• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes 3 days wasnt that much time but what if what they found is so alarming and blatant that 3 days was all it took to call Mueller say "we got a problem here".

Whatever they found in those 3 days was enough for Mueller to take on the case and immediately start sending out supoenas
Afaik it was the Comey firing that prompted the special counsel investigation. Not any specific evidence from the 3-day investigation. You're basically guessing on that and presenting it as a fact. That's my point in replying to you.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true. (it is) he needs to be removed from office by any means necessary. We cant just keep going.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, to see that hair after a month in prison.
I'd be far more interested to see what happens to his skin when he has no tanning bed.
One month later...
Mad-Max-Fury-Road-The-Immortan-Joe-Hugh-Keays-Byrne.jpg

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Like police and service people trippinng over themselves to get an autographed maga hat?

these people would believe, and i mean believe, that they are protecting the country from the other side. It is a cult.

Mattis had some fucked up statements/beliefs. He stayed on with everything and just quit when the president went over his head. He didnt stay and defend america from this man. Knowing full well we wouldn't suddenly leave syria overnight, And it would continue to take years. Trump is a threat to democracy. Hes a 4 star general. And im sure he is not a one off.

I mean how does your personal experience, account for that? Honest question, not coming at you.

I get where you're coming from. And don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a very good portion of the military who agrees with the bullshit Trump spouts.

But, I truly believe that if push came to shove, there would not be a significant portion of the military willing to break their oaths and commit treason for someone like Trump.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Afaik it was the Comey firing that prompted the special counsel investigation. Not any specific evidence from the 3-day investigation. You're basically guessing on that and presenting it as a fact. That's my point in replying to you.
Broski, how the hell am I presenting it as fact if im using the words "what if" and "whatever". Those are words of opinion and should be read as such. Dont make what I say complicated here.

However reading the article from top to bottom you can basically summise what was going on.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I get where you're coming from. And don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a very good portion of the military who agrees with the bullshit Trump spouts.

But, I truly believe that if push came to shove, there would not be a significant portion of the military willing to break their oaths and commit treason for someone like Trump.

Too bad the military has long been infiltrated by KKK and Neonazis for many years now. Same with the police force.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...-to-get-weapons-training-20180209-p4yzs5.html

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
By itself this news is an unprecedented event in US history.

The President of the United States was under investigation by the FBI for working on behalf of Russia.

This is one for the history books. And yes, any other president should have, and would have resigned by now. I know the exercise is old and tired by this point, but imagine the same news broke in January 2011 but Obama was the target of the investigation? What do you think would have happened?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Yes 3 days wasnt that much time but what if what they found is so alarming and blatant that 3 days was all it took to call Mueller say "we got a problem here".

Whatever they found in those 3 days was enough for Mueller to take on the case and immediately start sending out supoenas
I guarantee Mueller was appointed because they realized the situation - opening a criminal and counterintelligence investigation into the president, who had just fired the fbi director overseeing the investigation into russian interference and any links to the president's campaign - merited a special counsel, and not because they found anything super damning in three days.

whitehawk

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I blew up at my Trump voting family members a few weeks ago.

I was thinking of apologizing, but I think I'll just sit back and watch this unfolf for them.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The secret service is already betraying their oath. It's to the Constitution, not the president.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Too bad the military has long been infiltrated by KKK and Neonazis for many years now. Same with the police force.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...-to-get-weapons-training-20180209-p4yzs5.html

Again, I don't deny that there are many people who agree with Trump/alt-right policies.

But, there is a vast rift between not liking black people and siding with an enemy of the state.

The secret service is already betraying their oath. It's to the Constitution, not the president.

I'm not entirely sure the SS would be privy to the same information as the IC.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again, I don't deny that there are many people who agree with Trump/alt-right policies.

But, there is a vast rift between not liking black people and siding with an enemy of the state.

I'm not entirely sure the SS would be privy to the same information as the IC.

He's trampling the Constitution in broad daylight.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
So now we know why Trump is keeping the shutdown going. He's hoping to keep their attention on shutdown, rather than this news.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Re: the Trump tweet - isn't the... isn't the entire point of opening an investigation to find proof of something? Then, if you find proof, or find no proof, the investigation ends. What is there to investigate if you already have the proof?

Edit: not that I should be expecting any kind of rational thought or common sense from this shit heel but still

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quit. My point is "oaths" don't really mean much to people.

The secret service guards many people and perform a few different functions. Violating the constitution is a matter handled by the courts. Do you think people should have resigned every time a piece of legislation or presidential decision was over-turned on constitutional grounds?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The secret service guards many people and perform a few different functions. Violating the constitution is a matter handled by the courts. Do you think people should have resigned every time a piece of legislation or presidential decision was over-turned on constitutional grounds?

I wouldn't have served GWB or Trump is all I'm saying. The poster talking about oaths wasn't talking about waiting for the courts to decide things. I'm not going to get into shit with you. Been there done that.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't have served GWB or Trump is all I'm saying. The poster talking about oaths wasn't talking about waiting for the courts to decide things. I'm not going to get into shit with you. Been there done that.

I think it's easy to speculate what you'd do when you're not in that position and you don't completely understand the role. Are agents being asked to violate the constitution?

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if posted already, but this good Twitter thread about this news. At the end there is something extra, what Obama did week before he left office...

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1083931796419563520

Gotta love that Obama twist at the end. Ok so this is a situation where they have everything, have been watching since day one, and have been waiting and building a case. Crossing every T, dotting every i kind of deal. Since this is all starting to come to light, are we nearing the beginning of the end?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if posted already, but this good Twitter thread about this news. At the end there is something extra, what Obama did week before he left office...

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1083931796419563520

I keep thinking back to what Obama did before he left regarding the exchange of information between the different branches. It's most likely been a key part of this entire investigation and whatever has been seen by the SC has been seen by some individuals in the FBI/NSA etc. Even if the SC is shut down the investigations into Trump will keep on trucking, either he goes down or his company gets taken down for various crimes.

But should Trump see something on Fox News about this executive order, could he realistically reverse it and stop communications in their tracks?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta love that Obama twist at the end. Ok so this is a situation where they have everything, have been watching since day one, and have been waiting and building a case. Crossing every T, dotting every i kind of deal. Since this is all starting to come to light, are we nearing the beginning of the end?

Yeah we're getting close I think. Mueller is going to drop a fuck ton of indictments all at once. If it's as bad as it seems I think he will indict trump himself, or present his findings to McConnel and Schumer, and if they don't tell him they will get the votes for an impeachment, he'll just indict him.

If Mueller tells McConnel Trump is a Russian asset, and he balks at all, you have to indict the fucker.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Of course it did. Many on here guessed this too.

Trump, you played yourself.

L M A O

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I can picture the moment in the trailer of the movie, a dejected Obama knows everything, Trump, the Russians, his legacy soon to be in tatters, he is a fallen hero. In the office of the head of the NSA, he sits there, staring at nothing. John Goodman, starring as the head of the NSA, leans close and tells him that it's not over. As his last act as President, Obama can still help make things right. Obama looks up, resolve returning to his eyes, the music soars...

THE AUDACITY OF HOPE.

THE INCREDIBLE TRUE STORY CHARTING THE RISE AND FALL OF TRUMP.

COMING FALL 2020.

IMAX TICKETS ON SALE THIS WEEKEND.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
But should Trump see something on Fox News about this executive order, could he realistically reverse it and stop communications in their tracks?

They could already share info. This just made it so they didn't have to be proactive; data is pooled for use. If Trump reversed it, they'd have to go back to the old way. I imagine that wouldn't hamper them much. They're not casting a net at this point. They know what data they are using.

Also: that EO would qualify as another count of obstruction, I would think.

I hope Mueller is almost done. I've said it before: Trump must be removed, or we, for all intents and purposes, don't have a functional government. If Trump doesn't qualify for removal, then no one ever will.