• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This, like fuck that kid that got sexually assaulted, here is my take about what some random assholes on the internet may say about this

Hey what would you like me to do for the guy? Do you think he's going to be browsing ResetEra looking for support? I think we're all on the same page that what happened to him was appalling and unacceptable, but I can't change that. I can do a tiny little bit to remind people not to let bad faith actors wrench the narrative of an extremely important movement toward their own ends of miring discussion in false equivalency and nihilistic paralysis.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assholes who don't understand the idea of MeToo will use this, a great example of why MeToo exists and needs to continue as a movement, to prove why they think it's dumb. They'll do this because they're dumb assholes.

Leave that for whatever twitter fight you want to engage in for whatever reason.

Dude got sexually assaulted while underage by an actress 20 years his senior. That's real bad and this movement is supposed to empower people like him to speak out against people like her.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey what would you like me to do for the guy? Do you think he's going to be browsing ResetEra looking for support? I think we're all on the same page that what happened to him was appalling and unacceptable, but I can't change that. I can do a tiny little bit to remind people not to let bad faith actors wrench the narrative of an extremely important movement toward their own ends of miring discussion in false equivalency and nihilistic paralysis.

You can talk about that, just maybe not right when the news breaks, yeah? It's just immediately putting the idea out there that we should move past what happened to her victim. It's poor form.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Downplaying Sexual Assault of a Minor
Everything is seen through the meta game. What does this mean for my team.

Fine, I'll say it, this one is suddenly seen through "meta-game" filters because it happened to a 17 year old male. You know its true.
We in general have to pretend/force ourselves to give a shit about issues that happen to physically able guys.
Its okay to admit it. There's a reason the old "when shit happens to dudes its just funny" sketch has been played to death by every single comedian ever.

Not even pointing fingers here. I was wired this way too.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, I'll say it, this one is suddenly seen through "meta-game" filters because it happened to a 17 year old male. You know its true.
We in general have to pretend/force ourselves to give a shit about issues that happen to physically able guys.
Its okay to admit it. There's a reason the old "when shit happens to dudes its just funny" sketch has been played to death by every single comedian ever.

Not even pointing fingers here. I was wired this way too.

I actually think in this instance it is because the accused was both a woman and an accuser. The victim is largely irrelevant when it comes to eliciting a more meta reaponse.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I think it's probably safe to put Chris Pratt in that category too. And probably Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth. Those guys all seem legit nice.

And Tom Hanks.
Pratt is religious and some people seem to hate him because of that I think.

If true then she's terrible. You can fight the good fight even if your past is shitty but you gotta let people know about it and how you changed, can't quietly try to get rid of it.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I think it's probably safe to put Chris Pratt in that category too. And probably Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth. Those guys all seem legit nice.

And Tom Hanks.

I think the take away from all of this, is we shouldn't blindly assume people we like cant be abusers themselves. That kind of "oh hes one of the good ones, he could never" is a part of humanity that partly allows this shit to build and happen.

If you've known a person for years and years and feel you know them well, totally go out on a limb, but otherwise we need to stop building up strangers that we don't fucking know.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I'm not concerned about the movement. Legitimate victims now have an avenue for airing their grievances. But this particular person, Mrs. Argento? She's cancelled. Paying out hush money fam? That's a no from me.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying sexual assault of a minor.
17 year old me would have been all about this. I know it's the law, but c'mon. No horny 17 year old boy is ever gonna cry rape. I graduated high school when I was 17. Was driving, working a full time job, and in college before 18.
Whatever.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
17 year old me would have been all about this. I know it's the law, but c'mon. No horny 17 year old boy is ever gonna cry rape. I graduated high school when I was 17. Was driving, working a full time job, and in college before 18.
Whatever.

Sick, bro. Can you post that South Park gif for us too?

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Ms. Argento, who is divorced and has two children, was both a mentor and a mother figure to Mr. Bennett, the document says, and the two were intermittently in contact as he grew up. "Jimmy's impression of this situation was that a mother-son relationship had blossomed from their experience on set together," Mr. Sattro wrote.
In interviews and subsequent social media posts between the two over the years, they referred to each other as mother and son.
On May 9, 2013, the day they met for a reunion in her room at a Ritz-Carlton in Marina del Rey, Calif., she posted on Instagram: "Waiting for my long lost son my love @jimmymbennett in trepidation #marinadelrey smoking cigarettes like there was no next week."

Mr. Bennett responded, "I'm almost there!:)"
But a month later, on June 8, he sent Ms. Argento a Twitter message, "Miss you momma!!!!

Uh

I think the take away from all of this, is we shouldn't blindly assume people we like cant be abusers themselves. That kind of "oh hes one of the good ones, he could never" is a part of humanity that partly allows this shit to build and happen.

If you've known a person for years and years and feel you know them well, totally go out on a limb, but otherwise we need to stop building up strangers that we don't fucking know.

Yeah. And with celebrities, ultimately the public face is the mask they want you to see. Be it managed alone or with a PR team.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Yo I bet there are way more female creepers out there than people think.

Like I remember this one time in HS my friend's mom was getting drunk on the back patio with her friends, and as my friend and I walked by one of them randomly lifted the front of my shirt up and looked directly at my crotch (t-shirt was covering that area). I was like "wtf was that?", and she was like "oh nothing" as the women all burst into laughter.

I called that same friend once, and his mom answered the phone. She was like "he isn't here right now, but you can come over any time...". Shit was weird. I told another friend of mine, and he said she said the same thing to him once.

Oh yeah, and there was this one old lady who used to masturbate in front of kids in the neighborhood.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I was really confused at the thread title.

G0T6ZYQ.png
lmao!

Deleted member 29939

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Go easy on the post bellow ERA.
I jerked it to Argento too as a teen. Its a fucking stupid thing to say/think, but we are all guilty of this shit at some point.

Whatever.

I get it, but dude, no!

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
reading the article it's extra fucked up that when he was 8 she played his mum in a film and they apparently referred to each other as mother and son.