• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

Bba4YYt.jpg

Congrats on escaping Ohio. How did you manage to do it? I know someone that's also looking for a way to escape Ohio.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Bba4YYt.jpg

Congrats on escaping Ohio. How did you manage to do it? I know someone that's also looking for a way to escape Ohio.

I've moved around a bit (LA, Philadelphia) and was just hanging around here with my family before the move!

And, you know, luck is when preparedness meets opportunity and I got really lucky with a career opportunity. Best of luck to your friend on their escape, tell them to watch Prison Break for inspiration (but only the first 2 seasons, obviously).

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I've moved around a bit (LA, Philadelphia) and was just hanging around here with my family before the move!

And, you know, luck is when preparedness meets opportunity and I got really lucky with a career opportunity. Best of luck to your friend on their escape, tell them to watch Prison Break for inspiration (but only the first 2 seasons, obviously).
Funny enough, one of my friends who I volunteer and do bar trivia with is moving (you read that right) to Ohio next month haha. She's originally from San Jose, CA but moved to Jersey then to various places in Brooklyn (did some traveling abroad like 10 months in the UK). But she's leaving us to be closer to family in Ohio.

Another friend I used to be close with in high school/late teens moved to Ohio about two months ago. I believe he lives near Youngstown and works in an Amazon warehouse. Plus he has two kids. Good luck here in any case. I liked Philly in the little that I was there last year.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, one of my friends who I volunteer and do bar trivia with is moving (you read that right) to Ohio next month haha. She's originally from San Jose, CA but moved to Jersey then to various places in Brooklyn (did some traveling abroad like 10 months in the UK). But she's leaving us to be closer to family in Ohio.

Another friend I used to be close with in high school/late teens moved to Ohio about two months ago. I believe he lives near Youngstown and works in an Amazon warehouse. Plus he has two kids. Good luck here in any case. I liked Philly in the little that I was there last year.
Bruh

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The way you guys all talk about the discord is making me wonder if it even exists and isn't just some in joke lmao

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either the network/printer/crm client at my firm goes down at least twice a week. Can't speak for the other people on that place.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Either the network/printer/crm client at my firm goes down at least twice a week. Can't speak for the other people on that place.

My post isn't a knock at anybody. It's just making me rethink my career. I'm very busy because my skills are needed, but sometimes it's just too much. Then I worry about switching jobs and ending up in a shitty company, cause my current coworkers are some of the most fun people I've worked with.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My post isn't a knock at anybody. It's just making me rethink my career. I'm very busy because my skills are needed, but sometimes it's just too much. Then I worry about switching jobs and ending up in a shitty company, cause my current coworkers are some of the most fun people I've worked with.
It was an a salt and battery on greenwich ave on the nature and value of my character or the character i play due to my crushing insecurity

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I missed the worse of the rain. I was on the bus when it really started to pour. Rain became pretty light when I got off the bus.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm visiting NYC for the first time tomorrow! I'll be staying until Thursday.

Anything I should definitely do? Food is at the top of my list.

I'll definitely be grabbing a slice or two, and I really want to try chopped cheese since I make my own at home and want to try the real thing. I looked up Hajji's Deli which is supposed to be the place to go but I notice it's well into East Harlem. Would it be unsafe to head into there?

Besides that, I want to check out the spy museum and the Nintendo Store. Girlfriend wants to check out the Highline. We'll probably go to the 9/11 memorial as well.

Appreciate any input or recommendations.

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
East Harlem should be safe enough; just keep your wits about you (like anywhere else) and don't head into any lonely alleys. Stay in public areas in general. Though if you're going all the way there, you should go for more than just chopped cheese :)

Toy Tokyo is a place you may enjoy.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
East Harlem should be safe enough; just keep your wits about you (like anywhere else) and don't head into any lonely alleys. Stay in public areas in general. Though if you're going all the way there, you should go for more than just chopped cheese :)

Toy Tokyo is a place you may enjoy.

Oh yeah that looks cool. Maybe I'll just walk around and see what's around.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
How hard would it be to get a table at Lucali's? Would I have to line up a few hours before opening. Really want to try it, but I'm unsure how much time I would need.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
How hard would it be to get a table at Lucali's? Would I have to line up a few hours before opening. Really want to try it, but I'm unsure how much time I would need.
It's the summer. There's no way of avoiding the line.

Since you're visiting, unless you really have nothing to do, I'd just try and hit up any of the other pizza spots.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone done SPYSCAPE? I guess it might be a bit touristy but I'm a sucker for spy related things.