• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
I am not an expert so correct me if I say anything wrong, but according to the WP this was a dinner with donors in 2018 before Trump's involvement with the Ukraine pressure. So that makes even less sense. The idea that Trump was worried the Ukraine scandal would end him so he wanted her killed doesn't match the timeline. It's also a dinner with donors, presumably not all of them were mobster guys. I believe Trump hangs out with some shady donors but IDK about openly ordering for assassination in front of them. This wasn't just Rudy and the goons.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll let Amanda Carpenter (who in this fucked up reality has become a voice of reason. That THAT sink in) explain it.

The simple truth may be that Trump makes absolutely no distinction between government employees and outsiders. He doesn't recognize anything beyond whether or not they do his bidding. Hierarchies, jurisdictions, etc. are meaningless. It would explain a lot about how he operates, involving Giuliani in State Department issues, running his mouth about government actions to randos at Mar-a-Lago, etc.

All of that, of course, is still just one more reason that he is unfit for office.

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone please explain to me what is incriminating about this? I'm not doubting that it is since it is being treated like a big deal in the media but Trump does have the authority to fire an ambassador and he's not getting impeached for wanting to fire Yavonovitch. It does thoroughly kill any lies about Trump not knowing Parnas though.
It's for the reason he wanted her gone. Which is why he's in trouble. Holding up aid to Ukraine for his own personal gain.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
MSNBC just went to commercial break. They said they've listened to the tape and are going to have Parnas' lawyer on soon. Might be after the commercial break.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's for the reason he wanted her gone. Which is why he's in trouble. Holding up aid to Ukraine for his own personal gain.

No, this happened before he was putting pressure on Ukraine. This happened in 2018. According to Parnas they were riling Trump up, telling him that she was against him, wanted him impeached, and that's why Trump was mad. I don't think we know why Parnas wanted her gone in 2018.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
No, this happened before he was putting pressure on Ukraine. This happened in 2018. According to Parnas they were riling Trump up, telling him that she was against him, wanted him impeached, and that's why Trump was mad. I don't think we know why Parnas wanted her gone in 2018.

The Ukraine pressure started right after the 2016 election re: Manafort and discrediting Mueller.

The first thing Trump and co wanted was Firtash to allege that one of Mueller's prosecutors had tried to dangle a plea deal in exchange for damaging testimony against Trump. They also got Ukraine to stop their cooperation with the investigation into Manafort in exchange for a weapons shipment.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain to me what is incriminating about this? I'm not doubting that it is since it is being treated like a big deal in the media but Trump does have the authority to fire an ambassador and he's not getting impeached for wanting to fire Yavonovitch. It does thoroughly kill any lies about Trump not knowing Parnas though.

Can you tell me why he would ask Parnas to fire the ambassador?

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
The president of the United States telling a non government employee to take out the US Ambassador to Ukraine..

I WANT OFF THIS FUCKING CRAZY RIDE

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that this would bury anyone else but this shitstain has set the bar so low it doesn't even register.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Let's not ignore that even if he meant 'scare her to think someone is trying to kill her so she quits' is still all kinds of fucking illegal.

Oct 27, 2017
The tape literally has him talking to him and responding. How the hell do Republicans keep pretending he doesn't know him when it's all right in front of their eyes

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for an 4K video of Trump gesticulating wildly with a knife in hand yelling at a group of goons in ski masks wielding axes and AR15s to kill the fucking bitch as he jabs his finger into a blown up picture of the ambassador.

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
I just hurt my brain trying to what could possibly come out that would get the GOP to remove Trump from office.

This doesn't seem like it will move the needle.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just hurt my brain trying to what could possibly come out that would get the GOP to remove Trump from office.

This doesn't seem like it will move the needle.
The nature of Trump's movement is that of a runaway train. Blasting down the tracks without ever noticing the casualties. In this way that everything is a scandal, nothing is a scandal. GOP, an authoritarian party, have achieved their wet dream in Trump. They hold the power while their unwitting meat shield absorbs the shocks that accompany the type of profitable corruption they could only dream of some decades ago. They'll latch onto any possible excuse to weather this and save their meat shield. So yeah, needles not moving.

The real question is what they'll do when Trump is dust. They don't even know the answer to that themselves.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting for an 4K video of Trump gesticulating wildly with a knife in hand yelling at a group of goons in ski masks wielding axes and AR15s to kill the fucking bitch as he jabs his finger into a blown up picture of the ambassador.

The day after that

Trump tweet: Totally clears the president. Thank you.
Fox News: Desperate democrats are attacking our dear leader with more fake news.
Some "expert" in a panel on tv (probably CNN): hE DiDn'T rEaLly mEaN tHaT.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
If Trump was gonna have someone whacked (for his own personal reasons), well I think it'd almost be impossible for Trump to find anyone that (1) would even entertain this idea, (2) could actually pull it off and (3) would stay quite and/or lie (for Trump's benefit), no matter if they're captured or not.

At any rate, Trump suffers terribly from an enormous ego that ultimately does not serve him
well. He wanted Yovanovitch fired and humiliated. This happened with McCabe as well, although he did not freaking track him.

This behavior eventually just bites him in the ass. No legal repercussions, but juvenile, ugly behavior from a US President has the tendency to get people asking questions and here we are. At the very least it might help slow down Trump's political agenda somewhat.
Or he'll 'joke' about it until Russia helps

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I lied. So what? Everybody does it from time to time."

slsk

Oct 27, 2017
Why does it seem like everyone is recording everything all of the time? Isn't this stuff checked by physical security teams?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Why does it seem like everyone is recording everything all of the time? Isn't this stuff checked by physical security teams?

Everything surrounding Trump the last few years has been a spy bonanza. Foreign spies have gotten their hands on who knows even what. Not to say of what of Trump's convos get intercepted.

I think we can ascertain just from a couple of these hearings and witnesses that the Trump admin is the biggest threat to national security in this country's history (at least from a leak perspective).

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
This is chilling. This is bone chilling. The most powerful man in the world, telling a non-government employee to "take out" a respected Ambassador.

The scariest thing though, the GOP will just let this slide.

There is no more republic. Let it all burn.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Cross posting from poli-Era.

I think just as big a takeaway from the Parnas/Bondy tape (other than the Amb firing)
is that it's the first evidence of motive for the 2019 shakedown:

Trump was given a tentative timeline on how long Ukraine would last without US aid. A year before he made the unilateral decision to use that aid for extortion. The 2018 time point suddenly has new meaning.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The GoP stance is that it's OK to extort other nations with US taxpayer money, as long as it benefits the GoP and their political agenda.

That's why they won't impeach Trump.

And that's why this all just amounts to a political ad for the November election, in an environment where most people have already made up their minds on their politics years ago.

This country is fucked.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from poli-Era.

I think just as big a takeaway from the Parnas/Bondy tape (other than the Amb firing)
is that it's the first evidence of motive for the 2019 shakedown:

Trump was given a tentative timeline on how long Ukraine would last without US aid. A year before he made the unilateral decision to use that aid for extortion. The 2018 time point suddenly has new meaning.

Jesus christ

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So you're saying President Trump would just go in front of the press and lie?

Last edited:

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

because as you say, he could have fired her at any time. He didn't have to have his personal attorney and Ukrainian stooges bumbling around Ukraine with some drunk idiots to "get her out". He was once famous for saying "you're fired", but he couldn't just call her and fire her? He would have every right to fire whomever he wanted that serves at his pleasure, like diplomats.