• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
The artstyle is unmatched. props to the art team at SP. absolutely beautiful

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I'm surprised he praised the bokeh, I really hate it. It looks like some tilt-shift effect.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is so freaking gorgeous it's not even funny.

Anyway, I hope I can unlock Sly Cooper once I beat the game.

I4E7pCV.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Great analysis.

Highlights some of the clever techniques Sucker Punch uses to create a game that it is so beautiful that many questions if indeed is a PS4 title.

Also interesting that Sony provided footage to NXGamer but not to Digital Foundry.

nxgamer3rb45.png

Yeah same with TLOU2. I definitely believe that's on Pro I mean we're dealing with ND here but there are people who would say it's next gen.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Great analysis.

Highlights some of the clever techniques Sucker Punch uses to create a game that it is so beautiful that many questions if indeed is a PS4 title.

Also interesting that Sony provided footage to NXGamer but not to Digital Foundry.

nxgamer3rb45.png
We haven't asked. What I mean is, there was nothing to capture at the show. I assume they'll provide nice quality assets otherwise as they usually do.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
We haven't asked. What I mean is, there was nothing to capture at the show. I assume they'll provide nice quality assets otherwise as they usually do.
They're weirdly slow to get them out this year. Usually I can grab the 4K trailers off of Gamersyde right away but they're not available yet

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great second analysis from NX Gamer! :)

So that's why Digital Foundry didn't take a look at any Sony game, because they didn't get any direct feed footage and didn't ask for it? I was already wondering why.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, OK.

Many here we are expecting a technical analysis for the games from Sony conference.
We'll probably do some but I'm glad NX has it's covered on this front. There's a lot to cover for everyone! Ghosts certainly impressed in that big theatre, though. They used that ultra ultra wide display beautifully.

Sony is good about footage like this, I should note, but it was just as busy for the PR team last week as well. Rich may have pinged them but I didn't have time!

With MS, we had raw capture at supreme quality of the conference and lots of hands on demos with capture. It was quite convenient.

Nov 30, 2017
Thank you NX Gamer. That was an incredible breakdown.

It's really quite a complement to SP that some people questioned its authenticity, same as TLOU2. It is running on a PRO so there's that.

I'm so looking forward to this. I know people dont quite out them on ND level but I've always admired their work. The original Infsmous game was my favorite of the series.

They really know how to do this kind of game. Before it was announced Insomniac was doing Spiderman I thought SP had it. Worked out for the best because now we get this.

Oct 27, 2017
We'll probably do some but I'm glad NX has it's covered on this front. There's a lot to cover for everyone! Ghosts certainly impressed in that big theatre, though. They used that ultra ultra wide display beautifully.

Sony is good about footage like this, I should note, but it was just as busy for the PR team last week as well. Rich may have pinged them but I didn't have time!

With MS, we had raw capture at supreme quality of the conference and lots of hands on demos with capture. It was quite convenient.

Thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to the coverage if/when it comes.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
One of the art directors explains the locations and how they went about creating the world here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great analysis.

nxgamer3rb45.png

Agreed.

Also, the footage probably wasn't being readily handed out when DF was doing their analysis, which I believe was during E3 itself, hence being extra busy and potentially lost in translation.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Seriously looks next gen. Even the spiderman e3 demo looked a bit blurry in some places like it had to be downgraded in some of the city wide shots. Ill be impressed if this looks like this on ps4 pro. I hope they do a ps5 patch.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Great analysis, it is 30fps but it looks smooth with excellent motion blur. Sucker Punch is an amazing studio, loved every inFamous.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
I love how the game looks. But it isn't surprising, Infamous is still one of the most beautiful game on PS4.

You haven't asked to get gameplay footage of one of the most graphically impressive games of E3: TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima ?

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
This game is not only one of the prettiest games I've ever seen technically, but the artsyle and how it's presented helps SO much.

It's such a gorgeous game.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I love how the game looks. But it isn't surprising, Infamous is still one of the most beautiful game on PS4.

You haven't asked to get gameplay footage of one of the most graphically impressive games of E3: TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima ?
I was a little busy last week, you could say. Didn't exactly have time for that. I'm sure Richard has it, though.

Voxels

Oct 27, 2017

I thought that was weird too. I was thinking maybe it was because of the online debacle Sony didn't wanna get into.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
It looks gorgeous. I'm just hoping they have Japanese people on the team ensuring it's a fairly authentic experience rather than a bunch of white dudes watching a ton of Kurosawa for research instead.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Nothing about GoT seemed PS5 to me visually. What did bother me though, and I think I mentioned it in the reveal thread, was the complete lack of UI. I'm not sure how that works? Did they (SP) play through and then turn off the UI in some way, when creating the video, or was the entire thing an in-game/engine movie of sorts? I'm leaning towards the former, because you can see some telltale animation state changes between combat and non-combat moments.

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Nothing about GoT seemed PS5 to me visually. What did bother me though, and I think I mentioned it in the reveal thread, was the complete lack of UI. I'm not sure how that works? Did they (SP) play through and then turn off the UI in some way, when creating the video, or was the entire thing an in-game/engine movie of sorts? I'm leaning towards the former, because you can see some telltale animation state changes between combat and non-combat moments.
The game itself already used minimal UI so I imagine them turning it of isn't really a problem considering you can see the enemy movement if you focus while playing so you can parry them. It was also played live on a PS4 Pro.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Do like an NXG analysis video, was hoping this would be next.

What did bother me though, and I think I mentioned it in the reveal thread, was the complete lack of UI. I'm not sure how that works? Did they (SP) play through and then turn off the UI in some way, when creating the video, or was the entire thing an in-game/engine movie of sorts?

Don't you think it's more likely just that they chose to not display it because it'd detract from the presentation? It's not likely some fakey in-engine movie jut because there's not HUD showing, that's an odd conclusion to come to. No doubt plenty of devs choose to smooth out their recorded inputs to best show off their work, but there's no reason to assume some sort of underhand bullshottery here just because a HUD isn't rendered to the screen.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Insanely beautiful looking game. My goondess those trees swaying in the wind looks sooooo good :D

Oct 27, 2017
It looks gorgeous. I'm just hoping they have Japanese people on the team ensuring it's a fairly authentic experience rather than a bunch of white dudes watching a ton of Kurosawa for research instead.
They are working with Sony Japan Studios and went to the Tsushima island itself to get the authenticity so I don't thing we have to worry.