• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
He just needs to face reality, to have the "peak" level of viewers/subscribers, you have to be solely devoted to playing Fortnite and streaming the most time you can, otherwise if you want to live your life comfortably and retain sanity, you have to less, and sacrifice not getting subscribers and being "on top".

Any way, it's not like he is working like this and barely make ends meet, it's just perpetual wealth accumulation, he could've retired a long time ago already.

I work 8 hours a day as an engineer, he works 10 hours, and for those 2 extra hours he earns way, way, WAY, more than I do. How is his life any more difficult than anyone else working? Many people have to work the same, or more, and barely make it every month. I get that streaming is part entertaining others than just playing a game, so it can be tiring, I don't dismiss that, but come on it's nowhere near the level of stress and tax on your body and mind working jobs like emergency services, engineering projects with dead lines and dealing with clients who have hundreds of thousands of customers or government systems that depend on your work and time.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
He just needs to face reality, to have the "peak" level of viewers/subscribers, you have to be solely devoted to playing Fortnite and streaming the most time you can, otherwise if you want to live your life comfortably and retain sanity, you have to less, and sacrifice not getting subscribers and being "on top".

Any way, it's not like he is working like this and barely make ends meet, it's just perpetual wealth accumulation, he could've retired a long time ago already.

I work 8 hours a day as an engineer, he works 10 hours, and for those 2 extra hours he earns way, way, WAY, more than I do. How is his life any more difficult than anyone else working?
Difference between you and him is. He is trying to be super famous. If he didn't care about the fame outside of Twitch he wouldn't push as hard. He has already been on big talk shows and news segments. He wants it all. From movies to music(He recently dropped an album)He wants to be huge outside of Fortnite. It happens with celebrities all the time. No matter the field. Like musicians who want to be actors and vice versa. Same with fighters who want to be action stars. I can go on and on. Fame is one hell of a drug.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Journalist: "Is it tiring"
Ninja: "Yeah"
Gamers: "Fucking crybaby, go shove your millions where the sun don't shine"
As soon as I saw the title, I knew this was a quote probably taken out of context to make it look like he was just bitching because people here have a massive hate boner for the guy.

I mean look at the title of the thread. That is not a quote that's normally worthy of creating a new thread for.

"Gamer would like to get more sleep."

Really? This is news? But... since Ninja said it, we have an excuse to create a thread to shit on him. And maybe this is thread whining, but... that's all I see this as. I guess it's cathartic for some people I don't know. But it's funny that I see this thread right after that other thread titled "What's with all the negativity lately."

I don't know. That's a good question though.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He'd temporarily lose subscribers but I'm sure he could make those back once he started streaming again. It's not like a millionare like him would be in ruin if he lost some subscribers for a while.
I see this millionaire angle being thrown a lot in this thread.

Yes, I'm sure he loves his money, but he clearly is very competitive and that's part of his drive. He wants to be on top. He's a young and ambitious guy. It's more than just money for him clearly. Otherwise, he would buy some rental properties and businesses and chill.

I'm sure, in his mind, if he takes time off, that would give his competitors an in. He wants to be top Twitch streamer.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
The dude has a good work ethic that he is following. That isnt him whining or bitching. Era really is toxic sometimes.

It isnt about money for him. He used to play Halo professionally. To even get to that point he practiced halo 2 an unreal amount while also playing sports, getting straight As in school, and having a normal social life (and getting a girlfriend) in the midwest. Shooters and games are the mans passion. And he wanted to become famous playing them early on. Analogy; Ash Ketchum wanted to be a pokemon master. He made a shit ton of money along the way but his dream was to catch them all, not make money. He would definitely probably like more sleep, but he is going to push through that want to keep pursuing his real dream. He isnt going to retire cause hes already got quite a few pokemon and some money.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So would everyone else working full time. He's just bitching about being an adult.
Yeah but your job doesn't reduce your paycheck on your days off. Streaming's a crapshoot at times.

That said, he could easily undo any damage done by taking a break. Does seem annoying though

Marie

Oct 25, 2017
Well i mean it isn't fair. I'm struggling just to keep myself afloat. I'm struggling to wake up everyday. I just want to be happy for once.

I don't represent ERA. I'm my own goddamn person and my views are not popular here.

Lol? Is this a " I hate anybody that enjoying life because my life sucks" post?

Pro tip, you'll be happier not worrying about others and being less toxic/negative

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Lmao not even surprised at all the holier than thou posts it
"I work just as hard, if not harder, he shouldn't complain", "welcome to being an adult", "he makes enough money why is he complaining"
Shit is embarrassing. Everyone needs sleep and to each their own. I find it hard to be happy without at least 8 hours. He gave a simple answer to a simple question but you people can't have that.
He works hard and I wish him better sleep from now on