• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Our favorite fascist government agency is at it again, rounding up hundreds of food processing workers at Mississippi poultry plants today - one of the largest immigration raids in at least the last 10 years.

From NPR:

Federal immigration officials raided several food-processing plants in Mississippi Wednesday and arrested approximately 680 people believed to be working without authorization.

The coordinated raids were conducted by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations "at seven agricultural processing plants across Mississippi," according to an ICE statement. In addition to the arrests, agents also seized company business records.

More than 600 ICE agents were involved in the raids, surrounding the perimeters of the targeted plants to prevent workers, mainly Latino immigrants, from escaping. The actions were centered on plants near Jackson owned by five companies, according to the Associated Press.

I'm sure that patriotic, economically anxious Real Americans will line up to take these jobs any day now...

Oct 28, 2017
California
Those poor people :(

FUCK THIS ADMINISTRATION.

Mississippi is already broke as fuck, get ready to pay more for poultry and other related products

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I remember some raids before Trump. It happened. I remember at least one that got a Walmart distribution center.

But the difference is the celebration of cruelty.

Not sure when we became a nation of bad guys.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
They likely intentionally waited until school was back in session. These kids would have been away at school as their parents were dragged away. So when they left school, there would be nobody there to get them.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Kids spending a night without their only legal guardian(s) by the way

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers were sweeping through the workplace and rounding up all undocumented immigrants. By the day's end, nearly 700 people would be arrested.

Angie's mother was one of them.

Friends of Angie's mother brought the 12-year-old girl to the food-processing plant to say goodbye before agents loaded her onto a bus with dozens of other immigrants. Angie is teary-eyed in a video of an encounter with an ICE agent, but also seems confused about what was going to happen next.

Angie wasn't the only child without a parent in Mississippi on Wednesday, according to local reports. Many children didn't have a loved one or family friend to go home to. Some walked home from school but were locked out because their parents were detained in the raid.

Volunteers set up a makeshift shelter for the children at a local gym tonight, WJTV's Alex Love reported. There was food, "but most children are still devastated and crying for their parents and can't eat," Love said on Twitter.

They raided without a single plan to care for children who are suddenly functionally homeless.

The cruelty is the point.

Oct 31, 2017
ICE are pretty much Early Nazis at this point. I wonder how far this shit will go before Trump leaves.

ICE needs to be abolished now.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a video of little kids crying as school because their parents were captured. This shit is heartless.

I feel people should stop saying "heartless". Heartless is an asshole landlord refusing to cut a family a break when they're behind for a month on rent.

Snatching up parents and leaving children wandering the street lost and confused is in another realm. It's depraved. It is actually evil.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
8-F414-A87-8-F19-4-E3-B-8-F52-75-EF2-FD7-A474.jpg

Rip this organization to shreds.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Considering he had illegal immigrants working in his own properties because they are cheap I wonder what's going to happen to the local economy when you wipe such a large amount of the workforce; American's are going to take those jobs at the underpaid wages they were giving, and I assume at the factory level margins are slim.

Even as an evil capitalist Trump fails

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Considering he had illegal immigrants working in his own properties because they are cheap I wonder what's going to happen to the local economy when you wipe such a large amount of the workforce; American's are going to take those jobs at the underpaid wages they were giving, and I assume at the factory level margins are slim.

Even as an evil capitalist Trump fails

No human is illegal

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Almost funny that noone wants to or is able to protest in the land of the free.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
ICE needs to be abolished.

ICE are pretty much Early Nazis at this point. I wonder how far this shit will go before Trump leaves.

ICE needs to be abolished now.

Republicans/GOP aren't going to do shit.

It's why Democrats are the ones who need to do so & destroy all concentration camps the moment that they have a trifecta again (& they're pretty much are guaranteed to have that again by next year due to all of this insanity going on with Trump).

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck every person who aided and abetted these raids. It's not just ICE. Local authorities had to have helped.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck every person who aided and abetted these raids. It's not just ICE. Local authorities had to have helped.
local politicians are probably loving this since they know their shit base loves to see immigrants suffer. although i'm surprised this happened since these poultry producers usually bribe the local politicians to avoid stuff like this. no way will they be able to function normally without that many people. doubt many other workers from the state go to work tomorrow out of fear of this happening to them.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Would be interesting to find out if any of these raids took place in Perdue processing plants...

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Christ those poor families, especially the children. I'm so tired. I'm just so tired of the hate. What can we do about ICE? Seriously. What options do we have? I've donated as much as I can to aclu and such but it just seems so hopeless. Even after a democrat is president, the majority of these shit heels will be free to find another job. How can we hold this organization responsible? Im just so tired of this country...

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is a good chunk of labor. There was a article where they followed a town for about a year a while where workers just stopped coming, the town is now on the verge of collapse.

These folks were working, not bothering anybody doing a job no one else wanted. But because they are brown they are the enemy for reasons