• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope he is okay. It should have never come to this.
People def tried to help him. Even after he got out of the 2 weeks being in the hospital he went straight to reddit and claimed there's nothing wrong with him.

He thinks there's nothing wrong with him so that means no one can help him. I feel very bad for his family and friends that were pushed away and tried so hard to help.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired of coming to these threads and saying the same thing over and over only to see people act dismissive of this shit. This man has been showing symptoms of deteriorating mental health for MONTHS now and people kept calling it fake and trying to dunk on him for personal satisfaction.

I've seen this up close. I've seen friends slowly sabotage every aspect of their lives, I've seen their cries for help and they come in so many different ways. Sometimes I get frustrated. Sometimes they offend me or hurt me. It's hard to be there for people going through shit like this, but as long as they want me at their side there's nothing in this goddamn earth that will ever make me give up on them. ALL it takes are a few words to push them over the edge. Similarly, it might only take a few of the right words to get them to back down, but that never means it was a hoax. It's disheartening to see people proudly display such disregard for these issues, here of all places.

Suicide attempts are never "crying wolf". If you ever say that, if you ever even fucking imply that then you're scum. If you don't care/can't be arsed to try and help someone in that situation/have nothing better to say than that then the least you can do is shut your fucking mouth and not say a word about it. You simply do not have the right to talk about it and that's that. If I sound angry... That's because I am. Angry and heartbroken.

As for Etika, I hope he's alright and I hope he stays far away from the internet for a long time. Both so that he can take care of himself and because I don't want him to have to deal with the hordes of heartless vultures who will try to dunk on him for this just to fuel their self-righteous egos.

i think the staff post is cowardly and burying the moderator stepping down in a locked thread no one has any incentive to go to because this was rebooted is a terrible way to handle this and really gives me little faith in the moderation team

Yes, 100%. The fact that they call it "past hoaxes" and "false alarms" just goes to show how little they understand about this.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Long history of trolling members and staff
i think the staff post is cowardly and burying the moderator stepping down in a locked thread no one has any incentive to go to because this was rebooted is a terrible way to handle this and really gives me little faith in the moderation team

Mods excuse for not actually punishing that guy or the other posts

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Suicide attempts are never "crying wolf". If you ever say that, if you ever even fucking imply that then you're scum. If you don't care/can't be arsed to try and help someone in that situation/have nothing better to say than that then the least you can do is shut your fucking mouth and not say a word about it. You simply do not have the right to talk about it and that's that. If I sound angry... That's because I am. Angry and heartbroken.

I'm angry and heartbroken at someone for the opposite reason. Because they did indeed "cry wolf" and fake suicide threats. Truth of the matter is unless you truly know somebody you aren't one to say if they're lying or not. And even when you think you know them well, like I thought I knew this particular person, it was all a lie anyway. A person isn't scum at all if they don't necessarily believe the person talking about suicide. Every single case and individual is different.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to be honest guys. In every ERA thread I've seen regarding this there are like tons of call out posts but not a single quote for each call out. If we're going to continue this calling out like this with no receipts, it's seemingly baseless and almost comes across as instigating and the thread is probably gonna get locked. I ain't no moderator but just an observation that what got these threads locked in the first place were all these callouts without a name and throwing ERA under some kind of hivemind. I've seen full on support for Etika as the consensus view in these threads so I'm really unsure where all this is coming from.

Oct 25, 2017
Last year, I lost a friend I grew up with in a similar manner. I remember getting a call from their brother, the police finding the car, finding personal items near the bridge and washed up on the shore... all the helplessness and uncertainty as we waited for more news came rushing back. I can only hope this outcome plays out differently, and feel for his close friends and family who are going through so much right now.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Aggressive thread derailment, ignoring staff post. Account in junior phase.
So what exactly do you want to happen, a continued witch hunt or grilling, and an unnecessary continued distraction from the actual news and point of the thread? They did the right thing, and the user in question apologised and is now de-modded.
How about a ban of some description? You know, at bare minimum subject them to the same rules as a regular member. Really, any site should hold their mods to a higher standard. Professor Beef should be perma-banned.
And lol at point 2 in the staff post. Y'all know what you're doing. Can't wait for someone to get banned for calling out that user.
I'm going to be honest guys. In every ERA thread I've seen regarding this there are like tons of call out posts but not a single quote for each call out. If we're going to continue this calling out like this with no receipts, it's seemingly baseless and almost comes across as instigating and the thread is probably gonna get locked. I ain't no moderator but just an observation that what got these threads locked in the first place were all these callouts without a name and throwing ERA under some kind of hivemind. I've seen full on support for Etika as the consensus view in these threads so I'm really unsure where all this is coming from.
Uh, they editted their original post to hide it.
For my own part, I remember seeing the gif, it prompted me to leave the thread and never look back. I was reminded by the other thread this was rebooted from where receipts were provided...

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How about a ban of some description? You know, at bare minimum subject them to the same rules as a regular member. Really, any site should hold their mods to a higher standard. Professor Beef should be perma-banned.
And lol at point 2 in the staff post. Y'all know what you're doing. Can't wait for someone to get banned for calling out that user.

For my own part, I remember seeing the gif, it prompted me to leave the thread and never look back. I was reminded by the other thread this was rebooted from where receipts were provided...

1. What is a perma-ban going to do besides make you/us feel better?

He stepped down. He apologized. It's not like he went on and ignored people's reactions to it.

2. Aren't we pulling away from the purpose of this specific thread by always bringing the discussion to Beef's post?

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was one person. Where are the other receipts on this hivemind of people everyone is disappointed in? That's the issue. This has gone on in several threads before Beef's post was ever posted.

I'm saying like if people are gonna keep doing callouts to nameless people it just seems like instigating and it's no wonder the staff locked the previous threads until more information came up.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

Most members would not be permabanned for such a post, they would get warned or temp-banned - it ussually takes a series of temp bans for severe infractions for someone to get banned or obvious trolling. The point seems to be that people have an opportunity to learn from the mistakes - as the mod in question has appologised and deleted the post as well as stepping down as mod, I'm not sure what the benefit would be of perma banning and continually bringing it up seems to be taking away from the actual subject of the thread.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
The staff post is not being observed and there doesn't appear to be much to discuss in lieu of further developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.