• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This was a tweet from a few days ago but it was a "legit" or rather, mainstream source. May have linked to BS wishful thinking but I am at least going to go find the link. Brb

Edit.

Worse.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-resign-2019-family-immunity-1276990

Ironically the least believable part is the idea he'd resign to help his family.

But it came up in December twice and does make me wonder if there's a (literal) trial balloon - what's the public appetite for this exit strategy.
They should never take that deal unless they can trap card him and prosecute as soon as he resigns.

That would be fucking glorious

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
The military splintering comes from who's loyal to the Commander In Chief and who's loyal to the Constitution.

I can almost guarantee there would be no military splintering. Weapons/ammunition are so tightly controlled (I was a company armorer, and if I remember correctly I was the only person in the company that had keys to the arms room) that even if some tried to seize them and do their thing, they would be so vastly outnumbered/out-gunned. On top of that, most officers are not dumb, and they take their oaths very seriously. I remember my old CO giving me shit because I hadn't read the constitution.

edit: thinking back on my leadership, enlisted and commissioned, I am confident that even the most redneck, conservative of them would stand by the country before Trump.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This story is a presidency ending nuthole.

Like most days if it wasn't Trump and this GOP.

But this one isn't going away and it's a portent of a lot of the old gone-away ones, coming back.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
I can almost guarantee there would be no military splintering. Weapons/ammunition are so tightly controlled (I was a company armorer, and if I remember correctly I was the only person in the company that had keys to the arms room) that even if some tried to seize them and do their thing, they would be so vastly outnumbered/out-gunned. On top of that, most officers are not dumb, and they take their oaths very seriously. I remember my old CO giving me shit because I hadn't read the constitution.

edit: thinking back on my leadership, enlisted and commissioned, I am confident that even the most redneck, conservative of them would stand by the country before Trump.
I agree and this share this sentiment as well thinking back to my time in the military. I was a green-side corpsman with the Marines, and you're not getting into the armory by force unless you're looking for a death wish.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Like police and service people trippinng over themselves to get an autographed maga hat?

these people would believe, and i mean believe, that they are protecting the country from the other side. It is a cult.

Mattis had some fucked up statements/beliefs. He stayed on with everything and just quit when the president went over his head. He didnt stay and defend america from this man. Knowing full well we wouldn't suddenly leave syria overnight, And it would continue to take years. Trump is a threat to democracy. Hes a 4 star general. And im sure he is not a one off.

I mean how does your personal experience, account for that? Honest question, not coming at you.

Chaos-Theory

Dec 6, 2018
Like police and service people trippinng over themselves to get an autographed maga hat?

these people would believe, and i mean believe, that they are protecting the country from the other side. It is a cult.

Mattis had some fucked up statements/beliefs. He stayed on with everything and just quit when the president went over his head. He didnt stay and defend america from this man. Knowing full well we wouldn't suddenly leave syria overnight, And it would continue to take years. Trump is a threat to democracy. Hes a 4 star general. And im sure he is not a one off.

I mean how does your personal experience, account for that? Honest question, not coming at you.
All of that is just talk imo.

Also, you'd be surprised how many people claim to be veterans that are actually not. They're weekend warriors who couldn't get pass boot camp or MEPS or didn't even bother to go to a recruiter. They can't provide a copy of a DD-214 or even a screenshot of their ebenefits account as proof of their service. Shit, you even have people pretending to be veterans because they want access to VA healthcare. IMO, I wouldn't be worried about veterans; it's the wannabes that frighten me.

I have a cousin on my father's side who thinks he served his country, when in reality he couldn't hack boot camp and was kicked out for being physically unfit. At every family meeting (recently this past Thanksgiving) he always brings up his "veteran" status, and I always have to shut that shit down.

My cousin plays Rambo on the weekends by going to the range and convinces himself that he's a badass because he knows how to field strip his AR-15.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
All of that is just talk imo.

Also, you'd be surprised how many people claim to be veterans that are actually not. They're weekend warriors who couldn't get pass boot camp or MEPS or didn't even bother to go to a recruiter. They can't provide a copy of a DD-214 or even a screenshot of their ebenefits account as proof of their service. Shit, you even have people pretending to be veterans because they want access to VA healthcare. IMO, I wouldn't be worried about veterans; it's the wannabes that frighten me.

I have a cousin on my father's side who thinks he served his country, when in reality he couldn't hack boot camp and was kicked out for being physically unfit. At every family meeting (recently this past Thanksgiving) he always brings up his "veteran" staus, and I always have to shut that shit down.

My cousin plays Rambo on the weekends by going to the range and convinces himself that he's a badass because he knows how to field strip his AR-15.
Lol ive watched those videos. Some vets do stolen valor hunting. Its amazing. Its like mass hysteria. Well thanks for the reply.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
If the counter intelligence investigation into Trump is still ongoing, there are three things that Mueller has to look into:
  • Leverage: what motivates Trump to play ball with a foreign adversary (money/kompromat/personal threats etc)?
  • Lines of communication: how does the foreign adversary relay instuctions to him and extract information from him?
  • Runners: which person or persons who actively enngaged with the above, either directly or as cut-outs?
I'm most interested in the last point. There have to be people around Trump handling him and they must be close and very well-positioned because he is such a dense and mercurial personality, you can't just talk to him every other month and hope he remembers his directives. Trump himself is also too high profile and the office is such a tempting intelligence target, you can't approach regularly. It has to be someone with less visibility.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Totally clears the President. Thank you!

lol im going to wait to see when he's in prison and he tweets.
"not in prison. just working from home here"
"At my Executive instruction, I the President have been granted a modest suite in one of our country's great institutions for justice. I have chosen to live modestly, much like the Pope and many other great men before me! Very excited to share details about my next project as soon as my assistant Pedro (one of the Good Ones!) has "trained" his prison pocket to store a full paper-and-ink Presidential Communiqué. #LockHerUpFromTheInside"

Last edited:

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
I just hope at the end of all this he takes the easy way out and offs himself, forever remembered as the sniveling coward he truly is.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That would be a beautiful thing. Trump is the kind of spiteful and petty guy that would try to cause as much damage as possible while he's dragged kicking and screaming to a jail cell so, as long as the military stands together to protect the country over Trump, there's not much he can do outside of rally a bunch of trigger happy nut jobs to violence.

I mean that's still bad, but not as bad as Trump gaining military support, 'cause you know the guy is a wannabe dictator.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
that he was working with the Russians was quite clear even before he got elected.. I don't understand why people are so blind

Deaf Spacker

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
"Anyone being investigated by the FBI is not qualified to be the president of the United States." ~ @realDonaldTrump
Said on:
8/3/16
9/7/16
10/15/16
10/20/16
10/21/16
10/25/16
10/30/16

So by his own admission he's not qualified.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
that he was working with the Russians was quite clear even before he got elected.. I don't understand why people are so blind

As soon as the Repubs' party platform during the last presidential campaign went pro-Russia re: Ukraine - in contravention of party tradition and all sense and reason - it was obvious Trump was a Russian stooge.

Nov 20, 2017

I was at an engagement party in early 2017. The groom to be was a childhood friend of mine, who is now an operative in British Intelligence but also a famous bullshitter. I made a beeline for him when I got there to ask about Trump, because he'd just been over there as part of the British Intelligence team sent over during the induction or whatever it is. He was absolutely double adamant that Trump was not being investigated for Russian collusion and we made a wager on it.

Long story short I'm about to text him and claim my £100.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trump getting off for resigning would be a humiliation of the US Government. How could you pardon a traitor, strong word but that's what he would be in some way?

If Trump has dirt on people, Russia have compromised others hopefully the FBI know that too but nobody should be getting a slap on the wrists for cashing in their chips, prison for them all.

I doubt Trump resigns because if he is as guilty as many people think, being President is the only thing protecting him from the authorities and prison.

It could be the biggest scandal in history but the US needs to clean house and air every bit of dirty laundry to stand up straight again instead of limping on. Hold them all accountable, take it all the way, fix the system.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I was at an engagement party in early 2017. The groom to be was a childhood friend of mine, who is now an operative in British Intelligence but also a famous bullshitter. I made a beeline for him when I got there to ask about Trump, because he'd just been over there as part of the British Intelligence team sent over during the induction or whatever it is. He was absolutely double adamant that Trump was not being investigated for Russian collusion and we made a wager on it.

Long story short I'm about to text him and claim my £100.

Also tell him, if that's really his job, he needs to stick to his agreed on cover job at social gatherings or it's going to be a very short career. It's highly unprofessional.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How much of the investigation do you think they did in 3 days? When Mueller has taken YEARS.

Yes 3 days wasnt that much time but what if what they found is so alarming and blatant that 3 days was all it took to call Mueller say "we got a problem here".

Whatever they found in those 3 days was enough for Mueller to take on the case and immediately start sending out supoenas

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It isn't. We need to collectively remind ourselves of that from time to time.

After Nixon we made a bunch of rules to contain a criminal Executive. We will need to overwhelm the GOP or they'll come back with another Trump sooner or later.
The thing with Nixon tho is that he didnt have an entire fucking party and a Senate Majority Leader backing all his fucked up treasonous earth destroying shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Rumor that Trump might resign in exchange for a deal may end up being the next Nixon pardon.

Only way I accept that deal is if it includes removal of his entire administration, removal of all his judicial appointments including SCOTUS, removal of McConnell and all the GOP that actively protect him, and installing a dem controlled White House and senate.

Otherwise, hang the bitch for treason.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay aaaaand...? Of course he has/is. Next?

That closed door, no microphone session with Putin should have been more than enough.
I don't think the point of the article is that he is guilty, but rather that the FBI believed he could be based on the context of the Comey firing and their own intelligence and it was compelling enough to begin investigating immediately.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only way I accept that deal is if it includes removal of his entire administration, removal of all his judicial appointments including SCOTUS, removal of McConnell and all the GOP that actively protect him, and installing a dem controlled White House and senate.

Otherwise, hang the bitch for treason.

This administration and all of their "accomplishments" needs to be stricken from the record.