• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
We're not even on Page 2 yet, y'all.

E: I'm too slow, apparently. The money and fame are great, but the grind to keep it coming in is no joke. Mental fatigue is a real thing.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
whining about sleep while having millions in the bank, what a poor guy

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Do people not realize he also travels often? Six hours and frequent traveling is quite different than just six hours.

PureLeaf

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
lol

*Ninja answers a question with a reasonable answer*

Era: Why is he bitching so much? Fuck Ninja.

Swauny Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's riding it while it's hot. He won't be able to do this forever. Once nobody cares about Fortnite what will he move on to??

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My thought is "who cares about a few hundred subscribers when you're making bank" at the level of these guys, but I guess it makes sense - he's gotta know the ride ends at some point. Go all-in now, make what you can, and hope you have a good cushion for the eventual crash.

If you're smart (and a real top-level streamer) you could be set for life after a few years of the grind. That's not a bad deal.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised he keeps such a hard schedule but I imagine he's very aware that internet fame can be a fickle thing.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I don't hate on Ninja but c'mon man, 5-6 hours is not THAT bad. I thought he was gonna say like he goes nights without sleep or something crazy like that. I get like 5-6 hours on average too and I also hate my alarm clock, the difference is everyone else has to go to an awful job not even making 6 figures while you roll out to your custom man cave and stream Fortnite for 8 hours and make more money in a day than I probably do in a year.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Shitting the thread up with nonsense. You could have just as easily not said anything.

I mean, someone went "poor little lamb" as the first post. That added zero value and shows the fellow didn't read the article.

On topic: My insomnia means I get 5- 6 hrs sleep daily. Not hard to survive on that, but it ain't healthy at all. He needs to take more breaks.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Streaming is something that, while looking cool on the outside, seems like an absolute nightmare to make your full time occupation.
Yeah, that's been my takeaway from him and others that have been interviewed. I know more than a few people who want to do this and it just seems so miserable. Kudos to those who can do it and not lose their passion though.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate on Ninja but c'mon man, 5-6 hours is not THAT bad. I thought he was gonna say like he goes nights without sleep or something crazy like that. I get like 5-6 hours on average too and I also hate my alarm clock, the difference is everyone else has to go to an awful job not even making 6 figures while you roll out to your custom man cave and stream Fortnite for 8 hours and make more money in a day than I probably do in a year.

5-6 is terrible imo. 7+ is a lot better, even better at 8.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
If I were in his position I'd quit now and live a life of luxury. I wonder what his game plan is in terms of how much money he wants to accumulate before he stops. That's the only question I wish someone would ask him.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's been my takeaway from him and others that have been interviewed. I know more than a few people who want to do this and it just seems so miserable. Kudos to those who can do it and not lose their passion though.
It's a big issue and I wish that there was some solutions that would come up that would make it better for streamers in general. It's not just ninja that is affected but every single person that streams.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Fuck man, I tried streaming once a week on sundays for four hours and it was the worst.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He should have enough money to retire and just enjoy life at this point, no?

He set his own rigorous schedule to hit his goals. He's gonna have to decide what's more important.

I definitely get it though. He probably should ride the wave for as long as he can. Doing what he does, being big tomorrow isn't a given.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say there is an issue with free time/vacation with the way Twitch subscriptions work. Going for a week not streaming means a week of lapsed subscriptions with minimal new or resubscriptions. But there definitely is good money to be made with less infringement on sleep/health. Be open and honest with your viewers about when you stream, create a healthy schedule and stick to it. When you get to a decent following there is no reason to stream for 10+ hours a day, except for greed.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I could give a shit about ninja but why couldn't he just post a new schedule for 2019 or something that gives him more time off for holidays and allows for more sleep

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure that's the issue. By making sure he gets every hour of play in he can while he's still big he's effectively NOT looking a gift horse in the mouth. He's maximizing his time at the top and thus maximizing profit.
Then what's the point of even doing it? I don't get devoting every waking hour to streaming at the expense of your heath. What's the point in maximizing profit if you're not giving yourself time to take advantage of the pay? You're right aboit the gift horse part, that's the opposite.

TheWickedSoul

Oct 26, 2017
Just take a break, seems like those viewers/subs come back eventually. Doesn't he have alot of money too so i bet he can afford to take a break.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Then what's the point of even doing it? I don't get devoting every waking hour to streaming at the expense of your heath. What's the point in maximizing profit if you're not giving yourself time to take advantage of the pay? You're right aboit the gift horse part, that's the opposite.

Because it's not going to last forever. Make the most of it while you can.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
He's asked a question. He answers question. ERA makes jokes about him whining.

Never change.

Oct 27, 2017
"New Year's Rockin' Eve" has a whole new meaning to it now. Curious to see how it is received, both on-line and in person.

I for one have had to sit through NYE shows with, like, Jenny McCarthy kissing strangers in Times Square. So there's definitely an open field to do better entertainment on New Year's Eve.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I were in his position I'd quit now and live a life of luxury. I wonder what his game plan is in terms of how much money he wants to accumulate before he stops. That's the only question I wish someone would ask him.
Seriously. Just buy some houses or apartments around the globe, some stock and live the good life. I'd immediately do that if I was in his position.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's dumb to correlate the natural ebb and flow of subscribers with mild variances in his schedule. Live a normal life, get all the sleep you want, and you'll probably still be able to make a living.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
Because eventually, you're not big anymore. At which point you have hopefully made enough money to retire and enjoy it all. I think in a past interview he said he has enough money to retire but is working to make enough so his overall family can be comfortable for the rest of their lives.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the guy is having to constantly stream or run the risk of losing subscribers, then he's gonna eventually burn out. It also highlights just how fickle the twitch audiences are.

It's not an easy job, yes it's a job, and it's why I didn't go down that route as I didn't like how inflexible it was.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's not going to last forever. Make the most of it while you can.
I Suppose. But man, I just can't put myself in the mindspace to sacrifice my health and social life, doing the same thing hours and hours and hours on end, 12 hours a day to live it up "someday". To each their own, but I like enjoying my life as it's happening.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Cant say i give a shit about what ninja wants.
Self inflicted schedule.
He can sleep 9 if he wants and hell be fine.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
User warned: Driveby, low effort post
I feel like there are lots of forces at work that are trying to make me know and care about who/what Ninja is/does?

Wajna

Nov 17, 2017
Does he stream at home or does he go somewhere else? I mean he just wakes up and chill a bit, eat breakfest in chillmode. Poor guy.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
The honeymoon comment is pretty darn sad, but that sleep complaint is so tepid.
I get 5-6 hours too before heading out for a pretty long commute to work; I would like more sleep too, and so would many many many more people that also have to get up for their jobs, that won't ever see the kind of money he makes.

Sorry, but if he was talking like <4 hours as the norm then I'd have some more sympathy, but 6 is not a big deal.

Last edited:

Anacaona

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most people in this thread know little or none about money management.
Would you quit working FOREVER if you had 10 million dollars?

Some of you are ridiculous