• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
good breakdown of both current and next-gen hardware, demystifies a lot of the speculation. particularly the folks who are claiming Sony made some sort of 2013 Xbox One level engineering bungle with the PS5. i dont think it's understood just how FUBAR'd that situation was. and i mean, to add, we don't know the consumer side of things yet but Xbox One also managed to be about a $100 higher in sticker price, thanks to the cable box priorities.

and we dont have the prices, If ps5 is cheaper next to xbxsx then it will make more sense

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
That's not how things work lol. It's the percentage difference that matters, not the Tflop number between them, as performance scales with resolution.

Whilst the difference between the XSX and PS5 may be a PS4's worth in Tflops, the reality is that 17% difference might lead to very small graphical or resolution differences that are most likely going to be fairly negligible, as there is such a thing as diminishing returns the further up the resolution scale you go. That is if devs choose resolution to take the hit over frame rate, which I'd imagine they would (similar to this gen with the PS4 Pro).

To clarify on why the differences are so much less this gen.

Performance:

The PS4 has 40% more computational power than the Xbox One (1.84 Tflops vs 1.31 Tflops).

The Series X has 17% more computational power than the PS5 (12 Tflops vs 10.28 Tflops)

In other words, the performance delta was far greater this gen than it will be next gen.

Clockspeed:

The Xbox One's GPU clocks were 6.6% faster than the PS4's (853 MHz vs 800 MHz).

The PS5's GPU clocks are 22% faster than the Series X's (2.23Ghz vs 1.825GHz).

The benefits of a higher clockspeed that some have discussed were less apparent at the start of this gen than they are with the PS5/XSX.

Storage:

Both the Xbox One and PS4 came with a standard 5400rpm HDD.

The PS5 has an 825GB SSD at 5.5 GB/s, whilst the XSX has a 1TB SSD at 2.4 GB/s, so the PS5's storage is around 129% faster.

So here the PS5 actually has a clear advantage, unlike with the Xbox One and PS4 that were a wash.

Memory:

The Xbox One has 8GB of DDR3 at 68.26 GB/s and just 32MB of eSRAM at 204 GB/s. The PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 at 176.0 GB/s. In other words the PS4's 8GB's of ram was 158% faster than the XO's.

The Series X has 16GB of GDDR6, 10GB of which is at 560GB/s and 6GB of which is at 335GB/s, whilst the PS5 also has 16GB of GDDR6 the entirety of which is at 448GB/s. So the PS5's ram is 34% faster than 6GB's of the Series X's, whilst 10GB of the Series X's ram is 25% faster than the PS5's.

In other words, there isn't anywhere near the gulf in memory performance between the PS4/XO as there is with the PS5/XSX.

Ultimately, the performance gulf between the Xbox One and PS4 was much bigger, and unlike with the Xbox One which essentially had no performance advantages over the PS4 (hence people resorted to secret sauces like Cloud, dGPU etc that didn't actually have provable or scientific benefits), the PS5 actually has a couple of real and tangible advantages over the Xbox Series X, or areas where they're near enough matched.

Thanks for this. Is there any way to get a CPU core/speed comparison? That's the one I'm the fuzziest on, especially internalizing the idea of more slower cores versus fewer faster cores.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I think we should not be reductive. There is a high chance that devs will just use PS5 as base and the difference will be quite negligible. I also expect Xbox 1st party to utilize their CUs to create interesting games as well. I think it will be a tough generation to just say X or Y is better in most respects.
I said that originally because due ssd limits of xsx, 3rd parties wont utilise true potential of ps5 ssd in terms of level design. Therefore design wise i see games being similar but will run better and faster on the xsx.

However sony 1st party will be able to completely maximise the use of ssd potential so i think you will see great level/content design on their games.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
But what you can do with that million dollars is no different and doesn't change. The extra TF is more power to do stuff
Yes but that million dollars doesn't improve the life of the billionaire in any tangible way. That's the point. He might buy an extra car or two for his collection but the other billionaire wont be missing that extra one million because he already has plenty of cars too.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
It's not just the speed of the SSD that's faster in PS5, it's also the way that it's integrated into the system in a much tighter way with fewer things to slow down the transfer. It really is a significant step above anything else.

Yeah, you mean magic. They are both integrated into the system at a deep level. The PS5's SSD is faster, no doubt, but it's not going to somehow solve all the shortcomings of the console, it's just not. That's not rational thinking.

The Xbox has the same tech as what Sony has, it's just that their SSD is faster. If Microsoft later puts in a 5.5 GB/s into their system when it's more available and cheaper, then it's an automatic win. It won't change much, but the system can become faster.

You guys are blowing this magic sauce out to be something it's not.

I challenge you to go have a look at the Velocity Architecture language, it's the same as Sony's.

More is going to be presented of the Velocity Architecture later this year as well, go ahead and follow it.
It's all the same stuff.

I am not one of those people that say "everything is all the same", when it's not, but in this case, it really is.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
So X1X is using Kraken?

Microsoft is using their own hardware compression that does the same thing as Kraken, Sony just gave it a nice name.

You guys need to go over the hardware decompression chip on Xbox and the Velocity Architecture and there will be more information about it later this year with one of the guys that worked on this.

Kraken sounds cool! Raise the "Kraken"! ;-p

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
Yeah, you mean magic. They are both integrated into the system at a deep level. The PS5's SSD is faster, no doubt, but it's not going to somehow solve all the shortcomings of the console, it's just not. That's not rational thinking.

The Xbox has the same tech as what Sony has, it's just that their SSD is faster. If Microsoft later puts in a 5.5 GB/s into their system when it's more available and cheaper, then it's an automatic win. It won't change much, but the system can become faster.

I challenge you to go have a look at the Velocity Architecture language, it's the same as Sony's.

More is going to be presented of the Velocity Architecture later this year as well, go ahead and follow it.
It's all the same stuff.

I am not one of those people that say "everything is all the same", when it's not, but in this case, it really is.
Yeh sure, it's magic and pixie dust. You go ahead and believe what you want friend, or alternatively you can read what tech savvy people and actual developers are saying about the differences and educate yourself on the subject.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018

It's all the same stuff.

I'm not a tech guy but...it isn't just software that differentiates the two systems. There is a hardware difference, including chips dedicated to efficiency/optimizing the development pipeline, on top of whatever software stuff is there. Based on what others have said your interpretation seems pretty far removed from reality.

Now how much SSD will effectively change performance? I don't think it will very much besides shorter load times in anything except first party games, so in that sense the "closing the gap" argument for Sony's SSD seems misinformed if not misguided. However I also don't think floating the notion that Microsoft could achieve the same thing Sony has is very accurate either.

Of course this comes with the disclaimer that I'm not technically savvy enough to come to these conclusions on my own so who knows.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
Yeh sure, it's magic and pixie dust. You go ahead and believe what you want friend, or alternatively you can read what tech savvy people and actual developers are saying about the differences and educate yourself on the subject.

Well, when you only show first party developers on one machine saying great things that are already being done another, how does that make sense bro?

THINK about that for a moment.

We had the same thing about insiders telling us that it was going to be close, really close and we see that it's obviously not even close.
Not even close at all.

It was all hyperbole. That's why you see the back tracking with the magical SSD now.
It's the next thing to save face..

LOL come on man...

Nobody is trolling here, they have been trolling US...

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NX gamer is criminally underrated. I wish he had the same following as digital foundry. He totally deserves more recognition for his work and I love his technical breakdowns. It's complex enough without being overbearing.

I've watched and been a fan of NXGamer since the start but I have to say he's developed a bit of a smug, know it all attitude in the past year, especially in his latest few videos about the new console specs. Like he was the only one to predict Zen CPU's, 10-12tflop GPU's and SSD's... That stuff has been predicted for a couple of years everywhere online because of public AMD tech road maps and more recently leaks.

I'm still a huge fan but I think this attitude has lead to the downfall of his channel in general. A shame because so many of his videos have a ton of effort and great technical knowledge but they only get a few thousand views at best versus his first few years where the average video was 10k or over.

I still go back and watch old tech videos and thoroughly enjoy them too. I always wanted NXGamer to join DF but he does this content as a side gig so I'm sure he doesn't care about view counts.

I was a huge Totalbiscuit fan back in his WoW radio days and NX's accent reminds me so much of him.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, when you only show first party developers on one machine saying great things that are already being done another, how does that make sense bro?

We had the same thing about insiders telling us that it was going to be close, really close and we see that it's obviously not even close.
Not even close at all.

It was all hyperbole. That's why you see the back tracking with the magical SSD now.

LOL come on man...

What do you mean it's not even close? This is perhaps the closest in performance two next gen Microsoft and Sony systems have ever been.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft is using their own hardware compression that does the same thing as Kraken, Sony just gave it a nice name.

You guys need to go over the hardware decompression chip on Xbox and the Velocity Architecture and there will be more information about it later this year with one of the guys that worked on this.

Kraken sounds cool! Raise the "Kraken"! ;-p
Umm, Kraken is an 3rd party Decompression technology. Mark Cerny said in is talk that Developers were the ones that were talking about it so Sony implemented it.

Oodle Kraken

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
I'm not a tech guy but...it isn't just software that differentiates the two systems. There is a hardware difference, including chips dedicated to efficiency/optimizing the development pipeline, on top of whatever software stuff is there. Based on what others have said your interpretation seems pretty far removed from reality.

Now how much SSD will effectively change performance? I don't think it will very much besides shorter load times in anything except first party games, so in that sense the "closing the gap" argument for Sony's SSD seems misinformed if not misguided. However I also don't think floating the notion that Microsoft could achieve the same thing Sony has is very accurate either.

Of course this comes with the disclaimer that I'm not technically savvy enough to come to these conclusions on my own so who knows.

Well, Sony's SSD is faster, but there is nothing to say that Microsoft can't do the same thing with newer versions of Xbox Series X consoles in the future.
The only difference is the speed of the drive, that's it.

You are going from 2.4 GB/s to 5.5 GB/s and since both offer PCI Express 4.0, it would not be a problem for Microsoft to produce faster speed SSD's in the future on the motherboard if they wanted.

Go look at what Microsoft did with the Xbox One X as far as removing bottlenecks in the system. They are going to do the same thing with the XBox Series X as well and that includes I/O.

It comes down to Price and availability of these drives and this is "POSSIBLY" where Sony will have trouble with both.

Sony games will load quicker, but Microsoft has the faster memory speeds, so it comes out as a wash.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
Umm, Kraken is an 3rd party Decompression technology. Mark Cerny said in is talk that Developers were the ones that were talking about it so Sony implemented it.

Oodle Kraken

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

Okay, then I must have misunderstood because I thought it was a name for their hardware decompression tech.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Great post Nib.

You know its interesting, I don't think the PS4s GDDR5 ram had much of a real world performance gain over the Bone, the resolution improvements on multiplats (1080 vs 900p generally) can be down to the TF advantage mostly. I find that peculiar looking back on it.
You need more bandwidth to push higher resolutions. Also helps with having higher rez textures and moving that around quick enough.
But what you can do with that million dollars is no different and doesn't change. The extra TF is more power to do stuff
That's not necessarily true, ye, you can do the same with the million dollars, but what a poor man needs a million dollars s very different from what a rich man would need it for. Basically, its more important to the poor man than it is to the rich one. The rich one could even arguably do without it and be just fine.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
What do you mean it's not even close? This is perhaps the closest in performance two next gen Microsoft and Sony systems have ever been.

No, that's just a fantasy, not based in reality. You will see when the third party games come out.

You don't get close this generation by making a $399 system vs a $499 system

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Well, Sony's SSD is faster, but there is nothing to say that Microsoft can't do the same thing with newer versions of Xbox Series X consoles in the future.

You are going from 2.4 GB/s to 5.5 GB/s and since both offer PCI Express 4.0, it would not be a problem for Microsoft to produce faster speed SSD's in the future on the motherboard if they wanted.

Go look at what Microsoft did with the Xbox One X as far as removing bottlenecks in the system. They are going to do the same thing with the XBox Series X as well and that includes I/O.

It comes down to Price and availability of these drives and this is "POSSIBLY" where Sony will have trouble with both.

Sony games will load quicker, but Microsoft has the faster memory speeds, so it comes out as a wash.

Are you under the assumption that they aren't using heavily modified SSD's that are integrated in specific ways to the rest of the hardware? Like, Microsoft isn't going to just swap SSD's and it will be the same. Plus, there are all of the other hardware components to account for.

I mean...I don't know what else to say really. If your focus is on what Microsoft can do with a mid-generation console refresh the same argument can be said for Sony. The PS5 Pro can have 100 teraflops and 128 CPU cores. How does what might or could happen have anything to do with discussing the next generation of consoles? The XSX has a ton of awesome things to discuss, why obfuscate?

No, that's just a fantasy, not based in reality. You will see when the third party games come out.

Oh, well okay then I see how productive this conversation will be. Have a good day.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
You need more bandwidth to push higher resolutions. Also helps with having higher rez textures and moving that around quick enough.

That's not necessarily true, ye, you can do the same with the million dollars, but what a poor man needs a million dollars s very different from what a rich man would need it for. Basically, its more important to the poor man than it is to the rich one. The rich one could even arguably do without it and be just fine.

But in the world of tech and rendering every bit of TF you get is can be used for that much more rendering needs. If a RT graphical effect takes 1TF to use, then that's 1TF XSX can use freely without sacrificing anything else. Just like world of cars every HP gain is crucial for that second off the 1/4 mile

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, then I must have misunderstood because I thought it was a name for their hardware decompression tech.
There's so much news it's hard to follow everything.

It does seem that it's has the potential to be more efficient. According to Sony, if data compresses well, 5.5GB/s could turn into 20+GB/s, though real world is likely 9GB/s.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

But then everyone who bought an SSD expansion card would need to replace it with a newer and faster one, or else they wouldn't be able to play games made for the newer drive speeds.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020
Are you under the assumption that they aren't using heavily modified SSD's that are integrated in specific ways to the rest of the hardware? Like, Microsoft isn't going to just swap SSD's and it will be the same. Plus, there are all of the other hardware components to account for.

I mean...I don't know what else to say really. If your focus is on what Microsoft can do with a mid-generation console refresh the same argument can be said for Sony. The PS5 Pro can have 100 teraflops and 128 CPU cores. How does what might or could happen have anything to do with discussing the next generation of consoles? The XSX has a ton of awesome things to discuss, why obfuscate?

Microsoft could make the same modifications they already have. If they can do it with 2.4x, they can do it with 5.5x too. You are making this out to be more complicated than it has to be.

Sony could make a PS5 Pro, that's all true. We will have to see about their BC issues though, but sure, why not.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

Not even close at all.

LOL come on man...

Wait... you sincerely believe that the PS5 and XSX aren't close in performance?

16% GPU compute difference is not "close"? Less than 4% CPU difference is not close? Near identical RAM bandwidth and amount is not close?

guess I have read it all now.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018

But in the world of tech and rendering every bit of TF you get is can be used for that much more rendering needs. If a RT graphical effect takes 1TF to use, then that's 1TF XSX can use freely without sacrificing anything else. Just like world of cars every HP gain is crucial for that second off the 1/4 mile

Yeah but 50 horsepower in a 300
Horsepower car compared to 50 horsepower in a 800 horsepower car is not yielding the same gains and that I something I thought would have been commonly understood by now. If the 1.5-2 TF yields a marginal resolution difference smaller than we've had in a decade between consoles and with better tools to mitigate the gap or a few FPS...are we really going to try and make that seem significant?

I mean maybe something like RT will be a very specific example of the different mattering. That's something I cannot say. But I'm confident that the general difference in raw performance will be pretty minor.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Microsoft could make the same modifications they already have. If they can do it with 2.4x, they can do it with 5.5x too. You are making this out to be more complicated than it has to be.

Sony could make a PS5 Pro, that's all true. We will have to see about their BC issues though, but sure, why not.
You really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

Microsoft cannot do what sony has done with its SSD without having to redesign their APU. They literally have to either make that APU bigger and add the like five components that sony put in their own APU or sacrifice some CU to make space for them. Sony literally put SRAMin their APU just for their SSD.

Why would that have to be? You guys are overthinking this. It's just load times, that's all.
Wish I had read this before I typed that.

Yeah, you are right. Thanks for the insight. Conclude away.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020

16% GPU compute difference is not "close"? Less than 4% CPU difference is not close? Near identical RAM bandwidth and amount is not close?

No, they are not close. That's just hopes, dreams, and wishes and I am NOT TROLLING HERE. Just telling the truth.

It's not my truth, I am not trolling. It is what it is.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018

I looked at account creation date and number of posts. Makes sense.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands

Microsoft cannot do what sony has done with its SSD without having to redesign their APU. They literally have to either make that APU bigger and add the like five components that sony put in their own APU or sacrifice some CU to make space for them. Sony literally put SRAMin their APU just for their SSD.

It's best not to engage in a discussion with him trust me.

TimStone

Banned
Jan 28, 2020

Microsoft already has done with it's SSD what Sony has done. Go check out the Velocity Architecture and there should be a further in depth information coming up soon from Jason Ronald.

Go check it out. All this fantasy like the SSD speed can make up with the issues in the rest of the architecture is just really wrong.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
No, they are not close. That's just hopes, dreams, and wishes and I am NOT TROLLING HERE. Just telling the truth.

It's not hopes dreams or wishes. These consoles are way closer in power to eachother than the current gen ever was. And in the end whatever someone deems close or far is something that's subjective.

I think a 15% gap is really small so that's the truth or something. See how that works?

It's also very amusing to see you make a big fuss of a 15% difference in compute but in the same breath you downplay a 120% difference in SSD speeds.

You are being a bit too transparant dude.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft already has done with it's SSD what Sony has done. Go check out the Velocity Architecture and there should be a further in depth information coming up soon from Jason Ronald.

Go check it out. All this fantasy like the SSD speed can make up with the issues in the rest of the architecture is just really wrong.
No one is saying one feature makes up for another. It's about understanding the different advantages each console has objectively.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
So the PS5 sounds really good based on this video, I skipped around but did he talk about heating/cooling and noise? Also SSD sounds really impressive but I wonder if the size will be a problem. So far my 1 TB PS4 hasn't been bad for me though

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017

Only because it's fresh in my brain... This is the "Flu kills more than covid 19" of console war arguments... Forest for the trees.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
So the PS5 sounds really good based on this video, I skipped around but did he talk about heating/cooling and noise? Also SSD sounds really impressive but I wonder if the size will be a problem. So far my 1 TB PS4 hasn't been bad for me though

Nothing is known yet about Sony's cooling setup but Cerny said that they were aware that the ps4(pro) was less than ideal when it came to noise levels and that there was a big focus to make a cool and silent system.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
There's so much news it's hard to follow everything.

It does seem that it's has the potential to be more efficient. According to Sony, if data compresses well, 5.5GB/s could turn into 20+GB/s, though real world is likely 9GB/s.

And the Series X's is 2.5Gb/s raw.

So if a multiplat game is, understandinly, designed around the Series X's SSD.... what can those devs do with the remaining 2.5GB/s (or 9GB/s+ compressed)

What can that remaining GB/s be used for or help improve? I think some just presume/push that it will only benefit load times.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That's not how things work lol. It's the percentage difference that matters, not the Tflop number between them, as performance scales with resolution.

Whilst the difference between the XSX and PS5 may be a PS4's worth in Tflops, the reality is that 17% difference might lead to very small graphical or resolution differences that are most likely going to be fairly negligible, as there is such a thing as diminishing returns the further up the resolution scale you go. That is if devs choose resolution to take the hit over frame rate, which I'd imagine they would (similar to this gen with the PS4 Pro).

Performance:

The PS4 has 40% more computational power than the Xbox One (1.84 Tflops vs 1.31 Tflops).

The Series X has 17% more computational power than the PS5 (12 Tflops vs 10.28 Tflops)

In other words, the performance delta was far greater this gen than it will be next gen.

Clockspeed:

The benefits of a higher clockspeed that some have discussed were less apparent at the start of this gen than they are with the PS5/XSX.

Storage:

The PS5 has an 825GB SSD at 5.5 GB/s, whilst the XSX has a 1TB SSD at 2.4 GB/s, so the PS5's storage is around 129% faster.

So here the PS5 actually has a clear advantage, unlike with the Xbox One and PS4 that were a wash.

Memory:

The Xbox One has 8GB of DDR3 at 68.26 GB/s and just 32MB of eSRAM at 204 GB/s. The PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5 at 176.0 GB/s. In other words the PS4's 8GB's of ram was 158% faster than the XO's.

The Series X has 16GB of GDDR6, 10GB of which is at 560GB/s and 6GB of which is at 335GB/s, whilst the PS5 also has 16GB of GDDR6 the entirety of which is at 448GB/s. So the PS5's ram is 34% faster than 6GB's of the Series X's, whilst 10GB of the Series X's ram is 25% faster than the PS5's.

In other words, there isn't anywhere near the gulf in memory performance between the PS4/XO as there is with the PS5/XSX.

Ultimately, the performance gulf between the Xbox One and PS4 was much bigger, and unlike with the Xbox One which essentially had no performance advantages over the PS4 (hence people resorted to secret sauces like Cloud, dGPU etc that didn't actually have provable or scientific benefits), the PS5 actually has a couple of real and tangible advantages over the Xbox Series X, or areas where they're near enough matched.
Great post! Only thing I'd say is that for consoles, not all 16 GB is used for graphical rendering: part of it is reserved for the OS, other parts are used for non-graphical rendering like sound, and a large part is used for graphical rendering. For example, MS have stated that they have 13.5GB for developers to use, 10GB of which is the high speed variety. So, we would have 10 GB that is faster on XSX, and 3.5GB that is 34% on PS5 (assuming PS5 also has 13.5GB of RAM available for developers).

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing is known yet about Sony's cooling setup but Cerny said that they were aware that the ps4(pro) was less than ideal when it came to noise levels and that there was a big focus to make a cool and silent system.
Ok thanks for heads up, I hope it actually is quite silent

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, definitely trolling.

Trying to purposely spread misinformation is trolling.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of posts like that.

I would love to read Era without running into shitty opinions or hot takes like that by people who don't know shit.

The threads here have been horrible to read through lately of everyone claiming this or that because apparently these Era members are the subject matter experts on this stuff.

I wish more ppl would just shut up and listen if they don't know what they're talking about, ask reasonable questions, and discuss the things that people who actually know what they're talking about are saying.

I just want to learn about next gen without all the obviously insecure or hurt people salting up the place.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018

The GPU compute difference is 18%. The gap in bandwidth, especially when you look at how Microsoft has configured their setup is 25%.
The only thing that is a wash is CPU.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Is there the potential for game sizes to decrease? As Cerny mentioned devs have to have multiple copies of assets on disc and storage so that it can access them faster. I would assume less of that is needed next gen due to the blistering speeds of their SSD systen. and so game sizes will decrease in size? Maybe not though?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'll just quote my post from earlier.

Performance:

Clockspeed:

Storage:

Memory: