• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Meh, still see no point of upgrading from my 1080ti. I will wait for Nvidia 7nm cards next year or higher performance AMD ones. I can live with Cyberpunk running not at absolutely high settings for the first playthrough.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought a 2070 very recently. Wonder if I should return it and wait for the SUPER.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
The 2060 isn't even 5 Month old. I kinda expected an update after a year or a bit less, but this is a bit annoying.

Wat

Dec 10, 2017
I'm just now buying a new computer but I'm struggling to see why this is an issue. Yes there will be improvements and perhaps they shouldn't happen so quickly, but will this really make that much of a difference for anyone other than the most hardcore turbo nerds? RTX2070 can already run most games on ultra high settings and at super high resolutions.
Not at the same time it can't. Overwatch is not hard on the GPU, but at 4K I still need to drop to lowest settings to hold triple digit FPS. To stay close to 144FPS I additionally need to drop to 75% rendering scale for an effective 1620p res.

I feel it's a good compromise GPU for now, can do either low res with high quality or high res low quality. Like many others here, I'll consider upgrading when the next gen shows up with the new process improvements and the top model is about 2x more performance along with HDMI 2.1 futureproofing. I considered shelling out for a 2080 Ti but the power wasn't enough considering the price. With that kind of price, I expect getting almost no compromises. Dropping resolution scale for raytracing is OK but in the absence of raytracing I'd like to see solid 120+FPS @ 4K high settings in AAA titles.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bSlmp-.gif
this is too good

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Wooo it pays to be patient.was originally waiting for 30xx RTX but fuck it. A super 2080ti will be more than enough to last me next gen

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
IMO, whoever has OK GPU should wait for 7nm Nvidia [rtx 3xxx ?]. That would provide really big boost with lower/same power consumption.

Oct 29, 2017
I guess I shouldn't be surprised if it goes all the way to the top of the line, but I thought it was going to be a case similar to the 1070 ti as a response to Vega 56. So only the cards bested by the new Navi were getting the refresh.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
My theory is Nvidia was scared AMD might actually have good GPUs up their sleeve so were prepping this in case.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Aren't these super cards basically Strix and Gaming Z versions of reference og's?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Well I'll feel slightly better about my 2070 purchase if these super cards start at the current base pricing of the current cards that are currently being sold. When it was rumored that the super cards would come out and an even further reduced price I was a bit upset. I feel bad for people that paid over $500 for a 2070 and over $700 for a 2080. Especially if they purchased them in the last few months.

When people buy new GPU's, unless they're purchasing far into the products lifecycle, they don't expect to have something replace what they're buying in under a year at a lower price. I purchased my 1070 for $440 very shortly after it released, a year and a half later the 1070ti came out at the same price with better performance but at that point it's expected.

The 2060 launched 5 months ago and now they may be coming out with a better performing one with 8gb's of vram for the same price? That has happened before YEARS ago but it overall is abnormal. Also, given the minor performance increase of the 2070 over a 2060, wouldn't a better performing 2060 with 8gb's of vram just be a 2070? Maybe a few % slower in benchmarks?

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Maybe crazy to ask but is Ampere still slated to release before this time next year? Because if so I'm content to wait it out a year longer. I want to make sure I have a GPU that is as close as possible to 4k/60FPS for crossplat titles for the generation as possible.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
That article managed to say absolutely nothing but tagging the "super" word onto the existing RTX lineup.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much of an upgrade on the RTX front should we assume for this 2080 Ti SUPER GPU?

I am mostly interested in upgrades to the ray tracing aspect considering it will be a feature used in Cyberpunk 2077 - the new game target for hardware upgrades.

I am planning my next major PC rig to be planned and based on getting the most out of CP2077....

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depending on the price I'll see. I'm tempted to always keep my gpu updated to latest because I'm a bit silly like that

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
While I really want to upgrade as my 1060 is starting to feel old...I don't like going for the 'S' model of any electronic. Probably will wait

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Dang, may have to move my 2080ti to the living room pc and get a Super 2080ti

May also turn out to be underwhelming like the GTX 1080 refresh was too. I wouldn't take any of it as the truth until they announce it

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
While I really want to upgrade as my 1060 is starting to feel old...I don't like going for the 'S' model of any electronic. Probably will wait

I'm with you, though 1060 is just fine for 1080p. Just drop from Ultra to High and stay on 60fps.

The 2060 should have had 8gb of memory from the get go. The Super is just the "TI" for those cards (2080 TI TI lol)

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
AMD why did you have to fuck up again, this is unbearable.

Yep. Right here.

I'm looking to get onto the HDR train which might finally mean a clean break from the Gsync ecosystem for me since there's only three monitors and they're all extortionately priced. If AMD had an 80 CU monster 5900X I'd probably be on that shit like Oprah on a baked ham.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ugh. I am running a 770 gtx. I can either wait for the super to get a 2060 for cheaper or just go for a 1660 ti. I only plan to do 1080p gaming and possibly oculus rift s vr if I decide to get it. I wonder if this will drop the 1660 to at all.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Wtf is this shit

Sorry but this doesn't even sound that appealing, I suppose they're refreshes but I still want a real reason to upgrade - I have a 1060 powering a 1440p/144hz monitor so it's frustrating having to wait for some genuine value that would last a while. I wish I bought a 1070 because that still would have satisfied me and was great value.