• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Increasingly confident, 8m lifetime is not only achievable, but probable.

Not sure on the sales totals at this time but must be at, or around, 6m 12 months after release.
Seems like it is increasing the avg. profiles per week... of course it is expected in the last three months of the year.

Any news? I love this thread
I'm in a happy but bit troubled situation... I already had this week update three days ago but we received the big new in my life on Saturday...

I will become dad... I'm very very happy and due that I have a lot of things to do (like travel to tell the news to my parents and her parents).

I promise I will update this week but it is not my priority right now :D

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really wanna get into this game but don't wanna play with pad. Need a good wheel. Always wanted a fanatec

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Yes, for sure expensive. Go big or go home. Hehe
GT Sport is one of the few sims out there that immediately feels great with a pad without any tweaking.

All I do is up sensitivity to max (7). But that's purely personal preference.

Seems like it is increasing the avg. profiles per week... of course it is expected in the last three months of the year.

I'm in a happy but bit troubled situation... I already had this week update three days ago but we received the big new in my life on Saturday...

I will become dad... I'm very very happy and due that I have a lot of things to do (like travel to tell the news to my parents and her parents).

There has been a PSN sale which hasn't been all that common.....unlike retail.

Oh, and congrats on the news.

Emula

Nov 30, 2017

Oh, congrats!! :)

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Latest profile number: 7178196
  • Total profiles: 6,177,269
  • Total GTS profiles: 5,540,585
  • Total Beta only profiles: 636,684 * Beta profiles turn in GTS profiles after play the final game
Thanks. 5.5 million in 11 months isnt bad and the game will have legs.

it sucks how the media treated this game. the online racing experience is easily the best racing experienced ive ever had. its revolutionary at least in the console space, looks and plays better than any other racer out there and was totally butchered by the reviewers. 75 on metacritic is a death sentence nowadays.

nismopower

Oct 29, 2017

it sucks how the media treated this game. the online racing experience is easily the best racing experienced ive ever had. its revolutionary at least in the console space, looks and plays better than any other racer out there and was totally butchered by the reviewers. 75 on metacritic is a death sentence nowadays.
Couldnt agree with you more !!
Gt sport is my game of generation!!

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017

Treated how it was deserved please
Light on content and innovation, other races have been pushing the envelope and immersion way harder
The series let itself fall off

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Treated how it was deserved please
Light on content and innovation, other races have been pushing the envelope and immersion way harder
The series let itself fall off
Certainly light on content.

However there is innovation in spades. Now all major sims are following with more structured online racing. For sim racing at least this is the most important aspect. On the presentation and UI front sims are notoriously slow & clumsy. From checking your stats, viewing your garage, photomode, livery creator etc., GT Sport is now, at worst, on par, in most cases, the benchmark.

The irony is GT Sport would have ranked 10pts higher on Metacritic if it had its current content and single-player GT League events. But for the core sim player these are bonuses and don't fundamentally change the game.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Update to Sep 27, 2018 (~17 days).

New GTS Profiles created: 116,256
Beta converted to GTS Profiles: Not checked.

It had a drop in about 2k profiles avg. per day (7k instead 9k)... I expect it to increase this fall.

Emula

Nov 30, 2017
Any update? more than a month has passed since the last survey, I'm curious about how many players there are now

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Wow at GB being almost as high as US, and GB+DE+FR being twice as high as US, with less population.

I started playing it this week. Those driving tests were insanely hard. The early one where it starts with you driving down a straight and do one right turn at full speed, I could barely squeeze a bronze no matter how often I tried it. Then I switched the gas input from R2 to X to test it out, and instantly first time I had a comfortable gold, almost a full second faster than before. I switched back to R2 and went to a newer controller, and was just as fast. So if you have an older controller, note that you may not be getting your foot to the floor with its R2 button.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody watch the regional finals last night? Some of the driving was pretty dirty and the stewards either chose to give a slap on the wrists or completely ignore them. Ugly day for GT