• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is it, Era?

• RTX Refresh

Votes: 315 21.6%
  • New Titan

Votes: 448 30.7%
  • Super Switch

Votes: 696 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Super nintendo Switch.

All in

gYV46gB.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Not Super Switch, but could be the next Switch focussed Tegra chip? It's necessary for Nvidia's Tegra line to diverge to support their home systems and AI/Auto focused systems separately. Perhaps for their home chips they are moving to Nintendo inspired product names? Super Tegra, followed by Tegra 64, lol.

The corner of the video says RTX, and there's basically zero chance a Super Switch will support ray tracing, unless they are ready to release a new, full-on game console, that has PS5 caliber graphics (GTX 1080/RTX 2060 visuals?). BUt alas, the technology is also probably way too expensive.

That's their channel logo, example:

Dec 23, 2017
Like others have said they wouldn't be announcing the next switch. Our best case what I'm hoping is the SoC that will power the switch revision and their next nvidia shield line.

Ikouros

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
A Super Switch tease is so wild that it can't possibly be true... can it?
The ONLY other thing I can think of right now is some sort of membership/account thing.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Ooooh can we get super graphics cards now? With FX chips?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I really hope it's like a souped up 2060 or 2070. or even a new improved Titan RTX card
I don't want it to be the new fast 2080ti successor card. I have only had my 2080ti 8 months and I am weak willed so will end up buying whatever it is if its a 2080ti successor. $$$$$$ :'(

Oct 29, 2017
If the Navi rumors are true, and Nvidia is going to pull another 1070 ti like when the Vega 56 came out. Then it could be cards on the hypothetical ballpark of a 2060 ti and 2070 ti.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Not Super Switch, but could be the next Switch focussed Tegra chip? It's necessary for Nvidia's Tegra line to diverge to support their home systems and AI/Auto focused systems separately. Perhaps for their home chips they are moving to Nintendo inspired product names? Super Tegra, followed by Tegra 64, lol.

That's their channel logo, example:

Well well then... a Super Switch makes more sense than most other things. It would be interesting for Nvidia to be the ones to start teasing a new Nintendo system though.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a Super Shield TV that could emulate PS2 at full speed. Would be my dream retro console.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a Goku branded super gtx card. It will glow yellow when the heat temps rises above a certain level. Then Goku will scream through the onboard speaker system.

Super Switch® sounds so silly it just might be true

Oct 26, 2017
Well well then... a Super Switch makes more sense than most other things. It would be interesting for Nvidia to be the ones to start teasing a new Nintendo system though.

It's speculated there is will be a new Shield TV soon, there was a new controller registered or something like that. Chances are it will also use the same chip as whatever is replacing the old Tx1.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Picked a perfect time to buy a 2080ti. Whatever this thing is, I'm going to have to ignore it hard.

Also, people voting on super switch lol.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
It's speculated there is will be a new Shield TV soon, there was a new controller registered or something like that. Chances are it will also use the same chip as whatever is replacing the old Tx1.

Very cool,
I would hope Nvidia has some great upgrades in store for new Tegra Chips, I want to see the Switch evolve.

A new lineup of sheild products makes probably more sense than a super switch, it might be a bit early for that, even if not out of the question.

leenbzoold

Apr 5, 2018
The corner of the video says RTX, and there's basically zero chance a Super Switch will support ray tracing, unless they are ready to release a new, full-on game console, that has PS5 caliber graphics (GTX 1080/RTX 2060 visuals?). BUt alas, the technology is also probably way too expensive.
That's just the logo of the youtube channel where this was posted.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
If the Navi rumors are true, and Nvidia is going to pull another 1070 ti like when the Vega 56 came out. Then it could be cards on the hypothetical ballpark of a 2060 ti and 2070 ti.

That's be my guess. They usually have some card launch planned for when AMD releases stuff.

Or maybe they have a 7nm Titan RTX card or something.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Those prices are gonna be super!

I do hope that we are not looking at incremental gains.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't bite on the 20xx series so a 2070ti or something would be great
-ly expensive

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many people that used to buy the 780 ti, 980 ti, and 1080 ti has Nvidia lost by starting at fucking $1200 for the 2080 ti. I know that I'm one of them. I was buying every generations high end Ti at $700-800, and I thought that was insane.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Please don't let it be anything more powerful than a 2080Ti, I don't wanna spend anymore more money

On second thoughts, fuck it - SUPER RTX 2080Ti ULTRA ... GIMME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.