• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh.....whoa.. literally treason.

This seems like A GAINT HUGE STORY.
I mean it's kinda a no duh sort of development but actually confirmation that they are specifically investigating this is fucking huge, right?

I didn't see if the investigation is still ongoing is it?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
This outright implies Donald Trump is a personal target to an investigation.

The fact he's said he's not a target of investigation at all is what makes this a big deal, and then there's the fact this is the third or fourth investigation he's directly targeted within at this point.
A "target" is a term of art in law enforcement and it means the prosecutor has the evidence in front of them and intends to bring charges. When you're simply under investigation you're a subject. Trump has clearly been a subject of the investigation(s) and it doesn't mean a ton that he was told he wasn't a target.
I get that but why spoiler tag it?
I guess so it's less obtrusive to everyone who can see the embeds.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
... but a dunk is only worth 2 points...
A dunk is remembered. 3 pointers are not.

The results of a 3-day investigation?

Yup, Think about it. The FBI hands over their initial investigation to Mueller. Mueller goes over what they have and proceeds to lay ground work on indictments of Manafort and all the others to what we have today. And hes not even done. Their initial work led to what Mueller has done so far. This is not a coincidence.

Oct 25, 2017
the ocean
the current situation of fuckedupedness sounds like something Putin would be happy about. A President being totally unreasonable arguing for a made-up crisis (border wall BS) and in shutting down the government creates real multiple crises. Fed workers unpaid, no more food inspections, mass protests. The Russian Bear is laughing. Just another stage in the plot to destroy the United States.

If there's clear evidence that Trump is a Russian agent, I mean that is an emergency of epic proportions. Impeachment would be too slow of process to remove the cancer at the top.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
You know how much Trump likes to say "NO COLLUSION"? Every time he said it will be quoted in the report as proof of obstruction of justice.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Mitch McConnell gotta be in this somewhow too. No way he's sticking to Trump like they've been best pals since elementary school and not getting something out of it.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
the current situation of fuckedupedness sounds like something Putin would be happy about. A President being totally unreasonable arguing for a made-up crisis (border wall BS) and in shutting down the government creates real multiple crises. Fed workers unpaid, no more food inspections, mass protests. The Russian Bear is laughing. Just another stage in the plot to destroy the United States.

If there's clear evidence that Trump is a Russian agent, I mean that is an emergency of epic proportions. Impeachment would be too slow of process to remove the cancer at the top.
And the biggest thing is that it's obvious as hell.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Not just Trump, but hopefully this will also land some members of the GOP in jail as well. You probably can't jail a President, but if a couple of GOP Senate members end up in jail, that would also help in the long run.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I'd be more shocked if FBI had not opened such a line of inquiry. A blind chimp can make out that Trump is an agent of Russia or acting on their behalf.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
What's the ghoul have to say?
Rudolph W. Giuliani, a lawyer for the president, sought to play down the significance of the investigation. "The fact that it goes back a year and a half and nothing came of it that showed a breach of national security means they found nothing," Mr. Giuliani said on Friday, though he acknowledged that he had no insight into the inquiry.

Lmao yea sure Rudy.

Can't wait to hear turtles take.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Donald Trump could outright be caught being a literal fucking spy for Russia and the GOP wont do anything.
U7666VU45QI6RKGYTNGBGKDNNM.jpg

Oct 31, 2017

Yes, everything that's happened with DJT has been exactly the kind of thing someone like Putin would want. He's the perfect disruption method, used in a pretty slick way honestly. I think the U.S. will course correct, but honestly, he's already done some incredible damage, both in the short term AND long term. And things that aren't really easy to perceive/track/understand.

I think Donald Trump has been a long term project. I mean, just consider it all: his mentor was Roy Cohn, his first wife Ivana Trump, his trip to Russia in the 80's and his public declarations of the idea of "running for President", all of the Russians that were in and around Trump Tower, his increased media presence to raise his visible profile through the years.

We'll see what happens.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Geoff Bennett @GeoffRBennett

.@PressSec responds to @nytimes report that the FBI opened an inquiry into whether Trump was secretly working on behalf of Russia:

dwrqb0-x4aahwnr0ti9b.jpg

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
It's been obvious forever for those really paying attention and knowing who Donald Trump is and the people he has historically surrounded himself with.

This has been a five-alarm fire since the second he was given the Republican nomination.
For sure. Hell, his famous, "NO PUPPET" response in the debates was comically guilty even at the time - his expression, his body language - everything reeked of her hitting a nerve.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yes, everything that's happened with DJT has been exactly the kind of thing someone like Putin would want. He's the perfect disruption method, used in a pretty slick way honestly. I think the U.S. will course correct, but honestly, he's already done some incredible damage, both in the short term AND long term. And things that aren't really easy to perceive/track/understand.

I think Donald Trump has been a long term project. I mean, just consider it all: his mentor was Roy Cohn, his first wife Ivana Trump, his trip to Russia in the 80's and his public declarations of the idea of "running for President", all of the Russians that were in and around Trump Tower, his increased media presence to raise his visible profile through the years.

We'll see what happens.
Hopefully Mueller has prepared one hell of a report dating back to evidemce all the way in the 80's. This was a decades long insurgency. No way this all was conceived in just 2016.

May 21, 2018

.@PressSec responds to @nytimes report that the FBI opened an inquiry into whether Trump was secretly working on behalf of Russia:

dwrqb0-x4aahwnr0ti9b.jpg

"President Trump has actually been tough on Russia"

Yes, like lifting sanctions! Those things are heavy, you know! Proves Trump is a strong guy!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

dwrqb0-x4aahwnr0ti9b.jpg

She is so goddamn dumb. Really hope she's never let off the hook for being as much of a piece of shit as the rest. Her and Spicer should live the rest of their lives in shame.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
She is so goddamn dumb. Really hope she's never let off the hook for being as much of a piece of shit as the rest. Her and Spicer should live the rest of their lives in shame.
And they still have long lives to live with that shame. It's not like Trump who'll probably be dead in the next 10 years anyway.

Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully Mueller has prepared one hell of a report dating back to evidemce all the way in the 80's. This was a decades long insurgency. No way this all was conceived in just 2016.

Yeah definitely. I've had an interest in this kind of thing for a long time. I first noticed weirdness around 2009-10 when Putin memes were showing up and self-identifying "Republicans" were enjoying them. Then reading about all of the crazy shit Russia was doing inside and outside of their country for those years.

Then Donald's birtherism attacks on Obama on Twitter start showing up. Do you think Donald Trump, who has historically been mostly a technophobe actually picked up Twitter on his own? Or do you think it was "suggested" to him? Speculation, obviously, but I mean...

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I hope after this presidency goes up in flames Sarah Sanders is never able to find work again.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I hate about SHS is that she could answer these questions and lie and dissemble confidently in a way that fully protects her boss - but she always turns it up to 11, adds extra unprompted slanderous falsehoods AND is a barking virulent cockbadger to whoever she's responding to with such extra and insulting effort. Her and Nunes should share a cell eventually.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having difficulty counting the ways "James Comey was fired because he was a disgraced partisan hack" is wrong.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So does Trump make till the end of the month, the U.S. government wouldn't let someone suspected of foreign treachery by the FBI be president, would they?

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
So does Trump make till the end of the month, the U.S. government wouldn't let someone suspected of foreign treachery by the FBI be president, would they?
He's been suspected since before he got elected. Republicans will only turn on Trump when their base does which will be never.

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
Unless the FBI step in and indict the pres, family and cabinet I don't see Senate budging. Heck, I don't think McConnell would put impeachment on the table. They're going full authoritarian and I don't see that stopping even if there may be a mountain of concrete evidence that 45 is guilty.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's pretty crazy. Actually watching TV and seeing the headline "FBI opened investigation into whether Pres. Trump was secretly working on behalf of Russia"

Even after all this time, I'm occasionally surprised that this is our reality.