• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html
WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president's behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president's own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow's influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
"Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president's own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. "

Fun times in America

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Okay aaaaand...? Of course he has/is. Next?

That closed door, no microphone session with Putin should have been more than enough.

Last edited:

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't he have Russian Reps over right after the firing? Meetings with them, by himself?

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is perfectly normal and there's nothing to see here, no collusion, you know it I know it everyone knows it

thisisfine.gif

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd best believe every intelligence agency has top agents, former agents, and trusted moles in foreign nations and organizations looking into Trump off the books.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
US government is shut down while he's lifting sanctions on Russian oligarchs.

Which government is he working for is an important question.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a Russia Bank just recently lifted of Sanctions?

Oligarc aluminium company is slated to buy the Dems hauled in Mnuchin yesterday in classified meeting so he could explain himself and he just read non classified bs to the Dems wich doesn't help his case and pissed off Pelosi.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Helsinki was a test and he failed. They had prepared him to go hard on Putin and gave him a script so he could show the US wasn't going to take Russia's bs and he did a heel turn in front of everyone praised Putin and even agreed to have a UK resident extradited to Russia to be "interviewed" by the Kremlin this person was the same person who was fucked over by a Putin tax scam in Russia that resulted in the Magnistky act.

thefragrance

Avenger
Dec 18, 2017
Oligarc aluminium company is slated to buy the Dems hauled in Mnuchin yesterday in classified meeting so he could explain himself and he just read non classified bs to the Dems wich doesn't help his case and pissed off Pelosi.

I barely read an article about this. Why hasn't anybody been talking about this?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is the investigation still open?

Bit from the article:

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, took over the inquiry into Mr. Trump when he was appointed, days after F.B.I. officials opened it. That inquiry is part of Mr. Mueller's broader examination of how Russian operatives interfered in the 2016 election and whether any Trump associates conspired with them. It is unclear whether Mr. Mueller is still pursuing the counterintelligence matter, and some former law enforcement officials outside the investigation have questioned whether agents overstepped in opening it.
The criminal and counterintelligence elements were coupled together into one investigation, former law enforcement officials said in interviews in recent weeks, because if Mr. Trump had ousted the head of the F.B.I. to impede or even end the Russia investigation, that was both a possible crime and a national security concern. The F.B.I.'s counterintelligence division handles national security matters.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If he truly was working on behalf of Russia, wouldn't he be gone by now?

That's something he'd say. A great deal of the GOP is probably compromised with the NRA spy cell thing.

GOP will normalize this as a "witch hunt" even if the witch has a pot and it has a "Made in Russia" tag on it.

Oct 31, 2017
It's been obvious forever for those really paying attention and knowing who Donald Trump is and the people he has historically surrounded himself with.

This has been a five-alarm fire since the second he was given the Republican nomination.