• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
f4t8Ws7.png

It's October. The leaves are turning, Walking Dead is about to premiere, and New York Comic Con is here!
czmYzbD.png

• Artist Alley and the Autograph area swap places
    The "Artist Alley in 1E" experiment last year was a hot mess. Literally. This year AA will be housed where the Autograph area was usually located and vice versa.
  • Anime Fest
    Anime Expo and ReedPop brings you a entirely different event, with separate tickets, in a separate area! Badges are still available.
  • The Studio @ NYCC
    An evolution of what they started doing at Hudson Mercantile, The Studio features separately ticketed events off-site at Shop Studios.
  • NYCC Now
    This seems like NYCC Presents, but year round… but doesn't entirely replace NYCC Presents? I don't know. If you download the app, go to enough events, and share enough pics, you can win a pair of 4-day badges for NYCC 2019.
  • Cosplay Central
    Located in the River Pavilion, this is a new area geared for cosplayers, including panels, demos, and changing areas.
  • Pre-Show Lotteries
    Don't forget to enter the lottery system for autographs, exclusives, panels and screenings. Lottery entry ends Monday, 9/24, at 5pm EST. Winners will be notified via email by Friday, 9/28. If you don't win a seat for a panel, you can still try lining up for it in the morning inside the Queue Hall.

F3W2TWz.png

Maps: Javits Overview | Show Floor | Artist Alley | Area Map | Anime Fest

Exhibitors: Exhibitor List (including Artist Alley) | Exclusives | Deals

Notable Exclusives:
Panels: View All | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday
The Main Hall is still being cleared out after every panel, but you can reserve a seat by either entering the lottery or by lining up each day for badge tapping. Details here.
Other Venues:
The Studio @ NYCC | Map
* Panels here are separately ticketed events. A NYCC badge is not required.
Hudson Mercantile | Map
The Hammerstein Ballroom | Map
Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden | Map

The Beat usually compiles all the panels into one long list. I'll link it here if they put it up.

Variety has posted a list of all the television panels and screenings.

Event Highlights:
Off-site Event Highlights:
After Parties:
  • New York Comic Con Pub Crawl: Friday, 10/5, 5pm, House of Brews
  • Comic Con Happy Hour Celebration: Friday, 10/5, 6:30pm, Society of Illustrators
    The Society of Illustrators is hosting a party on Friday, 10/5. They have some pretty good shows up, including art from The Avengers, EC Comics, and MAD.
  • NYCC Heroes After Dark: Friday, 10/5, 8pm, Stage 48
  • CBLDF New York Comic Con Party: Saturday, 10/6, 8pm, Mary O's
  • Good Omens party: Saturday, 10/6, 9pm, Lightbox
  • Sonicboombox after parties: There's one each night from Thursday to Saturday.
    Details and tickets here.
Artist Alley: Artist Alley List | Artist Gallery

Having difficulty thinking of subject for a commission or sketch from an artist? Maybe do a search on Comic Art Fans to get an idea. It helped me while I was signing up for pre-show commissions.

Autographs and Photo Ops: View All | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday | Photo Ops

oHA1Zf6.png

We've all been crunched for time and had to get something quick at the Javits. Preferably, you'd find some alternatives…

Food Trucks: They'll be around and the quality is usually better than what's inside, BUT they do have to negotiate their pricing with the Javits so it might be pricier than you're accustomed to.

The NYCC site has a listing of nearby restaurants, but here's a list of personal favorites:

Old Country Coffee: Good sandwiches and a nice alternative to the Starbucks in the Javits.
Gotham West Market: A lot of different venues. Good food.
Daisy May's BBQ: A bit of a trek but it's good BBQ... just don't get the brisket.
Skylight Diner: Decent diner.
Pio Pio: Good Peruvian food.
Food Depot Gourmet Deli/Food Fair Deli & Pizza: Places you can stock up on snacks/water. Maybe get a breakfast sandwich to go.

AddXE36.png

New to the con? Don't worry, I've developed the M.I.C.H.O.N.N.E. system to help you get through it.

M – Money. Bring cash. Some folks are still cash only and you'll save time from lining up at an ATM.
I – Implement a plan. Figure out what you want to do beforehand. Consider fallback plans if a panel or line fills up.
C – Cleanse. Do everyone a kindness. Shower and use deodorant.
H – Haul your schwag. Bring a backpack, tubes, whatever you need to lug your purchases safely around.
O – Observe @NYCCLines. It'll update with line statuses throughout the day.
N – Nap. Okay, don't actually nap, but take a rest every now and then.
N – Nourishment. Bring some snacks along.
E – Energon. Outlets and charging stations will be mobbed. Pack a spare battery or charger.

lkIMh0N.png

A few NYC-Era folks are going to meet up before the con at Barcade Chelsea for the Brooklyn Defender Pint Night event on 9/26. Event starts at 6pm.

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome - thanks for the thread! I'll be there Thursday for most of the day for work - looking forward to hanging out and checking the floor. Been a few years since I was last at NYCC.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last time at Comic Con I was given a flyer to this place called Action Burger. Is it any good?
I'm glad you asked!

Action Burger is America's only comic book, science fiction & video game theme restaurant. Seasoned burgers, beer, liquor milkshake drinks, Anime, super smash bros tournaments, Halo lan parties, comic books, 250+ old school arcade video games, 100s of Nintendo games (including duck hunt), science fiction/comic movies, action figures, toys, meetup groups and the best burgers in NYC.

At Action Burger you can choose to eat like a hero or Villain. Hero food is healthier: Veggie burgers, grilled chicken, wraps and salads. Villain food is: Burgers, bacon, hot-dogs and fried foods.

In addition, the restaurant boasts its own sci-fi novel, Bio-Sapien. Encouraging kids & adults to read more and for them to learn more science is one of Action Burger's priorities. Free ebook copy of a BIO-Sapien Novel will be available to all customers. Those who read the books can then take trivia for free food items.

Helpful links:

I dare you to find another restaurant that serves a 32 oz rum and coke and lets you play Mario Party on the Gamecube for free.

Head on down to Action Burger today!
ngEyNTi.png

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
How is putting all the celebrities autographs in the hot germ filled sauna that was artist alley gonna be good for them lol. Maybe the less foot traffic will keep it from getting so gross?

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait got my Friday badge ( didn't get Saturday because my girlfriend and I almost forgot they were on sale :( lol ) and my cosplay ready.

OP
OP
fallengorn

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
To be perfectly honest, it bummed me out that Action Burger didn't have a booth last year.

How is putting all the celebrities autographs in the hot germ filled sauna that was artist alley gonna be good for them lol. Maybe the less foot traffic will keep it from getting so gross?
That's what I figure they're banking on.

Jo-awn can talk to Autograph foot traffic more than I can, but I don't think they need that much space for it. They just need to be creative about line management.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I think CC sent me an extra ticket by mistake.
That's good! You can sell it, give it to your mom, your cat, your girlfriend's dog, or hell even your cousin's grandma!

To be perfectly honest, it bummed me out that Action Burger didn't have a booth last year.

That's what I figure they're banking on.

Jo-awn can talk to Autograph foot traffic more than I can, but I don't think they need that much space for it. They just need to be creative about line management.

It'll be my pleasure! I honestly didn't know that Autographing is in 1-E until I read the OP. I'm dreading how bad it'll get but I don't think it'll ever reach the train wreck that was NYCC 2013 Autographing and Froggy's Photos. I just wonder where they're going to put Photo Ops and hope that it doesn't cross up with The Pit's lines (NYCC Staff/Crew's endearing name for Autographing). I'm already imagining Kanik and his brother showing up on Thursday to survey their chances of getting autographs from the three wrestlers that are going to be there on Thursday.

Certainly, I do think that some creative line management will come to into play as we figure out which talent has the biggest draws each day. I haven't even checked the schedule to see what other talent is going to be there because I honestly don't care about celebs. But that lets me do my job that much more efficiently. It's why for dumb reason, I continue to make it my first choice to work at for 5 years now haha. Then again, I also like to say that the Staff working that area is something of a family. But yeah, the Autographing area has been quite smooth for the last 5 years so. Sure, mistakes do happen every year because we're human. But one of the most fun things about working at conventions --besides the perks-- is that it's challenging to solve problems as they come up and satisfying when things flow smoothly. It will be interesting to see where tables are laid out in this smaller area.

That said, hello newcomers and veteran NYCC attendees. I've been going to/working at NYCC as Crew since 2011 (it didn't exist to me before then) and seen a ton of stuff in my 7 years of behind the scenes work. This will be my 8th straight year working the show and I'm pretty sure I'm an Area Manager of the Autographing area so AMA.

Some words of wisdom that I'll offer that's not mentioned in the OP:

-Invest in a bottle of Vitamin C pills or a box of Airborne. Take one or two for every day that you're going to the con, wash your hands, fist bump people if you don't like shaking hands and you'll be fine. Trust me, you'll thank me when you don't wake up with the con flu a few days after the con is over.
-If you have Chase as your bank, the Javits Center conveniently has an ATM by the Crystal Palace entrance. There's also an ATM in 1-D near the bathrooms/food court.
- IIRC, *I think* there was a quiet room last year for folks who find the show overwhelming to chill in. I'm not sure if it's returning but I would advise making use of it. Also, there's one of two places that autographs happen; on the show floor and in the Autographing area. Often, I've gotten fans who waltz into the Autographing area confused, thinking that someone is signing there when it's upstairs. If they're not on the Autographing signs, check the NYCC app. Don't rely on the book as the book is printed weeks before the show begins whereas the app updates in real time.
-Kmart sells snacks for decent prices and is a good alternative to the Gourmet Food Court. I usually like to get a big bag of trail mix from there to pack into my bag.
-If you're buying exclusives, plan out what you're going to buy ahead of time. It saves a ton of time in the long haul. You don't want to get on a line as soon as the show floor opens on a whim without knowing what it's about.
-If you're on a line that's more than hour, make friends with other people ahead and behind you. You guys are all in it together and are just as excited for whatever artist, panel, or celeb you're waiting to meet. It's okay to geek out. Who knows? You might make a long-lasting friend out of it, an activity partner, or meet your future girlfriend/boyfriend.
-The back of every badge as a mini-map of all the floors and off-site venues printed on it. Most people don't realize this but it comes in handy in a pinch.
-Info booths make good meet up points in areas where there's 0 cell phone reception.
-Make sure you thank NYCC Staff/Crew. They're there to make sure you have a good time and are just as excited to be there as you are. If you want to leave immediate feedback for them, make sure to go to ReedPOP Staff panel that's always on Sunday.
-If you're carrying too much stuff or pricey things and want to do other things, it's worth paying to leave it at bag check. Just be advised that it closes at 7pm every day IIRC. Plus Javits staff that works the tables store any unclaimed items in a closet room until it's claimed or transferred to facilities once the show is over.
-Always carry a bottle to store water, Gatorade, and what have you. It's vital to stay hydrated in such a massive con as this one. I wouldn't recommend being buzzed on a Saturday or else you're going to have quite the experience getting around.
-If you're walking on the show floor, make sure you look down or else you might drop something i.e. money and custodians will either throw it out or pocket it.

BTW, fallengorn it seems that the lottery link has a 404 Error when I clicked on it. I wonder if ReedPOP knows.

I'll probably be at the Brooklyn Defender Pint Night next Wednesday. It was fun crashing a reserved table's party last year. I forgot the name of the company on the table. I take it 5PMish is good?

Last edited:
OP
OP
fallengorn

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
BTW, fallengorn it seems that the lottery link has a 404 Error when I clicked on it. I wonder if ReedPOP knows.

I'll probably be at the Brooklyn Defender Pint Night next Wednesday. It was fun crashing a reserved table's party last year. I forgot the name of the company on the table. I take it 5PMish is good?

Thanks. Fixed the link.

The thing at Barcade starts at 6pm, so I'm guessing that'll be when most people start to show up.

Is there anything we need to pre-register for this year? Like the LEGO Line or other things?
Yep!

Main Stage panels, autographs, exclusives:
https://lotteries.newyorkcomiccon.com/

And any other lotteries will be found here:
http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Explore/Events/Exclusive-Screening-Lotteries/

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm glad you asked!

Action Burger is America's only comic book, science fiction & video game theme restaurant. Seasoned burgers, beer, liquor milkshake drinks, Anime, super smash bros tournaments, Halo lan parties, comic books, 250+ old school arcade video games, 100s of Nintendo games (including duck hunt), science fiction/comic movies, action figures, toys, meetup groups and the best burgers in NYC.

At Action Burger you can choose to eat like a hero or Villain. Hero food is healthier: Veggie burgers, grilled chicken, wraps and salads. Villain food is: Burgers, bacon, hot-dogs and fried foods.

In addition, the restaurant boasts its own sci-fi novel, Bio-Sapien. Encouraging kids & adults to read more and for them to learn more science is one of Action Burger's priorities. Free ebook copy of a BIO-Sapien Novel will be available to all customers. Those who read the books can then take trivia for free food items.

Helpful links:

I dare you to find another restaurant that serves a 32 oz rum and coke and lets you play Mario Party on the Gamecube for free.

Head on down to Action Burger today!
ngEyNTi.png

I see
Do you have any special events during NYCC weekend?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know where I could find a list of Comic Con exclusives (besides Funko)?

OP
OP
fallengorn

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Anyone know where I could find a list of Comic Con exclusives (besides Funko)?
Aside from what NYCC posted on their site, no one has really posted their exclusives. Only one's I've seen are...
Mezco One:12 Doctor Strange: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/dr-strange-first-appearance-edition
Kotobukiya: https://www.kotous.com/retailstore/new-york-comic-con-2018.html

I'm expecting everyone's dumping their previews this week. It's not like there's a lot of time left before the con.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone ever exhibited at NYCC? What's the difference between an exhibitor booth vs artist alley? Just the size of the space?

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're going to the Barcade in Chelsea for the return of Oath. An all boy band of only drummers.

qNPsLuT.jpg

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Has anyone ever exhibited at NYCC? What's the difference between an exhibitor booth vs artist alley? Just the size of the space?
Artist Alley is way more competitive to get into versus say having an artist table on the show floor where more indie comic book artists and all kinds of other stuff are found. However, I heard that there are loopholes for getting a table at Artist Alley i.e. artists have to be published in a major comic book company i.e. Image Comics, Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, etc. It also helps knowing a few people that work at ReedPOP to increase one's chances.

But I've seen artists that have never done work for a major publisher that return constantly (I could be wrong). Exhibiting in Artist Alley is a big deal for comic book creators and rising writers/artists looking to make new connections. The show floor gets more way more activity than Artist Alley but a small table/booth will have a hard time getting discovered and need to hand out swag or do some arbitrary thing to get people to come to their table.

The website that I write for had a small table on the show floor last year and found it a waste of money since it was pricey. This year, they're just doing straight up press work, bouncing around as many interviews with artists, TV and film stars as possible, and cranking out content for traffic. One of my friends also used to exhibit at cons with his brother and didn't like it because it was hard to find time to take a break.

We're going to the Barcade in Chelsea for the return of Oath. An all boy band of only drummers.

qNPsLuT.jpg
Ah yes, Oath. As in swearing an Oath to drum on a bunch of tables. Shout out to the children's doctor who came out last year and is a father this year. I forgot his name but if he's out there lurking, I hope all is well! I hope the Photoville volunteer party is on Thursday or Friday or else I'll have to bounce around different places on Wednesday.

Can we get a poll on which choice listed in the thread's subtitle people would vote for? I'm genuinely curious. I also wonder what other after parties are happening this year. The Mr. Robot S4 premiere party at Terminal 5 was a lot of fun last year. On the other hand, the Kotaku party was all right but crowded. I'd like to try to go to another one again. I just hope that a few job offers I'm suddenly getting understand that if I were to start working, it would have to be on the Tuesday after the holiday.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is going to be my first time at NYCC. Hell it's my first time to NYC in general. Bunch of friends decided to go again this year so tagging along. We have badges for Thursday and Friday so looking forward to checking it all out.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
was only able to grab a Friday pass as Saturday sold out nearly instantly after fan verification rounds.

Bummed that I won't be able to go to Gerard Way's panel...but I guess I can go see....The McElroys….or CM Punk...

…:\

May 21, 2018
Baltimore MD
Hey Now to all attendees! This will be my first year attending so thanks OP for this thread.

Off Topic: Myself and my SO will be in the city for the weekend, and I am looking specifically to get a good chopped cheese. Any suggestions on where to go?

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
This is going to be my first time at NYCC. Hell it's my first time to NYC in general. Bunch of friends decided to go again this year so tagging along. We have badges for Thursday and Friday so looking forward to checking it all out.
Thursday should give you a good idea on what to expect. Since you're going with friends who have gone in the past, you should be in good hands. My first day on shift at NYCC 2011 on a Thursday was jarring to say the least because back then, we used to hand out swag bags to attendees. It's not the case any more today as NYCC became a Goliath of a con. Friday always feels like waking up to a bad hangover as thousands of people are everywhere in sight. Hopefully Anime Fest mitigates some foot traffic at Javits. Have fun and make sure to swing by the Autographing area in the afternoon to say hello!
was only able to grab a Friday pass as Saturday sold out nearly instantly after fan verification rounds.

Bummed that I won't be able to go to Gerard Way's panel...but I guess I can go see....The McElroys….or CM Punk...

…:\
If it were up to me, as a fan of The Adventure Zone podcast, I'd gun for seeing the McElroys live since they don't come to NY often. It'll probably be a good time. I lost interest in following wrestling years ago but I'm pretty sure CM Punk gets his share of fans with a good turn-out post-WWE. Maybe you can find a decent deal on a Sat badge on the NYCC Reddit or someone might sell their badge here.

Hey Now to all attendees! This will be my first year attending so thanks OP for this thread.

Off Topic: Myself and my SO will be in the city for the weekend, and I am looking specifically to get a good chopped cheese. Any suggestions on where to go?
As a native New Yorker, I've never had a chopped cheese sandwich. That being said, there's deli in East Harlem, Harlem Taste or Hajji's on 110th and 1st Ave that has the best chopped cheese sandwich in town according to a few sources. If you're willing to hike that far uptown, then it's probably worth it.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018
Baltimore MD
As a native New Yorker, I've never had a chopped cheese sandwich. That being said, there's deli in East Harlem, Harlem Taste or Hajji's on 110th and 1st Ave that has the best chopped cheese sandwich in town according to a few sources. If you're willing to hike that far uptown, then it's probably worth it.

Bet. Thanks for the heads up. Really looking forward this trip.

OP
OP
fallengorn

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Five Points Fest is opening up a pop-up shop on Friday and Saturday, 10/5-6, near Union Square.

Hang out with us at the Five Points Fall pop-up shop, October 5th and 6th, at 815 Broadway in New York City from 1pm - 11pm.

Friday, 5th, 7pm - 11pm; Kidrobot Parrrty Five Points Fest Style.

Come celebrate Kidrobot, the jewel of the Designer Toy community, with an all-out PARRRTY!! Featuring signings, live painting, giveaways, competitions and more! Meet the artists and sip on a beer, fueled by our friends at Lagunitas!

Saturday, 6th, 7pm - 11pm; Ferocious Choke Hold!

Five Points Fest Fall, exclusive drops from some of your favorite sofubi and vinyl artists including, Mutant Vinyl Hardcore, Kikkake Toys, Rampage Toys, and more. Art, toys, and beer, what could go wrong?!

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Fandom bring its food truck back to NYCC and trivia: http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/fandom-nycc-2018

Here's a few excerpts on what to expect:
FANDOM is serving up free, special bites and beverages inspired by pop culture movies and TV shows Venom, Voltron, She-Ra and Doctor Who.

Here's the full schedule for the FANDOM Fantasy Food Truck:

Thursday: 10:30-11:30, 12-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-7
Friday and Saturday: 10-11, 12-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-7
Sunday: 10-11, 12-1, 2-3, 4-5

Trivia schedule:

Newsrama recently interviewed Mike Armstrong, ReedPOP's event director on what to expect from NYCC 2018. 250K attendees are expected this year (last year's attendance was 227K). Here's a few excerpts of interest, tease of a 5th additional day in the future:

Quiet room returns and that Artist Alley shout out (I agree, it's my favorite part of the show too as it's the one area that feels like a PAX con):
Nrama: I've really appreciated the institution of quiet rooms at ReedPOP conventions. Will you be doing them at NYCC this year, and if so, where will they be located?

Armstrong: Yes, they're definitely coming back to NYCC. It's centrally located this year in room 1C05.

Nrama: Do you think there is an overlooked part of NYCC that you'd like to bring people's attention to more?

Armstrong: I'll never not plug Artist Alley when given the opportunity. It's by far my favorite part of the show and a really amazing atmosphere for fans to meet the people who are putting out the work they love so much

On the possibility of adding a 5th day:

Nrama: New York Comic Con is four days this year, plus some events on Wednesday evening - making it effectively four-and-a-half days. Could you see NYCC going to a full five days at some point?

Armstrong: Yea, I can see it, but not quite yet. It's an interesting debate around the office. Monday usually falls on Columbus Day, so that would make some sense. Give us some time…

On this year's biggest improvements:

Nrama: For people who maybe missed a year or two in NYCC, what are the biggest improvements you think people will notice coming in this year?

Armstrong: We've really spent a lot of time and money focused on technology this year. It might be hidden to some fans, but a lot of work goes into the features that exist within your badge. We're continuing to test some virtual queuing with exhibitors so that we could keep people out of lines as much as possible.

More in the link here.In order for a 5th day to exist, Thursday has to sell out. Thursday is usually the very last day to sell out as most people can't attend on that day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fallengorn

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Thanks for posting the interview. Thought this was interesting:
Armstrong: Once again, we're back at the Hammerstein Ballroom and Madison Square Garden (we added Sunday to MSG). We're also in Shop Studios, Hudson Mercantile, and the Hudson Mercantile Annex.
Unless I'm blind, I didn't see anything scheduled at Hudson Mercantile.

Some more exclusives posted:
Spoke-Art: https://spoke-art.com/blogs/news/nycc-2018
Dark Horse: https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2786/nycc-2018-dark-horse-announces-convention-exclusiv

And another Mezco One:12 figure, Weeaboo Logan:

9d80IMs.jpg

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if its a difficult to get the air train from jfk to Jamaica and into manhattan ? First time doing it on my own and usually my group would just split a cab.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Thanks for posting the interview. Thought this was interesting:

Unless I'm blind, I didn't see anything scheduled at Hudson Mercantile.

Some more exclusives posted:
Spoke-Art: https://spoke-art.com/blogs/news/nycc-2018
Dark Horse: https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2786/nycc-2018-dark-horse-announces-convention-exclusiv

And another Mezco One:12 figure, Weeaboo Logan:
Nah, they got staff and crew stationed at Hudson Mercantile. Not sure what's happening there. It might an industry only venue this year. One area that I think will be overlooked are the Author Autographing and Pop Up Library in the panels area (A18).
How long are we talking here?
A little over two hours from JFK/Jamaica to Manhattan barring there's no delays. This is NYC after all, the city in which people spend the most time in public transit. If you're willing to save money, then go for it. Otherwise, I would recommend either Uber pool or Lyft pool to get into the city if you don't want to spend over two hours in the subway.

OP
OP
fallengorn

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Details about Heroes After Dark are out.

Edit: Apparently, it's just for Industry folks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
That sounds like the Mr. Robot party of this year. If Johnnie Walker is sponsoring it, chances are there's going to be free booze and food. I better RSVP ASAP.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're a week out, I think you should've definitely gotten them by now.

I'd email or call them. Worst comes worst, you'll need to pick them up at will call.
Yeah I've always gotten them weeks early in the past, but their tracking still says in transit. May have to pick them up. I'm local though so it's not a big deal.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, they got staff and crew stationed at Hudson Mercantile. Not sure what's happening there. It might an industry only venue this year. One area that I think will be overlooked are the Author Autographing and Pop Up Library in the panels area (A18).

A little over two hours from JFK/Jamaica to Manhattan barring there's no delays. This is NYC after all, the city in which people spend the most time in public transit. If you're willing to save money, then go for it. Otherwise, I would recommend either Uber pool or Lyft pool to get into the city if you don't want to spend over two hours in the subway.

Lyft is quoting me a shared price of 60$¡ or solo for $65. Is the shared 60 each or 30ish each?