• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"walk-in" demand maybe before the end of CY Q1?

On Wednesday, Nvidia Chief Financial Officer Colette Kress indicated production of the new graphics cards remains tight as consumer demand for the products has far exceeded the company's own expectations. "Given industry-wide capacity constraints and long cycle times, it may take a few more months for product availability to catch up with demand," she said in an earnings call with investors.

uk.pcmag.com

Nvidia: It May Take a 'Few Months' for RTX 3000 Supplies to Catch Up With Demand

'We would appreciate more agile supply chains. But you know the world is constrained at the moment,' Nvidia's CEO says in an earnings call.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

www.techpowerup.com

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Suprim X Review - The Biggest Graphics Card in the World

The MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Suprim X is the new flagship series from MSI. It comes with the biggest cooler we've ever seen, which achieves unbelievable noise levels, quieter than any other RTX 3080. A large factory OC is included, too, and a dual BIOS as well.

comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
So only the 3070FE have a single 8 pin connector right?

The vendor gpus all have dual 8 pin connectors?

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I'm not sure where to post this. I backordered an MSI Gaming X Trio from Adorama long ago, forgot to cancel it after getting an FE 3080, and got the notification that it shipped yesterday. Turns out, the GXT won't even fit in my case anyways, so.

I'm not interested in scalping it, so if you want it, DM me. I paid $880 for it (I can send proof, tax is high in Seattle!), I just ask that you also pay for shipping as well.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure of it! It's also only a 600w psu so it might not handle the RYX 3070 right?
Which PSU do u have? Mine is a Seasonic 620W from 2015 and even that one has two 6+2 pin cables. Ur 600W PSU will most likely have no trouble either with powering a 3070. Especially when undervolted, which I've done with mine.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Which PSU do u have? Mine is a Seasonic 620W from 2015 and even that one has two 6+2 pin cables. Ur 600W PSU will most likely have no trouble either with powering a 3070. Especially when undervolted, which I've done with mine.

It's a UNYKA (???) 600w lol

Already checked in the box, only 1x(6+1)

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Lmao never heard of it. 😂 Better upgrade that PSU I guess or good luck trying to find a Founders Edition in the wild. U would have a lot more options if u had more than 1 cable for the GPU.

Hahaha, yeah, was already considering it. Gonna change it for a 700w PSU so that way I am safe for some time lol

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
damn.. thinking of getting rtx 2070 super for now. I am getting it for dirt cheap. Will it last long for this gen?

For 1440P I think the 2070 Super is great, I am currently waiting for the game that makes me wish I had a 3080. I'm going to be really interested in how CyperPunk performs on a 2070 Super. If I can still get 60+FPS at 1440P on a mix of high/medium settings I'll probably wait to the end of next year to upgrade.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Guys, if you had the option between these two 3070s, which one would you choose?

ASUS - TUF-RTX3070 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card

MSI - GeForce RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC BV - 8GB GDDR6 - PCI Express 4.0 - Graphics Card Black

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Hey Guys, if you had the option between these two 3070s, which one would you choose?

ASUS - TUF-RTX3070 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card

MSI - GeForce RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X OC BV - 8GB GDDR6 - PCI Express 4.0 - Graphics Card Black

TUF is objectively the better card, but ASUS is known for being a company that uses child labor, sooo....

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if anyone is still following the kopite train, he's still talking about the 3070 Ti. with a supposed mass of cards coming in January, I guess this might be one too

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Well the VRAM on my FTW3 is not great, +200 is it before I start to see (signs of) error handling. The card will run 2040-2070 all day long though so that's good.

I'll step it up when the Ti part releases but it's fun to tinker.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Got my Zotac 3080 AMP Holo, it's huge compared to my old 970 AMP
As to numbers:
40C idle, 78C load, ~20-22C ambient
+100 MHz core(+60 boost from FE)/+950 MHz memory, +160 crashes Port Royal, +150 crashes Fire Strike nearly instantly
340W power cap, only rarely goes past it.

3DMark scores: (on 70W 6700K, don't buy cheap ITX boards y'all)
11,711 Port Royal
18,034 Time Spy Graphics
11,072 Fire Strike Ultra Graphics

Edit: got some more consistent results with a +50 MHz OC with 1910@918mV rated undervolt and 950 MHz memory

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, I had an EVGA 2060 Super on which I wasn't happy with the passive-cooling desktop stuff, but it was rock solid, never had ANY crash with that card that even remotely looked like a hardware problem.

Same PC, now have a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC and I had 5 crashes in two weeks. 2 were during gameplay and 3 in desktop mode, possible with some super minor GPU load from a browser flash game and Photoshop.
The screen goes black, sometimes the PC reboots by itself after ~10 seconds, sometimes I have to turn it off myself, but I don't have to do the hold-power-button-for-5-seconds thing to reboot manually.

Any ideas?

More details:
- I have the sound go through the monitor, so I can't tell if I still have sound or input for a second or two after the screen goes black
- [Num] key doesn't turn off LED on keyboard in the cases where the computer doesn't reboot by itself
-newest nvidia driver is installed
- no additional OC, og Gigabyte fan profile
- Edit: Serial number starts with 2043
- haven't taken the card out and put it back in [it can't be that there's a minimal PCI-E pin overlap, or??]
- I have a really old 1200W power supply, the 3080 is connected to two different lanes with each power plug (supposedly up to 90 A when the PSU was new) [could it be that the lanes ramp up power differently and it would be smarter to connect it to only one lane and if it still crashes try the other lane? But really, at 20% desktop power load, this shouldn't be able to lead to a crash]

Last edited:

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
I will be staying with a 1080p60 monitor for the foreseeable future, so the 3070 i got is kinda overkill.

buuuuut

4k DLSS to a 4k60 TV, with less than 70% usage (Death Stranding)?
God almighty.
Based Convolutional Layers.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone is still following the kopite train, he's still talking about the 3070 Ti. with a supposed mass of cards coming in January, I guess this might be one too

Eh, I doubt that NV would put a whole another chip in between GA102 and GA104 considering where they are at the moment.
GA103 is more likely to be a full substitute for GA102 if it will even appear.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Already been stalking loval shops so that they give me some news for when they have the gpu available.

Missed the 3070 and 3080, lets see if the 3060ti is my destiny lol

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Im amazed that the FE of the new cards cost 499€ and 699€ while all the 3rd party variants cost over 200€ more...
i hope the prices go down when availability gets better.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Scan has put detailed card queues on their site now and wow some cards have been barely stocked. EVGA have delivered loads of their cards compared to ASUS but one thing is consistent across most of the brands. The cheapo cards have been ignored since launch and the higher end cards have been prioritised (3080 perspective).

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
This evga 3070 combo is up for >10 minutes (no one in the discord seems to want it)

www.newegg.com

Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

Newegg.com offers the best prices on computer products, laptop computers, LED LCD TVs, digital cameras, electronics, unlocked phones, office supplies, and more with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Newegg shopping upgraded ™

Seems like it doesnt add the card to your cart, just the MB. Could be why no one wants it

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Scan has put detailed card queues on their site now and wow some cards have been barely stocked. EVGA have delivered loads of their cards compared to ASUS but one thing is consistent across most of the brands. The cheapo cards have been ignored since launch and the higher end cards have been prioritised (3080 perspective).
Queue details have been up for a few weeks. It really is shocking how few cards are coming in. Basically tiny percentages of the queue size from the day one orders.