• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao it is comical at this point

But you know what, America is never, ever, going to have a revolution. The pillaging will continue.

Democrats, republicans, whatever. The wealth inequality keeps getting more and more obscene.

Watch the Democrats not undo the corporate and rich people tax cuts.

Oct 25, 2017

I use this line far too often in real-life. I don't recall if this came out before or after Crash, because it's quite a fitting parody of that too.

"snatch and run, y'all !!"

The difference being the shop owner actually give chase with a shotgun, though.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
On some level I have a huge amount of respect for Republicans, the skill used in creating a base of 50-100 million people who will do whatever you say even when you say "Give me all the money, for no reason" is just amazing.

No idea what you do to solve that core problem of half the voting population seeing stuff like this and asking to be fucked over even harder than they already are.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

But you know what, America is never, ever, going to have a revolution. The pillaging will continue.

Democrats, republicans, whatever. The wealth inequality keeps getting more and more obscene.

There's too much to distract attention and motivational energy from a revolution. 100s of years ago all you could do is wake up to the reality of being screwed over everyday. Now you can turn on youtube or entertainment in media to distract you or brainwash you into thinking you aren't being screwed.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
As long as working class, poor people are stupid enough to vote for these traitors, the rich will keep using their backs to walk all over.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA

The Democrats raised taxes on the rich to pay for the Medicaid expansion, it's why the GOP had such a visceral reaction against it.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
They're giving the DNC so much ammunition but they'll still find a way to screw it up come election time.

Oct 27, 2017
Stop trying to muddy the true enemy guys. It's them damn Blacks, Browns, gays, liberals and immigants that are the damn problem!

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
good idea, America can just print more money

also Trump can do anything as long as he bans abortion and same sex marriage

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
This was expected or should have been. This is about the power that wealth brings. What's scary to me, is someone like Trump who ideology is so much the motivation for every action and reaction is to completely remove the power of the voter. The have nots, get no medicare, government assistance, a country where success is not your definition, but someone else's.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
His base will eat it up because that money will generate new jobs. And make old ones pay better. Money for everyone. Your country is way beyond fucked.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
There's too much to distract attention and motivational energy from a revolution. 100s of years ago all you could do is wake up to the reality of being screwed over everyday. Now you can turn on youtube or entertainment in media to distract you or brainwash you into thinking you aren't being screwed.
Bread and circuses. If only history could have warned us about this.

Sadly facts, history, and learning are extremely boring! Who even reads to be honest? I'll just let Fox News tell me what to think!

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
I have a problem with the tweet. Trump is not actually wealthy, he's like a Ponzi scheme, but he is the investment that doesn't ever return anything, and somehow never actually has anything but ill gotten credit.

Let's start calling him poor, but good at grafting. (or something more catchier than what I can come up with)

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
If someone ever invents a good way for regular people to get the actual factual news and not spun to hell and back bullshit we may have revolutions on our hands across the world. But those with the power now are setting up so that can never happen in future. The term Fake News now a good excuse to clamp down on outside news sources (seen this in Scotland with pro indeoendence blogs having their YouTube accounts banned for copyright abuse when all they did was fair usage of BBC content to, you know, cover the news).

Fuck this dystopian future.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On some level I have a huge amount of respect for Republicans, the skill used in creating a base of 50-100 million people who will do whatever you say even when you say "Give me all the money, for no reason" is just amazing.

No idea what you do to solve that core problem of half the voting population seeing stuff like this and asking to be fucked over even harder than they already are.
There hasn't been much skill involved for at least 54 years. Appealing to a racist pro-White nation is easy mode.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake.

Democrats, if they can ever get control back from these vile evil fucks, better not bother with that reaching over the aisle shit, and go full liberal.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay but that picture is from the Reagan administration, where GHW Bush was VP, and supply side economics is very much associated with Reagan, for good reason. If Bush didn't want to be involved, perhaps he shouldn't have accepted the position.
I know, and power makes people do things they don't necessarily like. It's just one of my little pet peeves.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And I just got finished making a image about Trump too.

I really wish people weren't so damn stupid and wouldn't support this clown. He isn't helping us get out of trouble, he's actually making things worse for us.

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So when fiscally responsible Dems come to power, raise taxes and balance the budget they'll be the party of wasteful spending. Like clockwork

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
So when fiscally responsible Dems come to power, raise taxes and balance the budget they'll be the party of wasteful spending. Like clockwork
Dems come in having to clean up the GOP's mess, raise taxes or rescind tax breaks, re-implement regulations the GOP destroyed, all the while any progressive agenda is on the back bench waiting to be implemented while the Dems fix the fucked up house the GOP left behind for them. A now skiddish Democratic party hope the backlash from voters with memories of gold fish (because fixing what was broken by the GOP is so easy to twist) isn't too severe and they hope they will still have enough power to implement a now severely watered down progressive agenda.

Meanwhile, the GOP sit on the sidelines yelling at anyone dumb else to listen to them how irresponsible the Dems are, how they are raising your taxes, how they are burdening the "job creators" with regulations, and imply how it is the Dems' fault that America isn't "respected on the world stage."

rinse and repeat.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile, the GOP sit on the sidelines yelling at anyone dumb else to listen to them how irresponsible the Dems are, how they are raising your taxes, how they are burdening the "job creators" with regulations, and imply how it is the Dems' fault that America isn't "respected on the world stage."

rinse and repeat.

The Republicans pretty much sent America on a path beyond recovery when they realized that poor education + democracy =people willing to stab themselves in the eye if you give them a scapegoat.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember all the comments close after the election that were parroting trump is too dumb to do real damage. Oh boy :,)

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
As if they have any interest in that. They are paid by the same rich 1 % and they love them. That's the beauty of it, country is fucked either way. And it's going to stay like that.
It will remain like that until you overthrow your entire system of government. You need to vote out every Republican, hold your Democrat representatives faces to the proverbial coals, and, if they refuse to tax the rich more and reverse this income disparity trend, you need to explore all available options.

That's what you need to do. Naturally, you WON'T do that and remain passively complicit to this irreversible trend. I guess the status quo isn't such a bad deal after all, eh?

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sort of. If you have a privately held business, fine. But any publicly traded entity should have some more grounded limits. ESPECIALLY when they've gamed the system so much as to pile relentlessly into corporate welfare deep into the tens of billions annually.

Besides, it would actually give them an incentive to raise standards at their company instead of trying desperately to screw over their employees for every possible dime they can shift to executive pay and bonuses.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/24/opinion/amazon-hq2-incentives-taxes.html

I'm not sure this would work. Stakeholders in the company essentially can vote these bonuses and salaries down. On the flip side, having a competitive advantage over other companies in the form of paying top talent remains important, I think. I'm not sure what kind of message it sends to tell anyone that the sky isn't the limit.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well, if we had a functional and efficient government health Care could be provided to all without a tax increase.
shit takes like this is part of the reason why y'all will never get universal health care

it is impossible for y'all to get universal healthcare without tax increases

it is impossible for y'all to get free higher education without tax increases

it is impossible for y'all to get universal significant paid parental leave without tax increases

y'all's government is shit by international standards because your taxes are really low by international standards

until y'all start accepting that you NEED quite large tax increases nothing will change

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shit takes like this is part of the reason why y'all will never get universal health care

it is impossible for y'all to get universal healthcare without tax increases

it is impossible for y'all to get free higher education without tax increases

it is impossible for y'all to get universal significant paid parental leave without tax increases

y'all's government is shit by international standards because your taxes are really low by international standards

until y'all start accepting that you NEED quite large tax increases nothing will change
Additional revenue does not fix dumpster fire government operations. It is not a lie that the government already, directly spends, as much as other nations do that provide universal health Care.

Take New York for example. We ARE taxed as much as European welfare states, but all be our government services suck. Throwing more money at our public transit/housing systems is as good as lighting it on fire without civil service reform.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Additional revenue does not fix dumpster fire government operations. It is not a lie that the government already, directly spends, as much as other nations do that provide universal health Care.
it does seem that the US government spends about as high percentage of GDP as, say, australia, which does have universal healthcare

so if you would be ok to stop at universal healthcare and do nothing else, it could probably be doable with an enormous shift of priorities

seems like i was slightly mistaken, it is probably possible to get universal healthcare in the US without raising taxes, but you wouldn't have any money left over for other much-needed reforms and you would need massive (unpopular) shifts of resources from the military and farming subsidies
Take New York for example. We ARE taxed as much as European welfare states, but all be our government services suck. Throwing more money at our public transit/housing systems is as good as lighting it on fire without civil service reform.
citation needed

this looks grossly inaccurate from what i can find about the new york tax system

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
His base will eat it up because that money will generate new jobs. And make old ones pay better. Money for everyone. Your country is way beyond fucked.

No it won't...
That's not how economies work.
If it did, then it wouldn't be a bad thing.

This is just a handout to rich gop donors so that they save his ass from impeachment.