• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is it, Era?

• RTX Refresh

Votes: 315 21.6%
  • New Titan

Votes: 448 30.7%
  • Super Switch

Votes: 696 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by past Nvidia product reveals...no. But considering how they were bashed on social media and in reviews for charging huge price premiums on the RTX cards when they were revealed, they might have heard the masses and might price these new cards cheaper....who knows? Nvidia owns the top-tier GPU market and they can get away with anything there...

Fuck I guess I'm waiting for this announcement then. Shit.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Probably another gfx card focussed on RTX sold at a very high premium. Going to continue to wait until RTX becomes the norm or these cards get over this focus.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
It's not the Super Switch because it wouldn't be nvidia teasing it.

But because everyone says it's not the Super Switch then it absolutely is the Super Switch.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Wish it was about Switch but I can't imagine Nvidia teasing that before an announcement from Nintendo.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've love for the RTX series to get a large price cut so I have something to upgrade to within reason.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I hope it's "super discounts" but I'm sure it will instead just be another "super expensive" GPU. Marketing makes it seem like it'll just be some 3000 dollar thing that they do for press coverage every once in a while.

"We Tested nVidia's New SUPER Card And It Lives up to the Name"

"Why You Should Go Big or Go Home with nVidia's New SUPER GPU"

"NVidia SUPER: The New Engame of Performance GPUs?"

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Something Super is coming...the Super Switch. The Nintendo SS. With the Super Tegra, alongside Super Shield devices as well as Super RTX cards

Honestly, they put in their vid description #GeForce...so 99.9% imo its their graphic card

Last edited:

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
Look guys, yeah, it seems weird for Nvidia to tease this instead of Nintendo, but lemme make a couple points:
1.) We'd all know exactly what it is if Nintendo teased it.
2.) This:
ecb841d61c.png

Absolutely looks like a modern take on this:
b0f0fa7f83.png

Nvidia doesn't use fonts like that. As unlikely as it seems, I legitimately don't know what else it could be.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's a solid and affordable RTX card.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Look guys, yeah, it seems weird for Nvidia to tease this instead of Nintendo, but lemme make a couple points:
2.) This:
ecb841d61c.png

b0f0fa7f83.png

Nvidia doesn't use fonts like that. As unlikely as it seems, I legitimately don't know what else it could be.
To add to this, and something I didn't really think about before is that these teases generally show off the shroud of the founders cards, or at least that's been the case since the 10 series cards. What would be so big and flat outside of maybe the back of a tablet?

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Z_20Lpzr4LfGH_tCfzvgT4pJ2BgvK9awsM14bFadgh_FldYHYEB9OlVTkG6il90y7IKrY6ZVvgDjo0DHly5TZxgqvVe6XTfX81MLmIWA38MjcpvDQpAd_XIV6e4OegRwlPaiYirHdw=w2400

I mean it kinda looks a little like Nintendo font, but ugh... why would they tease this on Nvidia's channel and not Nintendo's?

Edit: This looks more like a Geforce product than anything to do with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
2.) This:
ecb841d61c.png

b0f0fa7f83.png

Super Dock for Switch. Now housing tensor cores for DLSS when docked for 4K output.

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
Z_20Lpzr4LfGH_tCfzvgT4pJ2BgvK9awsM14bFadgh_FldYHYEB9OlVTkG6il90y7IKrY6ZVvgDjo0DHly5TZxgqvVe6XTfX81MLmIWA38MjcpvDQpAd_XIV6e4OegRwlPaiYirHdw=w2400

I mean it kinda looks a little like Nintendo font, but ugh... why would they tease this on Nvidia's channel and not Nintendo's?
Idk, it's a weird way to go about it if it's the case. But at the same time, I can't put that "super" there next to any existing design language from Nvidia and not think it looks awful.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
It is the GeForce channel that is tweeting this. No idea what GeForce has to do with Nintendo (this is meant as a serious question because I have no idea).

Normally GeForce means gaming graphics cards.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
There was some talk about them revealing a new Tegra+Shield next week(perhaps the same one being used in the Switch revisions). Could be that super is relevant to that. Super Shield? Beyond that, they have a history with super hero code names of late, so I imagine would be something for a new GPU.

But anyway, Super Switch omg guys!

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think this has anything to do with Switch - Nintendo would be the first to say anything about what's coming next for their platform, and not NVIDIA

I imagine it'll be just something overpriced again

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Something to note (and may have already been pointed out)

This was posted on the Nvidia GeForce YouTube channel and not their Nvidia one they post all their other stuff on (AI, Data, Self Driving Cars, etc...)

They posted about Shield (handheld and TV) on their main Nvidia channel and their GeForce channel.

I don't see any specific posts about Nintendo Switch on either channel. They've only ever posted stuff about Tegra on their main channel.

This is most likely GPU related or related to a new Shield TV/Portable/something...

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Nvidia announce Nintendo's product? It would be like AMD announcing PS5.

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
This is most likely GPU related or related to a new Shield TV/Portable/something...
I'd genuinely love if it was. I want a good handheld emulation machine. My main holdup is still that this is really not Nvidia's design language.

Those are good points you made though. If it's not a gaming product from Nvidia exclusively, it is weird that they just posted it on that channel.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It does look a lot like the Super Nintendo font, that's why Nintendo was first thing I thought of

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Whatever it is, it'll be priced 30% more than the direct next competitive product in their own line for something like a 0-10% gain.
It's happened before.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Whether it be a Switch related thing or not, I'm personally 95% confident on it being a tablet/handheld of some sort.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay okay I will spill the beans, I know what this is, a new line of GPUs, the Nvidia Super NTX Series!

They are made in collaboration with Nintendo and come with a Switch card-slot so you can play Switch games on your PC now with 4k HDR 144hz RayTracing support in all existing Switch games!

After the announcement Nintendo will reveal that they bought majority stock of Nvidia and they will eventually control the company!

/s obviously :P

Status
Not open for further replies.