• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

NYC Thread | The Greatest City on Earth

Oct 27, 2017
Hi NYC friends. I have a question about tolls. We went through a couple toll routes about a month ago by accident and haven't received any bills in the mail. How do we find our unpaid tolls? I don't want to wait and find out we owe tons of interest. Please advise!

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

The Mad Titan
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hi NYC friends. I have a question about tolls. We went through a couple toll routes about a month ago by accident and haven't received any bills in the mail. How do we find our unpaid tolls? I don't want to wait and find out we owe tons of interest. Please advise!
You got an ezpass?

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

The Mad Titan
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
No unfortunately. This was when we first moved here and were newbies to the area.
OK, so I don't really drive across bridges much, but how'd you get through? Shouldn't there have been a thing blocking you until you paid?

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so I don't really drive across bridges much, but how'd you get through? Shouldn't there have been a thing blocking you until you paid?
No we drove through and it took a photo of our license plate and there was a sign saying we'd be billed by mail unless we had ezpass. Perhaps the bill went to our old address, but we haven't heard from our previous landlord that she received mail for us.

Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations, you are now a wanted criminal.

Oct 25, 2017
So that former Nathan's in Dyker Heights might become a school, which I honestly think is a terrible idea, given that is so close to the highway. Last thing we need over there is more traffic.

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently someone jumped in front of an R train at 59th street this morning :\

Basically fucked anyone trying to get into the city along from Brooklyn because the N/R line shutdown. I got stuck on an N train just prior to 36th street and the operators were basically saying they were going to try to run the train in reverse to Coney Island then switc. h to the D. My partner and I just split a Lyft into the city

Nov 4, 2018
Brooklyn
Person jumps in front of a train...

Anywhere else in the world:
"Oh my god that's horrible. Thoughts and prayers."

NYC:
"Thanks for delaying everyone's commute, asshole."

Not critiquing. I'm in the NYC camp.

Oct 25, 2017

NYC:

I missed a train at Fulton by twenty seconds and the very next train a guy jumps through the cars into the tunnels, paralyzing the entire station until the police can fish him out. I ended up walking back home across the Brooklyn Bridge. One random jerk can ruin the better part of a hundred thousand people or more's evenings so easily.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was traveling back home and well, my trains were packed. I hate the 4,5,6 trains. D train hasn't been bad taking it from Rockefeller. I was at a client today so I took it near broadway lafayette and that's wehre it was super busy.

Oct 25, 2017

NYC:

If I'm not mistaken Japanese people don't even care and most likely shame the person that did it.