• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There's a lot of new blood coming in now so maybe this will actually get some momentum.

e- Aah can a mod please fix the title? "Nany"

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Good, she's completely out of touch and terrible at her job.

ok stop quoting this i can't think of anyone who can do a better job, just think she needs some pushback because she's been saying some dumb shit recently about bipartisanship

Last edited:

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
But why though? Isn't Pelosi a pragmatist and moderate? Sounds like the sort of person you need these days with how crazy everything is becoming.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see who else comes forward. You still need someone with a lot of experience. I imagine Pelosi will get a decent chunk of GOP supporters that a neophyte wouldn't.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
A lot of these congresspeople campaigned and got elected under the rhetoric that they would oppose her for speaker. Even if she gets elected, they can say they didn't vote for her.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I agree.

I think that the "tried and true" ways dont work against this administration. We need new blood to try new things. Holding on the past won't help the future

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
QIQg.gif

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Fucking Christ...

They're just going to throw a hissy fit and try to vote against someone without bringing someone to the table to vote for.

Bunch of fucking amateurs.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Why are Republicans so good at smearing people, that even smeared person's own party buys into the shit?

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I would only be for her being replaced if they came up with an amazing candidate to replace her. Pelosi is good at her job whether I like her or not and has not been in a good position to really flex any influence because of republican majority houses so I don't see how we can make so much of a judgement on how terrible she is

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't sound like nearly enough to challenge Pelosi, nor do I think Pelosi should be replaced.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Pelosi is a progressive who gets shit done. She is the best at her job. Get these jokers out of here.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah GG fight among yourself you idiots.

The real enemy is the other party.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
She's been made into a pretty good villain not just for the right, but plenty of liberals. Even in this thread people have bought the bullshit.

But hey, if they can come up with somebody better who won't be as easy to villanize, cool.....but who the fuck would that be?

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I'm not a fan of Pelosi myself, she's a bit too much of a corporate Democrat for my tastes...but now is not the fucking time to show anything but Democratic Party unity.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree.

I think that the "tried and true" ways dont work against this administration. We need new blood to try new things. Holding on the past won't help the future

Not until an alternative is presented that I would find preferable to Pelosi. We don't need change for change's sake. That sort of thinking has, in the past, led to people electing someone with no political experience to the nation's highest office.

I'm not a fan of Pelosi myself, she's a bit too much of a corporate Democrat for my tastes...but now is not the fucking time to show anything but Democratic Party unity.

Agreed.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see all the people here clamoring for Speaker Newblood Freshface.

Pelosi is extremely competent and far more progressive than any of these fools. Tim Ryan is damn near a Blue Dog.

She should be Speaker.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah

Even though Im not a fan of Nancy myself I firmly believe this is the wrong time for infighting

Do be tea party level douchebags about it. Work with the entire party in on the conversation to find the best path forward

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I love the ageism from folks who no idea what the fuck they're talking about, assuming that since she's old she must be out of touch or not progressive.

Arrakis

Oct 30, 2017
ontario,canada
But why though? Isn't Pelosi a pragmatist and moderate? Sounds like the sort of person you need these days with how crazy everything is becoming.

Probably because she wants to work with the repubs. She's gutless , this is why dems can't energize the base , when the repubs have total power they go off and do there thing and fuck everything (unless your rich) up , when dems get power , they try to work with them and compromise so they fuck shit up but still get something in return.

It's like being in a relationship and your spouse hits you but once you save enough money you tell your spouse you're moving out on your own into your own apartment , then you're spouse apologizes and begs you to stay , then you stay and use that money to go on vacation to "work" on your relationship , once out of money the hitting begins again...............it's a cycle

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(flashback to 2016 and literaly every other election since 06 etc.) https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/30/poli...tion-results-nancy-pelosi-tim-ryan/index.html

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi defeated Ohio Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan ‎to retain her post as the top elected Democrat in the House during a closed-door meeting Wednesday.The final vote was 134 to 63 for Pelosi,

Tim Ryan's crew always tries, and has always failed. This faction is also to Pelosi's right. So if you consider yourself a leftist, you really should look into who you'd be getting as a replacement out of those jokers.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Schumer's much worse. But Pelosi's still pretty out of touch and bad at energizing the left to go out and vote.
who are fucking idiots and rallied and old white racist dude.

People who scoff at liberal corporate backed democrats dont know how shit gets done in the house. Pelosi isnt supposed to be a hypeman she is supposed to get shit done.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
They should keep her in that job simply because it wouldnt ruin someone else from being a presidential candidate. People already hate her so continue to let her take the heat and be the boogyman while you develop a clean bench on the periphery.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Schumer's much worse. But Pelosi's still pretty out of touch and bad at energizing the left to go out and vote.
Oh really???

Democrats had their biggest landslide victory in the house since fucking WATERGATE. And the highest turnout in a midterm since the 1960s.

Yeah, the left really wasn't energized to go out and vote. You got her there.