• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Are former Sanders campaign and Our Revolution staffers now part of the establishment too? Because those are the people playing this "card"

Presumably Hillary dispatched her agents to infiltrate the Sanders campaign and sexually harass people and then dispatched other agents to infiltrate the Sanders campaign to be sexually harassed by the first agents and then file complaints about sexual harassment which the first group of agents acknowledged occurred, then leaked the stories to the media to damage Sanders's campaign, but waited until the 2020 primary -- in which she is not running -- to pull the trigger.

It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe just maybe it's not a false report. Dismissing and denying sexual harassment reports ain't a good look
The report ain't false. I'm just addressing this silly narrative that 100% of Sanders voters are White flip flop wearing, shorts in the dead of Winter rocking dudebros.

These fictional Bros wouldn't even be the type to vote for Sanders.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I would be more worried about racist shit he said recently. Still can't believe it wasn't a bigger deal.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You have to give the Clinton camp credit. When they smear their opponents with false narratives, that shit sticks around for years. They started Birtherism against Obama and the BernieBros crap is alive and well lol.

So, are you arguing that the claim(s) the article cites are false?

Because you'd have to be arguing that to say something so ridiculous.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Clintonworld is very adept at planting staffers in rival campaigns who will, years later, accuse other staffers in that campaign (but not the political rival himself!) of sexual harassment, just not so good at winning elections.

Presumably Hillary dispatched her agents to infiltrate the Sanders campaign and sexually harass people and then dispatched other agents to infiltrate the Sanders campaign to be sexually harassed by the first agents and then file complaints about sexual harassment which the first group of agents acknowledged occurred, then leaked the stories to the media to damage Sanders's campaign, but waited until the 2020 primary -- in which she is not running -- to pull the trigger.

It's the only explanation that makes sense.

I swear I wrote the above before I saw this reply lol

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the poster being replied to seemed to agree with a post that said Hillarys Campaign did well with these issues, i was wondering if there was some evidence of this and what there process was.
My assertion there was based on that after two campaigns in 2008/2016, the one harassment related scandal was when she overruled her staff's correct handling and remedy of it. And that if there were more stories, they'd probably have come out in the time after that story broke. Since we haven't seen any, my presumption's been that the staff's correct procedural handling was probably the norm.

One thing that the 2016 Sanders staffers were trying to make clear in their letter and follow-up correspondence is that this stuff is inevitable and Bernie is not to blame for it occurring in the first place. Their concerns lie primarily with ensuring future campaigns are prepared to handle it better than 2016 did. It was not meant to be a public shaming, but a cal to do better.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The report ain't false. I'm just addressing this silly narrative that 100% of Sanders voters are White flip flop wearing, shorts in the dead of Winter rocking dudebros.

These fictional Bros wouldn't even be the type to vote for Sanders.
ok, so nothing anyone is actually talking about then.

Oct 25, 2017
Clintonworld is very adept at planting staffers in rival campaigns who will, years later, accuse other staffers in that campaign (but not the political rival himself!) of sexual harassment, just not so good at winning elections.

I swear I wrote the above before I saw this reply lol
I ate the onion on yours, but considering we're getting semi-serious responses akin to it, I don't feel entirely shamed.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Looking from outside and knowing absolutely anything from US politics, Bernie sounds like the best option to me. Now, dot get me wrong, vetting is extremely important for candidates, but they are facing a guy who brags about all his wrongdoings, and a public that applauds all his words. If you keep digging and throwing mud at each other, Trump is going to win again.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking from outside and knowing absolutely anything from US politics, Bernie sounds like the best option to me. Now, dot get me wrong, vetting is extremely important for candidates, but they are facing a guy who brags about all his wrongdoings, and a public that applauds all his words. If you keep digging and throwing mud at each other, Trump is going to win again.
Reporting on sexual harresment is not digging and throwing mud.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

I note that when you say you know nothing about US politics you're including all the posts in this thread

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Have some perspective.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

as someone from the US, I wish more people thought like you...

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it better that these things get brought to light now instead of later?

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vetting is good, though.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You have to give the Clinton camp credit. When they smear their opponents with false narratives, that shit sticks around for years. They started Birtherism against Obama and the BernieBros crap is alive and well lol.
Are you fucking serious?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-started-birther-movement/

The likeliest point of origin we've been able to find was a post on conservative message board FreeRepublic.com dated 1 March 2008 (which, according to a reportin The Telegraph, was at least a month before Clinton supporters got on the e-mail bandwagon):

I was told today that Obama swore in on a Koran for his Senate seat. I do not believe he did. Can someone clarify this for me? I am under the impression only a Congressman has so far sworn in on a Koran.
Also that Obama's mother gave birth to him overseas and then immediately flew into Hawaii and registered his birth as having taken place in Hawaii.
Again, any clarifications on this? Defintely disqualifies him for Prez. There must be some trace of an airticket. While small babies are not charged air fare they do have a ticket issued for them.
Long time ago but there may be some residual information somewhere. Good ammo (if available and true) BEST USED AFTER he becomes PREZ (if that occurs) and it's too late for Dems – except accept the VP.​

In 2004, a political gadfly named Andy Martin issued a press release calling Barack Obama a "complete fraud" who had "misrepresented his heritage" in his memoir, Dreams From My Father, and "is a Muslim who has concealed his religion." The theme was pushed further in December 2006 by conservative columnist Debbie Schlussel, who published an article entitled "Barack Hussein Obama: Once a Muslim, Always a Muslim," which stated that "Obama has a 'born-again' affinity for the nation of his Muslim father, Kenya." In March 2007, Clinton campaign strategist Mark Penn proposed attacking Obama on the basis of his "lack of American roots." And, in December 2007, a Clinton volunteer county coordinator in Iowa was fired for forwarding an e-mail making the by-then familiar claim that Obama is a Muslim.

Maybe if your attacks were based on facts you'd find less resistance to what you're trying to sell.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like one by one stories are coming out to/that torch Democratic candidates.

This was a bad take when it was a bunch of anti-Beto op-eds and it's still a bad take now. People are doing vetting for politicians that may run for President, people are staffing up their campaigns and talking to more people about what they want, and people are advocating for and against candidates they prefer. This is all extremely normal. It's a presidential primary! This is what normally happens every single time. 2015 was, if anything, unusually boring by comparison because there were so few candidates to write about.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
My assertion there was based on that after two campaigns in 2008/2016, the one harassment related scandal was when she overruled her staff's correct handling and remedy of it. And that if there were more stories, they'd probably have come out in the time after that story broke. Since we haven't seen any, my presumption's been that the staff's correct procedural handling was probably the norm.

One thing that the 2016 Sanders staffers were trying to make clear in their letter and follow-up correspondence is that this stuff is inevitable and Bernie is not to blame for it occurring in the first place. Their concerns lie primarily with ensuring future campaigns are prepared to handle it better than 2016 did. It was not meant to be a public shaming, but a cal to do better.
That makes sense .

I think there is some blame, if Hillary didnt have the same structural issues it might be indicative of policies that can be implemented to deflate these issues like elevating women to more leadership positions. Of course it might not be damning but all candidates should look towards campaigns that did better on these issues.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like one by one stories are coming out to/that torch Democratic candidates.
No one in politics has a spotless record on anything, and when you run for president the shit comes out. The scrutiny of the candidates and who they associate with is part of the process.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
shameless fuckin people in this thread, people that I'm sure consider themselves allies, suggesting disingenuously that reporting on sexual harassment is some trivial bickering that's going to get trump elected again. foh

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

You're right, you don't know what you're talking about. This is hardly a "throwing mud" situation or something someone had to go and dig up.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shameless fuckin people in this thread, people that I'm sure consider themselves allies, suggesting disingenuously that reporting on sexual harassment is some trivial bickering that's going to get trump elected again. foh

the thing that gets me is that it's solely because it's affecting their messaiah. It could not be more transparent even if it were literally see-through.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Reporting on sexual harresment is not digging and throwing mud.
I note that when you say you know nothing about US politics you're including all the posts in this thread
Have some perspective.
as someone from the US, I wish more people thought like you...
Vetting is good, though.

I agree, Sexual harassment is very serious and should never be ignored. That's not want I meant, but yeah I did word my answer poorly. I just meant to say he looks like the best candidate to me, and that things should be explained clearly so it does look like candidates are playing dirty, while the real dirt will be ready to mis construct anything said about his possible opponents in the next election.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, Sexual harassment is very serious and should never be ignored. That's not want I meant, but yeah I did word my answer poorly. I just meant to say he looks like the best candidate to me, and that things should be explained clearly so it does look like candidates are playing dirty, while the real dirt will be ready to mis construct anything said about his possible opponents in the next election.

Sexual harassment is not an afterthought dude. you're treating it like one to say the topic should really be "this candidate is really great you guys".

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Velazquez said he does not recall making the flippant remark to Ms. Di Lauro and that he took her complaint seriously. He said he assigned two women to accompany the surrogate, and he checked in with them to make sure there were no problems.
I'm not sure the best response to getting sexual harassment complaints about a campaign surrogate is to not only keep the guy around but assign more women to chaperone him...

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018

A candidate in which facilitates an environment and workplace in which multiple staffers are sexually harassed and ignored may not be the best candidate.

Deleted member 17810

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie's campaign had massive appeal to white male voters, it's not surprising to me at all that many groups of women, and minorities still don't feel 100% on board with Sanders. It's also not surprising that the campaign operation would reflect some of those dynamics.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I have my opinion on the BernieBro narrative, but not really surprised by anything in this article, tbh. the disorganized nature of his 2016 campaign would have made it more difficult than it should have been to deal with HR issues appropriately. anyway, hopefully he does a better job of staffing and organizing his campaign if he runs again

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
The question of who Bernie's supporters are and whether they are white dudes is legitimately totally irrelevant to this thread and it's weird to me how much people keep bringing that up. Is there an argument you want to have in lieu of discussing Sanders campaign operatives and their concerns about sexual harassment within the campaign?

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Wish these allegations surprised me but they don't. Bernie is a relic from the 60s. He has no idea how to deal with the issues of today.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The question of who Bernie's supporters are and whether they are white dudes is legitimately totally irrelevant to this thread and it's weird to me how much people keep bringing that up. Is there an argument you want to have in lieu of discussing Sanders campaign operatives and their concerns about sexual harassment within the campaign?
It's amazing to me how well Bernie has crafted this outsider, rebel narrative to such a degree that all his supporters can ever talk about is how they're being oppressed by anyone that's not them even in the face of something like this. Bernie definitely knows how to politically manipulate people.

Let's be honest, if Bernie does absolutely nothing about this problem the majority of his supporters would forget it even happened.

Last edited:

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing to me how well Bernie has crafted this outsider, rebel narrative to such a degree that all his supporters can ever talk about is how they're being oppressed by anyone that's not them even in the face of something like this. Bernie definitely knows how to politically manipulate people.

Let's be honest, if Bernie does absolutely nothing about this problem the majority of his supporters would forget it even happened.

At this point I'm wondering how much of it is astroturfing because so much of what's being described, in practice, sounds like reading from a script.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A candidate in which facilitates an environment and workplace in which multiple staffers are sexually harassed and ignored may not be the best candidate.

Lets assume this was something completely outside of his control. Would he still be dead to you? I'm not saying he was (he should definitely address any alleged wrongdoing within his own campaign), I'm just curious where you sit on that.