For US politics and election threads

julian

Oct 27, 2017
When I read the thread title I thought there was a specific "Stop the Steal" flag design that Alito was flying upside down. Instead it's just a normal American flag.

I'm sorry, why are we allowing the chuds to co-opt the act of flying the normal flag upside down? xP
Same reason we let them take over 👌for a while. 🤷‍♂️

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Same reason we let them take over 👌for a while. 🤷‍♂️
The thing is they're technically not divorcing the upside down flag from its intended meaning in order to create a dogwhistle. They're trying to signal they're in "great distress," even if the thing they're stressed about is basic reality. So I don't see the need to term this as a specific "Stop the Steal" symbol.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
The thing is they're technically not divorcing the upside down flag from its intended meaning in order to create a dogwhistle. They're trying to signal they're in "great distress," even if the thing they're stressed about is basic reality. So I don't see the need to term this as a specific "Stop the Steal" symbol.
Those were my first thoughts but reading further, they have indeed co-opted the act of flying the flag upside-down as a Stop The Steal symbol.

Oct 19, 2023

Neighbors say Alitos used security detail car to intimidate them after sign dispute

Did we mention how Alito's version of events don't mesh with the actual timeline? Because I feel that's important.

bafkreiflpj4aysr5bbx7p7c2gr3s56wbkzqrcv6kdr2b6hqcyvedoa2zpi@jpeg

It's sad these people throw away any appearance of integrity for Trump and lie about their behavior like journalists aren't going to do their jobs.