• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Stretch your wallets wide girls and boys of the master race!

The first BFGDs, coming later this year from ACER, ASUS and HP, are 65 inches, run at 4K at 120Hz, have G-SYNC technology, HDR with 1000 nit peak brightness, and an integrated NVIDIA SHIELD, giving you instant access to Netflix, Amazon Video and YouTube at 4K, NVIDIA GameStream, Android games and apps, and much more.

Also I like how the hashtag is #BFGD as to try and avoid a Bethesda lawsuit.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
s3ou1t.gif

M_A_C

Nov 7, 2017
I want one, but probably to expensive. They should just license G-sync and shield out to tv manufacturers.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
About time we got some proper 65" 4K HDR panel(s) @ 120Hz+gync. Now, about that msrp...

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't even want to use a monitor that large, I guess it makes sense for a living room PC setup though. I don't even want to think what this thing is going to cost.

Pretty cool tech though.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what the overall IQ and specs on the displays will be, and what price at 65". I'm expecting LED panels competing with OLED prices, so ~$3k.

I see no reason this should be $5k. Comparable high end TVs with better panels already sell at that prices, the cost for 120hz and G-Sync/Tegra built in won't be that much higher. Most of these high end TVs already have pretty powerful SoCs.

The differentiator here is 120hz panels at 4K, G-Sync, and having a Tegra SoC. I'm not expecting over $3500.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
These won't be any cheaper than 10k$

Still amazon. Day one if I win at the lottery (gsync with a proper nvidia equipped laptop would make this prety amazing for emulation purposes all the way up to version 193 of mame)

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't know if there's much of a market for this.

I mean 120hz is awesome and all (my desktop monitor is 144hz and I love it) but at the price I'm assuming this will be you could probably get a nice oled TV (and let's be real, at 65 inches this is a tv)

I'm not sure gsync will be as useful as it could be, either, because consoles and other tech will probably support freesync instead with HDMI 2.1...

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not OLED, very likely to be IPS panels because of the response time... that's a hard pass from me, man.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this is everything I wanted; can't wait to build a new PC for one of these!

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pair one of these bad boys with a setup like this:

...assuming decent response time, that may be all i need