• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, can anyone recommend an electronics repair shop in Manhattan, preferably that specializes in video games? There's a problem with the screen on my non-XL New 3DS (a console that only exists in very limited quantities). Something on the Upper East Side would be great.

lampeater

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, can anyone recommend an electronics repair shop in Manhattan, preferably that specializes in video games? There's a problem with the screen on my non-XL New 3DS (a console that only exists in very limited quantities). Something on the Upper East Side would be great.
Can't think of an UES shop, but the first one that came to mind is VGNY:

Repair & Service

They're pretty responsive to direct email contact or you can call them.
Caveat that I haven't used them for repairs though.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I went out today and left all my windows open. Feels like I had a campfire in my apartment lol.

Was kinda wild walking around manhattan around 7pm and it felt like a scene out of I am legend with the weird dark haze.

Wing84

Nov 21, 2022
The Canadian fire smog we're dealing with these days is a chemical agent used to give New Yorkers a Canadian accent. You heard it here first.

That was a joke btw.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
so unfortunately my boyfriend's mom decided to book a circle line trip on july 4 during the day. I've been tasked to find a italian place for dinner afterwards. Anyone have any recommendations that I can book in advance? I'm already dreading the bill going back home in Jersey afterwards

Wing84

Nov 21, 2022
so unfortunately my boyfriend's mom decided to book a circle line trip on july 4 during the day. I've been tasked to find a italian place for dinner afterwards. Anyone have any recommendations that I can book in advance? I'm already dreading the bill going back home in Jersey afterwards
Avoid Manhattan at all costs. You'll be fucked over with the price, waiting and subpar food due to the rush. I suggest Ammazzacaffè in Brooklyn.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
All the places in the city I'd really recommend are probably booked at this point. There's a decent neighborhood joint called Tavola in Hell's Kitchen you can try. Worse comes to worst, you could probably get a table at Carmine's.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My wife and I recently tried La Grand Boucherie. It was definitely one of the better meals either of us had.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Casually watching the news while I get over the Mets game being rained out and I see New Jersey is suing to stop the Manhattan congestion pricing. I have not followed this closely after it was announced but it's something I've wanted because it's a ducking nightmare in the city in general. As much as it may piss folks off I think we do need it. I wasn't aware NJ could sue NY to try and stop this so I'm wondering if someone knows better, can they actually stop it?

Wing84

Nov 21, 2022
Well, Summer is gone, and Fall is kinda here. How was everyone's summer? See or do anything interesting?

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York

View: https://twitter.com/PIX11News/status/1725237362530107846

Again. Kathryn Garcia. Maya Wiley. Even Scott fucking Stringer would've been a better choice at this point. Not Andrew Yang though.

Does his contention that this is all to do with the migrant crisis pass mustard? What might the others have done differently in the face of it? Or is there more to it than just that crisis? (Honest question, not posing this as a point of argument or anything).

Adams blamed the billions of dollars spent on the migrant crisis and the expiring federal aid. Every city agency will see a 5% cut, including freezing police recruitment.
pix11.com

Mayor Adams expected to announce ‘extremely painful’ budget cuts

NEW YORK (PIX11) – Mayor Eric Adams will be revealing a full list of proposed cuts to city funding Thursday, saying it will be “an extremely painful budget cut.” Adams blamed the billio…

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ugh, lost my apt in a fire. I'm ok, stuff is ok mostly, thankfully. But wtf the rental market has gone crazy apparently I was way under paying for what I had, wasnt looking to move any time soon at all. So not just the stress of going through this but now on the road to a major downgrade no matter what.

Anyone know of reasonably priced 2 bedroom apts anywhere?

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Ugh, lost my apt in a fire. I'm ok, stuff is ok mostly, thankfully. But wtf the rental market has gone crazy apparently I was way under paying for what I had, wasnt looking to move any time soon at all. So not just the stress of going through this but now on the road to a major downgrade no matter what.

Sorry to hear. Where were you located? Where are you willing to live, and what's reasonable?

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sorry to hear. Where were you located? Where are you willing to live, and what's reasonable?
Thanks, it's been stressful. I was in Astoria but as much as I love that place I'm open to quite a bit, just need close subway access. Maybe reasonable is the wrong word and I mean 'cheap' after looking more at the rental market. The top of our budget realistically is 2600 and that seems to be right around the cheapest a 2br is in most areas (and i dont want to share info online but man even at that, that's a shockingly large increase for us to be pushed into overnight, didnt even realize what a good deal we had). Tho we're also looking possibly at just a 1br with some sort of either additional room (like walk in closet or something) to set up an office as we tend to work from home.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York

Wow. Been living in my rent-stabilized place for 24 years and definitely enjoying a lower rent. I paid a hefty upfront + broker's fee in 2001 and so I've made the most of that, but the idea of looking for a new place is in this market in NYC right now is so...ugh. Don't envy those who have to.

And there are people in my building who have been here since the 1970s who I know pay sub-$800 rents (for 1BRs in Chelsea, Manhattan, close to a lot of amenities / subways). It's incredible.

Sorry you have to go through this, and so unexpectedly.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks, it's been stressful. I was in Astoria but as much as I love that place I'm open to quite a bit, just need close subway access. Maybe reasonable is the wrong word and I mean 'cheap' after looking more at the rental market. The top of our budget realistically is 2600 and that seems to be right around the cheapest a 2br is in most areas (and i dont want to share info online but man even at that, that's a shockingly large increase for us to be pushed into overnight, didnt even realize what a good deal we had). Tho we're also looking possibly at just a 1br with some sort of either additional room (like walk in closet or something) to set up an office as we tend to work from home.
Thanks. Ok if $2600 for 2 bd is a shockingly large increase then indeed you had a great deal. Even in 2016 I lived in a Fort Greene studio and paid 2K. My current hood in BK seems to have 2BDs around 2600, so look at streeteasy, Kensington rentals.