• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

des0lar

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/30/us/politics/paul-manafort-indicted.html

Paul Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were told to surrender to federal authorities Monday morning, the first charges in a special counsel investigation, according to a person involved in the case.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump's former campaign chairman, and Mr. Gates, a business associate of Mr. Manafort, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president's first year in office.

itshappening.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't heard of this Rick Gates before.

I don't think this will come as a surprise to Manafort, whether he can get away with it by offering something or just getting a lesser sentence, who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Also former business associate Rick Gates is listed in this indictment so that is probably where the multiple persons thing came from.

less

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be an exciting week.

Trump is going to go into full meltdown mode.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Just the first domino I hope.

Expect all the R's on capitol hill to go full steam crazy on Mueller stepping aside.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Here is what I don't understand

Everything seemed so blantant and out in the open with this shit... Did they always plan to get caught up?

What was the plan to get away with this shit?

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
When the FBI raids your home in a no-knock-raid and even photographs your expensive suits, you know you are fucked.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I'm glad some repercussions are finally being levied. I hope that Manafort will cooperate and everyone responsible for helping Russia muddy the political waters (or worse) will face the consequences.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Here is what I don't understand

Everything seemed so blantant and out in the open with this shit... Did they always plan to get caught up?

What was the plan to get away with this shit?

They probably never seriously expected Trump to win and were careless as hell. I imagine they thought that after the election no one would care about the Trump campaign.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder what the actual charges are going to be, and if Manafort has sufficient dirt on his previous employers to shave some years off his eventual jail term.

Status
Not open for further replies.