• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Compare her words to her record.

She said the same shit when we won in '06 and had to deal with Bush for two years.

She's making the hollow "bipartisanship" statement that leaders have to make.

I am hoping you're right

I am sorry to others if I came in hotheaded (although, really, comments about "HOW OLD ARE YOU LOL ?" American politics since the 2000's have been wack enough for me to worried)

I think my reaction is due that, in a time where we are on the brink of incoming climate catastrophe, and a constant rise of fascism that isn't going to stop anytime soon due to migration waves, people like Pelosi who Schumer who still try to keep up appearances, a thing that routinely costs the democrats a terrible lot of ground doesn't resonate well with me. I got a lot of trans friends in the US who are absolutely terrified of what's coming up next, and feel devastated themselves when they reps they support immediately let them down (morally speaking) with comments like these.

I don't think wagging fingers at the concerned disenfranchised/threatened class or saying that showing a bit more political clout is "perfectionist" or "extremist" is particuarily helpful. People are rightfully terrified right now, they are already the victim of persecution and comments like Pelosi do not help build trust among regular people

But I admit it was my bad to get mad. It's not on Pelosi's responsibility for the faults of other democrats, and she did do a lot of good in the past, so I'll give her that. Apologies everyone (I should also stay out of these threads more, bad for my hoot pressure)

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Pelosi is propped up by her great fundraising.

Not from small donors, but large donors.
Legalized bribery and corruption.

She's not just bad for the Democratic party. She's bad for the country.

Centrists and corporatists love her because they are ok with the status quo with minor incrementalism.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Centrists and corporatists love her because they are ok with the status quo with minor incrementalism.

Nancy Pelosi is the most liberal and progressive House leader in American history. Period.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

You're not getting more than minor incrementalism passed in the US system except for very rare circumstances, it was designed that way. Bemoan it if you want but that's hardly pelosi's problem.

But the biggest leap forward progressives had since The Great Society? That was thanks to Pelosi with Obamacare. And both LBJ and Pelosi are masters of legislative work. It's not a cooincidence.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
You're not getting more than minor incrementalism passed in the US system except for very rare circumstances, it was designed that way. Bemoan it if you want but that's hardly pelosi's problem.

But the biggest leap forward progressives had since The Great Society? That was thanks to Pelosi with Obamacare. And both LBJ and Pelosi are masters of legislative work. It's not a cooincidence.
What they do doesn't matter.

What's important is how I feel!

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
LOLOL at people thinking any current dem could do a better job as SOTH than Pelosi.

Please lol

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nancy Pelosi is the most liberal and progressive House leader in American history. Period.

Ignored the legitimate criticisms of Pelosi.
Donors give you power. You serve donors, not people.
Policy favors donors. Positive feedback loop tjst benefits gop politics.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, Schumer needs to go and I was fucking outraged the second he was announced as Reid's replacement.

Pelosi is fine though. I have issues with her, but her tenure as speaker during Obama's first two years saw an incredible amount of very progressive legislation getting passed. Most of it was killed or greatly watered down by the Senate, but that's not on her. She did a pretty good job.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017

She represents SF.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm?
You didn't address my points. The corrupting of money in politics is undeniable.
Because you have no policy substance to back up your claim. "She has big donors, thus corrupt" isn't an indelible truth, despite how much some of you would love to simplify things to that degree. Where in her voting or leadership record, exactly, do you see signs of her bending to her donors' will?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Like we said, none of these posters even know how any of this works. They blame the wrong people for the wrong things, and expect the impossible because they are too ignorant to know any better. These threads are basically always chock full of trying to teach these folks what the DCCC does, versus what the various branches of government do and are responsible for in addition to how little you can accomplish with no control.

Its depressing, because these people have SUCH STRONG OPINIONS on this stuff, but need to be reminded that Pelosi doesn't run House elections. This shit needs to be taught in High School...

Like i said this is why the GOP loves cutting from Education, lack of Civics classes literally makes it easier to get people to freak out like they are in this thread.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Pelosi doesn't need fundraising or donors to win SF. She's been on the ballot for decades. She doesn't run a campaign and will hold the seat until she dies, not having to spend a dime running for reelection other then what's required to file paperwork.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
good, we need someone radical honestly

Hi,

Welcome to page 13.

Let me get you up to speed.

The 10 Democrats are from the same Tim Ryan group that's been doing this for 10 years

Tim Ryan far from being a radical is a conservative Democrat who is supported by Conservative Democrats

So what you just said good to is the exact opposite of what you want and yet your first instinct to the headline was to say good... on Page 13.

Take a moment and reflect on what that means for you.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aside from this being a push from right-wing Dems...

Oh, come on, folks, stop buying into GOP propaganda. Pelosi, for her faults, is an exceptional whip, and there simply isn't anyone remotely as competent as her, as far as we know. In minority, she forced the GOP to concede to a fuckton of demands in order to pass a budget because the party who were supposed to be in government couldn't get their shit together.

Disunity is poison in politics. We've seen that all too well with the GOP's inability to govern despite having all three branches of government before the midterms happened.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

Welcome to page 13.

Let me get you up to speed.

The 10 Democrats are from the same Tim Ryan group that's been doing this for 10 years

Tim Ryan far from being a radical is a conservative Democrat who is supported by Conservative Democrats

So what you just said good to is the exact opposite of what you want and yet your first instinct to the headline was to say good... on Page 13.

Take a moment and reflect on what that means for you.

I've felt this for a while, but damn, your attitude sucks.

Not everyone spends every waking moment on this forum grandstanding and getting into arguments. Maybe take a moment to reflect on that before lashing out against people.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, who is making the complaints and who is the replacement?

Who?

Oh.

Eeeehhhhhhhhh no thanks.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Not everyone spends every waking moment on this forum grandstanding and getting into arguments. Maybe take a moment to reflect on that before lashing out against people.
They could also just read the first post before posting?

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying for the next 2 years.

Pelosi has had zero defections as her time as minority leader on every single important vote with Trump.

She got Dozens of congressmen and congresswomen to give up their seats to pass the ACA knowing it would seal their politics fates.

She is going to do just fine.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The first post does not go into detail about who the group is and there is even very little discussion about them (maybe a post or two) on the first page.

Lol Tim Ryan

They don't have a shot

Can't wait to see all the people here clamoring for Speaker Newblood Freshface.

Pelosi is extremely competent and far more progressive than any of these fools. Tim Ryan is damn near a Blue Dog.

She should be Speaker.

(flashback to 2016 and literaly every other election since 06 etc.) https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/30/poli...tion-results-nancy-pelosi-tim-ryan/index.html

Tim Ryan's crew always tries, and has always failed. This faction is also to Pelosi's right. So if you consider yourself a leftist, you really should look into who you'd be getting as a replacement out of those jokers.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

LOL

Reminder this is the Tim Ryan "The Dems have gone too far left under Pelosi" gang claiming to be the silent majority.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Also, Pelosi has some leverage with Trump. Sure, there will be a moment for her to step back but for the moment, I can't think of anyone else to do her job.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi doesn't need fundraising or donors to win SF. She's been on the ballot for decades. She doesn't run a campaign and will hold the seat until she dies, not having to spend a dime running for reelection other then what's required to file paperwork.

99.99% of her getting donations are for the general party and the rest of her caucus

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm. I live in SF and barely saw a single sign for her.
IIRC she regularly donates her campaign funds to other candidates.

LOL

Reminder this is the Tim Ryan "The Dems have gone too far left under Pelosi" gang claiming to be the silent majority.

Context for the term Silent Majority in American politics -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_majority
According to Republican pollster Frank Luntz, "silent majority" is but one of many labels which have been applied to the same group of voters. According to him, past labels used by the media include "silent majority" in the 1960s, "forgotten middle class" in the 1970s, "angry white males" in the 1980s, "soccer moms" in the 1990s, and "NASCAR dads" in the 2000s.[29]

it means white people

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
How many people are in this group of Democrats again? And how many Democrats are there in the House?

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You don't bring a knife to a total war. We can address money in politics while using it to get there.

Terrible analogy. You're agreeing to a gun fight and bring a bb gun. System favors gop and so you lose. And if you win, you get held hostage by donors. Money in politics will never be addressed in congress

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Boiled Goose

You gonna get back to me. Genuinely interested in seeing any substance to your assertions. You've been making them so long that I am positive you have evidence.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Because you have no policy substance to back up your claim. "She has big donors, thus corrupt" isn't an indelible truth, despite how much some of you would love to simplify things to that degree. Where in her voting or leadership record, exactly, do you see signs of her bending to her donors' will?

Just like with things like racial or gender discrimination, you look at aggregate statistics.
Look at Princeton study. Data is overwhelmingly convincing.

Man, those corporate donors must love donating to her randomly. Totally not an investment.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Just like with things like racial or gender discrimination, you look at aggregate statistics.

Man, those corporate donors must love donating to her randomly. Totally not an investment.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, she's completely out of touch and terrible at her job.

ok stop quoting this i can't think of anyone who can do a better job, just think she needs some pushback because she's been saying some dumb shit recently about bipartisanship

You aren't wrong. She's horrible at her job.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

"I can't point to a single vote in her long career, or can't be arsed to look, but hey, data shows it applies to Politicians in a general sense, so it MUST apply to her case specifically. Even though I can't find anything to back it up."

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

Frankly people who post in threads without reading them deserve more shaming than they get

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No lies detected. Her leadership has been awful for minorities and the poor. Her hyper pro capitalism stances don't help either. Nor does her condescending attitude with leftists.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): hostility, attacking other members, and a history of similar behavior
You almost tricked me into responding.

If you don't like the truth, that's your issue, PoliEraer.

Screw compromise with these people. Centrist desire to do that has slowly contributed to the death of workers rights, helped contribute to the rise of fascism instead of trying to curb it, minorities being endlessly scapegoated and attacked, etc.
All because, "we need to accept this as normal, stop being so uppity and just let us compromise". The more we try to compromise, the more we play into their hand and the further right wing this country becomes.
Pelosi needs to be gone.