• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Even if he was just naive and stupid, acting like a CEO instead of President (this is the kindest slant one could take on Trump), holy fuck that the FBI counter intelligence arm launched an investigation of direct collusion with a hostile country by the fucking sitting President of The United States.

What. The. Fuck.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all Democratic congressional hearings and subpoena's have not even started yet..

Shit gonna get wild. Buckle up..

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the GOP was always diligent on opposing Russia. McCain was until the end and Romney is too. Weren't there a bunch of GOP senators going to Russiaate last year? I really think it's way more broad than Trump, hes just the crown jewel.

Rand Paul was one, IIRC.

They also went on the 4th of July, if that makes it sadder.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Mitch McConnell gotta be in this somewhow too. No way he's sticking to Trump like they've been best pals since elementary school and not getting something out of it.

Ah yes...McConnell.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) went further, officials said, voicing skepticism that the underlying intelligence truly supported the White House's claims. Through a spokeswoman, McConnell declined to comment, citing the secrecy of that meeting.

Key Democrats were stunned by the GOP response and exasperated that the White House seemed willing to let Republican opposition block any pre-election move.

It changes things because:

- the suspicion was on a sitting President, not a candidate
- The nation's top law enforcement agency not only found the Comey firing suspicious, they went so far as to open AND conduct a counterintelligence investigation to determine if the sitting President was working for another country, specifically Russia
- We had no window into how Trump-appointed heads of agencies were operating these investigations
- Trump fired five of the top six FBI officials but couldn't kill the investigation into his campaign, nor this one
- We all know we have only been exposed to the tip of the iceberg in terms of information related to these investigations. This report tonight not only confirms that there is much more to discover, but that info is likely very heavy info.

Him and his remoras tend to go after guys with a history of taking down mobsters and Russia knowledge at the FBI and DoJ...

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If it turns out in the report that he colluded with Russia, here's zero chance he was unwittingly manipulated. Zero.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't a 3 pointer be better?
76483db775fc005470f04586f30789d5.gif

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, the day after. And no american press were allowed in the room.

Later a story came out that Trump mentioned to the russians that by firing Comey he had eased the pressure from the investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

Russian press was, though, let's not forget.

Pictures of Trump, laughing with the Russians, looking more comfortable than he ever has with any allied leader, were on Russian news media later that day, IIRC.

Also, he told them classified info that we got from Israel. Remember the controversy around that? Unfortunately, "it's not a crime if the president does it" was literally true in that case.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rumor that Trump might resign in exchange for a deal may end up being the next Nixon pardon.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
There will be no deal for him I hope. He is the final objective... A fucking president of the United States of America taking orders from Russia.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Even as recently as a few days ago he has been publicly referencing/supporting obscure, formerly pro-Soviet Union stances, such as saying the Soviets were justified in invading Afghanistan.

David Frum @ The Atlantic - Why Is Trump Spouting Russian Propaganda?

Maddow did a segment on this as well. And another little tidbit from right after Trump's inaugeration: while doing fuck all to transition the government competently, and making embarrassing gaffes, Trump's administration requested information on "Polish incursions into Belarus". I know nothing about that, but according to Maddow, there were no such incursions. It's another Putin propaganda talking point.

It's becoming clearer and clearer that Trump learned everything he knows about foreign policy from Russia. I mean, he's been openly hostile to NATO from day 1 of his campaign.

He's either a Russian asset, or a Russian patsy. Really, the only question is the nature of their relationship. Are they blackmailing him, or just working this moron?

Place your bets.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excuse me? Go on, is their a source?
This was a tweet from a few days ago but it was a "legit" or rather, mainstream source. May have linked to BS wishful thinking but I am at least going to go find the link. Brb

Edit.

Worse.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-resign-2019-family-immunity-1276990

Ironically the least believable part is the idea he'd resign to help his family.

But it came up in December twice and does make me wonder if there's a (literal) trial balloon - what's the public appetite for this exit strategy.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A dunk is remembered. 3 pointers are not.

Yup, Think about it. The FBI hands over their initial investigation to Mueller. Mueller goes over what they have and proceeds to lay ground work on indictments of Manafort and all the others to what we have today. And hes not even done. Their initial work led to what Mueller has done so far. This is not a coincidence.
How much of the investigation do you think they did in 3 days? When Mueller has taken YEARS.
That's what I meant. I don't see him bringing it to a vote.
It's not his choice. If the house votes to impeach, the Senate holds the trial and votes on the outcome.

Zonar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona, USA
Guys, guys. Nothing's going to come of this. The key word here is "secretly". He's not secretly working on behalf of Russia after firing Comey. He's just plainly working on behalf of Russia after firing Comey. the FBI can stop their investigation. Nothing's going to come of this.
Because he's blatantly fucking doing it

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If he truly was working on behalf of Russia, wouldn't he be gone by now?

Major figures within the Republican Party are likely compromised. Handle this wrong and the country could devolve into a minor civil war and that's not accounting for military splinters.

They can't just 'remove' Trump at the drop of a hat. There are few if any immediate legal mechanisms for the military and intelligence agencies to do so. You'd be talking about an asassination or coup by the military against the elected US President and it would be carried out in broad daylight.

The Republican Party itself is likely compromised, making escalation through official channels dangerous. It's also quite likely that what they had inially was circumstantial, without a smoking gun to leak or release that would force action in the public sphere. Given the high likelihood of that, once they started digging (post the firing of comey, mind) any smoking guns they may have found likely were buried within the sprawling depths of systemic corruption, necessitating time and meeting the legal standards necessary to uproot those webs then also become a priority. Unseating President shitbag world interrupt those goals.

And by letting Trump carry on as long as their hands are not forced, they can better uncover, define, entrap, and intimately expose the web while doing the least immediate damage to the core foundation of the United States as a democratic countryruled by laws and a system of governance once it all comes to a head.

Not too mention that they likely need the Republican Parties compromised elements marginalized further by 2020 to have the best conditions to proceed with what will define and damage the country for decades to come, if not longer.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't know. He exceptionally stupid, narcissistic, and self-delusional. I think he might actually believe his own bullshit.
His ego and greed undermine everything. I have no doubt he took deals he knew were illegal, whether they were financial or purely political.

People play up just how stupid he is sometimes. He's dumb as fuck, but not dumb enough to pass on a good deal.

Mehr

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've always thought Trump being forced to resign has always been a very real possibility 1) As the ultimate truth (and it probably goes way further and deeper than anyone could possibly imagine) will decimate the publics trust in Govt 2) He'll be able to keep hold of his money

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
His ego and greed undermine everything. I have no doubt he took deals he knew were illegal, whether they were financial or purely political.

People play up just how stupid he is sometimes. He's dumb as fuck, but not dumb enough to pass on a good deal.

I was half-kidding. He 100% knows he's been committing crimes for years. He also certainly believes that's okay, because he's rich and white.

I do believe, in his campaign, that he didn't realize how big a deal it was that the Russians were helping him, until it was too late.

He thinks he's above the law. Sadly, that has yet to be proven wrong.

And worse, no matter how this ends, we're stuck with all the judge appointments, all the damage done to government, and of course, the proud racism of his rabid cult, for many years to come.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, reading that Wittes article made me realize that Comey was fired a week or so before I met my wife. We're married now, obviously.
It's moving at Last Guardian speed.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What he means by "civil war" is a giant retirement binge and predictable retreat into "both sides are bad" silence by previously moribund shitbirds who'll return again when they think the n-word or graft might become available again. The GOP is DONE but won't die and will recalibrate back to a racist position that's slightly more patriotic than the "venal traitor" of now, but still horrifying in every moral or ethical pretense. Like an inhalation of the Freedom Caucus full-gut exhale, but by no means a reset.

Just biding time.

Meanwhile the media will continue to report that not excoriating or jailing gay couples while fellating Wall Street and the Military Industrial Complex is a "massive swing to the left" and our normalization of facism as the GOP will stutter, but continue rightwards.

Thanks Maggie Haberman. Not your fault, but you went to college and you know what your are. You're a PH strip.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was half-kidding. He 100% knows he's been committing crimes for years. He also certainly believes that's okay, because he's rich and white.

I do believe, in his campaign, that he didn't realize how big a deal it was that the Russians were helping him, until it was too late.

He thinks he's above the law. Sadly, that has yet to be proven wrong.

And worse, no matter how this ends, we're stuck with all the judge appointments, all the damage done to government, and of course, the proud racism of his rabid cult, for many years to come.
Yeah I think he's so used to getting away with corrupt shit it comes as second nature to him and most of his family.

No consequences is a hell of a drug