• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The app is useless that it's so funny that people expect Nintendo to start drooping snes games out of nowhere when they never promised they would. Also I don't even care, I mean they would be welcome but at this point I'd rather we take some gamecube games ported or remastered. If I want to play nes, gameboy, snes etc they are dozens of ways and platforms to play them. Give usthe ability to play stuff like Paper Mario Thousand Year Door or FZero GX or Eternal Darkness etc...
Good. You can play those games on a GameCube or Wii too.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Good. You can play those games on a GameCube or Wii too.
Unfortunately this is becoming more and more difficult. Games like Paper Mario and Fire Emblem have become really expensive. It's also a hassle to hook up your Wii or Gamecube on a modern TV.

There are also new gamers that weren't even born in the N64 or Cube era. For them it's even more difficult to play something like Fire Emblem

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing Other Users
As always, those doing somersaults to justify Nintendo's meagre subscriber benefits... are you on retainer?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Vice: Project Doom is great, don't sleep on that one people. I'm getting lots of playtime out of NO myself, considering what it costs, I think it's just fine.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Did they ever say they would? Or was that just speculation?
Datamining earlier this year showed SNES games then they were taken out in the next update. Probably were testing them at one point and accidentally left them in. I think they might have mentioned SNES games way back before the Switch launched but not sure.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Vice looks slick!
More obscure titles like these in addition to the couple of Famicom Disk titles they've given us in the West really show the potential of this service. Shouldn't have wasted time implementing online and just drilled down further to prepare more titles.

Iceman2343

Oct 27, 2017
Kung-Fu Heroes is not a name I ever expected to hear again. Janky and obtuse as all hell, but it's a charming little title.

Yeah, I was definitely not expecting this to be on the service. As you mentioned, it is a very charming and fun game and one of my all time favs (I still have my copy near my RetroUSB AVS along with some other games)

Wow the Kung Fu game brings back memories. I was really young and played co-op with my sister. Iirc it had a shared health pool and I'd always get annoyed that she was wasting my lives lmao.

It was always a joy to play the game with my friends to try to figure out how to get all the items, and also the warp zones. This is of course, without accidentally draining the lives pool.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I love that Nintendo is doing this. I love these slightly more obscure titles being given more attention.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Vice: Project Doom is what you get if you mix the best parts of Ninja Gaiden and Adventures of Bayou Billy.

eJelxAM.gif

Oh, this look awesome.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I honestly don't give a damn about this obscure NES games, where's Pac Man!? Mega Man? Bubble Bobble? sigh...

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't give a damn about this obscure NES games, where's Pac Man!? Mega Man? Bubble Bobble? sigh...
PAC Man and Mega Man are being sold on their own on the eShop and at retail. The publishers have no reason to offer those titles on this service. Look for Namco Musuem and Mega Man Legacy collection 1 for those titles.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did they ever say they would? Or was that just speculation?
Datamining earlier this year showed SNES games then they were taken out in the next update. Probably were testing them at one point and accidentally left them in. I think they might have mentioned SNES games way back before the Switch launched but not sure.
When Switch was first announced at the live conference they announced a paid online service with free nes and snes games as a perk. If you use the internet archive thing and go to their Nintendo Switch website on January 2017 it's there. When they delayed the online and reintroduced its proposition a year later they stopped mentioning snes.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I don't know how as it's some company named Sammy that published it here

The merger happened around 03-04? For the purposes of copyright and such they're the company responsible for it, so it's unsurprising that Sega's got a mention here. (While I'm sure Nintendo still holds a grudge against Tengen I have to say it would be hilarious if we got Shinobi NES though)

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
The merger happened around 03-04? For the purposes of copyright and such they're the company responsible for it, so it's unsurprising that Sega's got a mention here. (While I'm sure Nintendo still holds a grudge against Tengen I have to say it would be hilarious if we got Shinobi NES though)

Oh so they're that sammy. It's such a basic name that I was convinced the Sega Sammy was some gambling company unrelated to the video game one. Does that mean Amagon is a possibility now?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
My future NES want list based on the pubs who have committed, leaving out obvious no-gos due to impossible/prohibitive licensing, additional peripherals, alternate paid releases/collections, etc:

Arc System Works
  • Crash 'n the Boys: Ice Challenge (unreleased NTSC english version)
  • Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge
  • Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
  • Nintendo World Cup (shared rights)
  • Super Spike V'Ball (shared rights)
Capcom
  • 1943: The Battle of Midway
  • Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness
  • Makai Island (unreleased NTSC english version)
  • Mighty Final Fight
  • Section Z
  • Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight
  • Strider (shared rights)
City Connection
  • RoboWarrior (shared rights)
  • RodLand (optimized PAL import)
  • Shatterhand (shared rights)
  • Squashed (unreleased NTSC english version)
  • Totally Rad
  • Whomp 'Em
Culture Brain
  • The Magic of Scheherazade
HAL Laboratory
  • Adventures of Lolo 2
  • Adventures of Lolo 3
  • Air Fortress
  • Kabuki Quantum Fighter (shared rights)
Koei Tecmo
  • Fire'n Ice
  • Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
  • Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
  • Rygar
  • Tower of Radia (unreleased NTSC english version)
  • Uncharted Waters
Konami
  • Adventure Island II
  • Adventure Island III
  • Ai Senshi Nicole (import, fully playable)
  • Bio Miracle Boukette Upa (import, fully playable)
  • Blades of Steel
  • Bomberman II
  • Crisis Force (import, fully playable)
  • Faxanadu (Falcom license)
  • Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou (import, fully playable)
  • Life Force
  • Parodius (optimized PAL import)
  • Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
  • Quarth (import, fully playable)
  • Starship Hector
  • Stinger
  • Twinbee 3: Poku Poku Dai Mao (import, fully playable)
  • Xexyz
Nintendo
  • Earthbound Beginnings (unreleased NTSC english version)
  • Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics II
Sega
  • Rockin' Kats
Sunsoft
  • Journey to Silius
  • Mr. Gimmick (unreleased NTSC english version or optimized PAL import)
  • Ufouria: The Saga (optimized PAL import)

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Monthly update of my list. If we only look at publishers that already released games on NSO, there are 33 NES games left, thereof 13 from Nintendo.

List of games that were on the VC in NA (WiiU & 3DS), that are not yet on NSO:

Arc System Works:

Crash 'n' the Boys: Street Challenge
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
Renegade

Bandai Namco: no games on NSO so far
Dig Dug
Dig Dug II
Galaga
Mappy-Land
Pac-Land
Pac-Man
Sky Kid
Xevious
Capcom: excluding Mega Man

Gargoyle's Quest II
Mighty Final Fight
Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight

Culture Brain:

Baseball Simulator 1.000
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll
Flying Warriors
Little Ninja Brothers

Hamster (Jaleco):

Bases Loaded

Kaga Eletronics: no games on NSO so far

Summer Carnival '92: Recca

Koei Tecmo:

Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom

Konami: excluding Castlevania, Contra & Life Force

Adventure Island
Adventure Island II
Lode Runner
Milon's Secret Castle
Stinger
The Adventures of Bayou Billy

Natsume: no games on NSO so far

S.C.A.T.
Shadow of the Ninja

Nintendo:

Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Duck Hunt
EarthBound Beginnings
Golf
Hogan's Alley
Mach Rider
Pinball
The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Urban Champion
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

Sunsoft:

Ufouria: The Saga

Tozai Games: no games on NSO so far

Spelunker

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
NSO nes app has made me get to know so many new nes games

Some of my favorite games ARE the unknown, lesser played, niche titles. Werewolf, Kid Cool, Monsters in my Pocket, Galaxy 5000, Arkista's Ring, Krion Conquest...There's a LOAD of amazing NES games out there, but most folks are only ever exposed to the core Nintendo IP stuff.

And Powerblade 1 and 2!

You know what would be REALLY amazing? If they gave us Panic Restaurant or Little Samson. Those games are legit awesome, but way too expensive for, well, anyone.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Any Taito games would be great. They already have Bubble Bobble, hope that means they are open to getting other stuff like Kick Master and Powerblade.

Last edited:

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I remember Nintendo Power hyped Vice: Project Doom HARD way back in 1991 but I was never able to find it for rental. Excited to finally get to play it!