• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any meaningful bug fixes or changes that I would miss in playing the day one version?

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Camera and control improvements. I think they also reduced that bug that keeps showing you the control tutorial even late on the game.

Thanks for the info. I don't know what version I was on when I played it but I don't recall having any massive camera issues. Well, it's worth giving it a try anyway.

Jun 13, 2020
Is there any way to make Sony know? If all they need to do is give an option to uncap the framerate, which should be very easy on their part. This game is even included in the Plus Collection so it's not like they don't care about it.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
With things like VRR and dynamic res becoming the norm, either Sony or MS needs to step up and mandate performance/fidelity modes and locked/unlocked frame rate options.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Is there any way to make Sony know? If all they need to do is give an option to uncap the framerate, which should be very easy on their part. This game is even included in the Plus Collection so it's not like they don't care about it.
I don't know if they can/will do a patch. Ueda doesn't work for them, his company genDESIGN made the game so they'd have to pay them to do it and they're working on a new multiplatform game now.

Feb 23, 2019
How hard is it for these games to be patched to unlock the framerate? I have no idea why Sony isn't doing this for all their biggest first part games

seems like they are running at 60 fps with ease

Jun 13, 2020
I don't know if they can/will do a patch. Ueda doesn't work for them, his company genDESIGN made the game so they'd have to pay them to do it and they're working on a new multiplatform game now.
Can't Japan Studio do it? They were involved with the development of the game and unlocking the frame rate doesn't seem like a change that requires the original team. Also, Sony probably has access to the game's code I would assume, since they own the IP.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Jun 13, 2020
Japan Studio assisted on Bloodborne too and that never even got a Pro patch for a resolution bump so I don't see it happening for this. I suppose we'll see.
That one is also baffling. It's probably 100% capable of running at 60 fps if they just unlock the framerate, and From has actually unlocked Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro which obviously run at 60 on ps5 as a result. It's strange that they didn't do the same with Bloodborne. Maybe there are issues there and it would require more than just unlocking the framerate. In The Last Guardian's case though, we have footage of the game running at 60 fps already, all they need to do is unlock it.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Wow, this is special. My favourite PS4 game. The first PS5 footage that's impressed me personally. Well over double the performance, no? Remember it dropping to low 20's.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, these BC test videos are amazing and show how performance and IQ make a huge difference in my enjoyment of a game, more than flashy effects. Can't wait to finally play this game, i just couldn't do it with its poor performance on the PS4.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Japan Studio assisted on Bloodborne too and that never even got a Pro patch for a resolution bump so I don't see it happening for this. I suppose we'll see.

Japan Studio's assistance on Bloodborne was primarily in producing the game. A significant bulk of the game's development was From.
That is not true with TLG. That is an example of an actual studio collab, where an entire development team within Japan Studio worked on TLG.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
This game is just BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to play it again.

I'm curious if the Tempest Engine can upscale/simulate to 3D Sound, for games that didn't orginally support it... Like how Dolby Atmos does on Phones.

If there is a patch for 60fps.. I do hope there are other enhancements, like 3D sound, DualSense, and other visual effects.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I bought the game digitally on sale a couple years ago and never played it. I feel dumb thinking about buying the disc version now.
I hate not knowing if Sony will care enough to patch it. Knowing Sony, they won't.

Do we know if there had been multiple issues of the disc with updates?

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I bounced off of TLG when it came out due to performance and only had the digital copy but seeing it at 60 convinced me to buy it physical with some amazon credit I had.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Already own digital (I guess it was a free PS Plus title at some point?) but I'm going to order the disc version for sure.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Sold my copy to help bring down the price of the PS5 since it was part of the PS+ Collection anyways. Whoops.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Were there any major bugs fixed from updates or just minor? I played the game on release before the all updates

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Even with the latest patch the camera control is bad but on 1.0 you have half of your right stick that doesn't work so yeah, you have to deal with that.

Btw NXGamer , what do you think of a video with unlocked framerate on Pro and Pro with Boost Mode activated?
It would be interesting since I've seen framerate improvements with boost mode and even moments that are almost full 60fps (around 5:40)

NXGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Even with the latest patch the camera control is bad but on 1.0 you have half of your right stick that doesn't work so yeah, you have to deal with that.

Btw NXGamer , what do you think of a video with unlocked framerate on Pro and Pro with Boost Mode activated?
It would be interesting since I've seen framerate improvements with boost mode and even moments that are almost full 60fps (around 5:40)

I tested that first, comparison here:-