• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck, if they get Marty's Lightroom that's endgame.

Edit: What does this mean for depth buffer access in previously unsupported games?

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
That is a great idea.

It would be really cool if they add also the ray tracing option from ReShade for all the games that don't have native support.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Does that include sharpening as an option for any game? Could that "raytracing" reshade effect be on the table too?

Also looking forward to potentially being able to use the Tales of Vesperia performance fix with Nvidia's reshade, because I had trouble installing reshade before.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I might enable the GeForce overlay now, although I only use ReShade for shapening or anti aliasing.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Might want to explain what Reshade is for folks who don't know
ReShade is a generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.

The possibilities are endless! Add advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field effects, chromatic aberration, dynamic film grain, automatic saturation and color correction, cross processing, multi-pass blurring ... you name it.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Hopefully it's not only available to games that already have Freestyle support.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Good news but I have never used Reshade as I don't like to alter the look of games except for texture resolution.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Could this possibly be abused in online titles? Something to make player models glow/be extra contrasty?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Reshade's AA solutions are my main use for games that use blurry ass post processing so this is great.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Anyone think eventually we could implement HDR for older games in a form like this?

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
oh fuck, if they get Marty's Lightroom that's endgame.

Edit: What does this mean for depth buffer access in previously unsupported games?

Is there any reason to expect this to be the case? If so, I guess my hope is they also support custom shaders. I personally love the Super Depth 3D shader. That requires depth buffer access. Something like Pinball FX3 would now be able to have SBS 3D if these two were true.

Jun 14, 2019
Im pretty sure it's not actually using reshade fx n labelling it that is entirely wrong. If it's anything like freestyle then yea Instagram filters is a better description.

Going by the images too its more like filters than reshade

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I wonder if this will noticeably increase the file size of drivers going forward, or if this is super lightweight.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Instagram does depth of field, anti aliasing, and camera position based effects live and in real time?
Yes, yes for the 3D objects, and yes again for the augmented reality applications. Instagram (and Snapchat) filters for stories are actually very similar to what ReShade can do, and even more complex when doing 3D face tracking and displacement. It's not the most apt comparison, but its also not as far off as some of the people crying foul over it seem to think.

This video goes a little into how you can develop your own filter:

The software (free!) https://sparkar.facebook.com/ar-studio/

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, I'll be able to apply sharpening to games that don't have sharpening filters!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
But will it bring the AA aspect or similar effects? That is the only reason I ever use Reshade, never for a different color look which always look worse to me than the default.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
So through Freestyle? So it's limited to a number of games that supports Freestyle.

ReShade is a powerful tool that makes me question the point of buying an HDR monitor.