• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

NYT: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia After Firing Comey

Nov 1, 2017
Damn nice!! Now that the Dems have the House they can take action once the report is released.
They not waiting for a report bro. They proceeding with am investigation of their own. Muellers report is just more toppings on an already frosted cake.

Dec 2, 2017
Unbelievable! They treat him outright as a potential traitor... The president of the US...

And they managed to hide it all this time... This makes the Comey firing even worse. And people think somehow he won't end up in jail? A literal traitor?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Won’t matter to his base or Republicans. Two camps now. You either know he’s a criminal or you don’t care.

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is a fucking disgrace, and will go down in history as a traitor. The second the tide turns, every Republican who wants to keep a career in Washington will turn on him, and they'll act like they opposed him all along.

Oct 25, 2017
It's been obvious forever for those really paying attention and knowing who Donald Trump is and the people he has historically surrounded himself with.

This has been a five-alarm fire since the second he was given the Republican nomination.
It's a Black Swan event. It seems so "shocking" to some that this is the case, but hindsight shows in big fuckin' letters this dude had hands with Russian intelligence from day one.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Natasha Bertrand @NatashaBertrand

The NYT report highlights the fact that many assume Trump has only ever been officially under investigation for obstruction of justice. The new takeaway (though probably already assumed by most) is that Trump himself was also an individual subject of a counterintel investigation.

Nov 1, 2017
Trump is a fucking disgrace, and will go down in history as a traitor. The second the tide turns, every Republican who wants to keep a career in Washington will turn on him, and they'll act like they opposed him all along.
Mitch McConnell cant do that now. His ass is in too deep with these latest Bill actions. Dude is straight up complicit.

Dec 18, 2017
Even if he was, does it even matter at this point? The damage is already done. Trump is already into his 3rd year of office.

Oct 27, 2017
If he goes down for traitor, i'm coming to my office with noise makers, poppers, party hats etc and rubbing it in all the trump supporters here and I honestly will not care if I get fired.

Will be worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
NO! Of all the nights to take off lol.

This story has to be big right?
This outright implies Donald Trump is a personal target to an investigation.

The fact he's said he's not a target of investigation at all is what makes this a big deal, and then there's the fact this is the third or fourth investigation he's directly targeted within at this point.

Oct 27, 2017

The fact he's said he's not a target of investigation at all is what makes this a big deal, and then there's the fact this is the third or fourth investigation he's directly targeted within at this point.
I'm pretty sure he had no idea.

Oct 27, 2017
He's going to tweet he didn't. Doesn't matter what they do. His base eats anything he says
His base doesn't matter. They don't control law enforcement or the courts. They're not even a majority of the US or even Republicans, really. Don't know why people always point this out like it means anything.
I barely read an article about this. Why hasn’t anybody been talking about this?
People are talking about it on cable news and they have had Mnuchin come in to answer questions in front of Congress (which he completely fucked up, btw). Maybe you're not paying attention?
Mueller has the results and is correlating them with his own follow up....

Indictments.
Indictments.
Indictments.
The results of a 3-day investigation?

Oct 25, 2017
His base doesn't matter. They don't control law enforcement or the courts. They're not even a majority of the US or even Republicans, really. Don't know why people always point this out like it means anything.

People are talking about it on cable news and they have had Mnuchin come in to answer questions in front of Congress (which he completely fucked up, btw). Maybe you're not paying attention?

The results of a 3-day investigation?
lol im going to wait to see when he's in prison and he tweets.
"not in prison. just working from home here"

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how there can any other conclusion at this point, it's like he's directly taking orders and there are so many suspicious actions, and hell, even talking points coming direct out of Russia State television that only Trump uses.

But it's all about proving it. I hope they got him.

Nov 1, 2017

This is how counterintelligence work.

The guy working for a said hostile foreign government wont know hes being investigated and fed counterintel by the investigation thats investigating him. That way they know hes an agent of treason from the misinformation.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
F.B.I. officials viewed their decision to move quickly as validated when a comment the president made to visiting Russian officials in the Oval Office shortly after he fired Mr. Comey was revealed days later.
“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to a document summarizing the meeting. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
Trump can't stop, can he ?

Oct 25, 2017
This is by definition treason, undermining the sovereignty of the United States according to the machinations of a foreign power. That's levying war, according to US v Barr

Oct 26, 2017
Uh.....whoa.. literally treason.

This seems like A GAINT HUGE STORY.
I mean it's kinda a no duh sort of development but actually confirmation that they are specifically investigating this is fucking huge, right?

I didn't see if the investigation is still ongoing is it?