• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Saw a homeless guy pinch off a loaf on the 34th street platform today during rush hour.

giphy.gif

Amirnol

Oct 27, 2017
Hi NYC friends. I have a question about tolls. We went through a couple toll routes about a month ago by accident and haven't received any bills in the mail. How do we find our unpaid tolls? I don't want to wait and find out we owe tons of interest. Please advise!

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Hi NYC friends. I have a question about tolls. We went through a couple toll routes about a month ago by accident and haven't received any bills in the mail. How do we find our unpaid tolls? I don't want to wait and find out we owe tons of interest. Please advise!
You got an ezpass?

Amirnol

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so I don't really drive across bridges much, but how'd you get through? Shouldn't there have been a thing blocking you until you paid?
No we drove through and it took a photo of our license plate and there was a sign saying we'd be billed by mail unless we had ezpass. Perhaps the bill went to our old address, but we haven't heard from our previous landlord that she received mail for us.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't think you can proactively look for violations. You just have to wait for it to be mailed to you, which I think takes a month anyway.

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
You should be hearing from them soon

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

Congratulations, you are now a wanted criminal.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
So that former Nathan's in Dyker Heights might become a school, which I honestly think is a terrible idea, given that is so close to the highway. Last thing we need over there is more traffic.

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently someone jumped in front of an R train at 59th street this morning :\

Basically fucked anyone trying to get into the city along from Brooklyn because the N/R line shutdown. I got stuck on an N train just prior to 36th street and the operators were basically saying they were going to try to run the train in reverse to Coney Island then switc. h to the D. My partner and I just split a Lyft into the city

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Person jumps in front of a train...

Anywhere else in the world:
"Oh my god that's horrible. Thoughts and prayers."

NYC:
"Thanks for delaying everyone's commute, asshole."

Not critiquing. I'm in the NYC camp.

Oct 25, 2017
Person jumps in front of a train...

Anywhere else in the world:
"Oh my god that's horrible. Thoughts and prayers."

NYC:
"Thanks for delaying everyone's commute, asshole."

Not critiquing. I'm in the NYC camp.

I missed a train at Fulton by twenty seconds and the very next train a guy jumps through the cars into the tunnels, paralyzing the entire station until the police can fish him out. I ended up walking back home across the Brooklyn Bridge. One random jerk can ruin the better part of a hundred thousand people or more's evenings so easily.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was traveling back home and well, my trains were packed. I hate the 4,5,6 trains. D train hasn't been bad taking it from Rockefeller. I was at a client today so I took it near broadway lafayette and that's wehre it was super busy.

Tight Shoe

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Hi I'm new to NYC. My interests include fortnite, family Guy, and getting lit. Do you guys have a discord server?

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
looks like i might be moving to NYC. I hope 2 weeks is enough to find an apt close to subway/supermarket/job. My office might be near Union square.

Any advice would be welcome :)

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
looks like i might be moving to NYC. I hope 2 weeks is enough to find an apt close to subway/supermarket/job. My office might be near Union square.

Any advice would be welcome :)
Streeteasy is a really easy to use website. Craigslist works if you're looking for a shared apartment/roommate(s). 2 weeks should be plenty of time though I don't have any experience personally with living in the Union Square area

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Streeteasy is a really easy to use website. Craigslist works if you're looking for a shared apartment/roommate(s). 2 weeks should be plenty of time though I don't have any experience personally with living in the Union Square area

It doesn't have to be near union square, as long as there is only one train to catch to get to the office.

I will be living with my GF so I need a 1 Bedroom/1bathroom apt minimum.

I'm more concerned about being near a metro station, good supermarket, gym and good asian food.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It doesn't have to be near union square, as long as there is only one train to catch to get to the office.

I will be living with my GF so I need a 1 Bedroom/1bathroom apt minimum.

I'm more concerned about being near a metro station, good supermarket, gym and good asian food.
By one train, you mean no transfers? and are you looking to live in Manhattan? Take a look at the subway map: http://web.mta.info/maps/submap.html. If your office is right in union square, you should probably look for places off of either the green, yellow, or L line (all depending on how much you are willing to walk to the subway). Avoid the far east/west sides because the transit options drop off, though you can find much nicer apartments for cheaper as a trade off if that's worth it to you. I usually get my groceries from Trader Joe's, there are a few throughout Manhattan, my bf does grocery delivery through amazon prime if you have it (from whole foods). Good food is sprinkled all over the city IMO, good asian food specifically I'm not as sure on, but I would think you could try up in the low-30s (east side) for k-town or down closer to chinatown. Someone else is guaranteed to come along and blast this probably for not suggesting brooklyn or flushing or something but I'm not that familiar with those areas.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Hi New York!

I'm visiting you guys in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if you have any food suggestions. We're probably going to some well know places like Planet Hollywood but there's gotta be more right? Also, where do you guys buy your cheap videogames? Are there any good (retro) gaming stores I should visit?

Oct 25, 2017
Hi New York!

I'm visiting you guys in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if you have any food suggestions. We're probably going to some well know places like Planet Hollywood but there's gotta be more right? Also, where do you guys buy your cheap videogames? Are there any good (retro) gaming stores I should visit?
Are you just staying in Midtown Manhattan or going other places?