• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Side note I recommend folks read the replies to that initial tweet about Richards... cause it's not like I'm the only one who takes issue with it

You're on a public forum. Expect dissent. That said, I sincerely doubt I can convince you when you've really made up your mind. So I have nothing else to add, I guess.

What you said wasn't dissent it was thread whining.

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What they say is true. Shes worked and fought in a political area that is highly sensitive and controversial in America.

Idk why people keep expecting the Times to be some partisan paper. Its right in a profile like this to highlight the split.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't necessarily mind the angle of the piece itself, I get it, but yeah, their general editorializing can go fuck itself.
Finally unsubbed today and since they don't even have a cancel button, I had to undo the PayPal payment.

Shame, I like the crosswords.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
What they say is true. Shes worked and fought in a political area that is highly sensitive and controversial in America.

Idk why people keep expecting the Times to be some partisan paper. Its right in a profile like this to highlight the split.

It's a complete distortion of what the piece is about.

It'd be like writing a profile on say Bernie Sanders and his future plans as a Democrat by tweeting out "Some call him a hero some call him a cultural marxist" where in fact when you find that tiny section in the article it turns out to look like this:

Depending on whom you ask, the handsome 76-year-old is a national "hero" or a "cultural marxist" and "communist."

And it turns out clicking on cultural marxist and communist takes you to some random ass right wing nonsense sites citing tweets... Oh and also when you click Hero it also takes you to a random right wing site with a bit more crediblity

Which oh btw is exactly what this NYT piece did:

Her refrain that Planned Parenthood is apolitical will strike some as laughable. Depending on whom you ask, the elegant 60-year-old is a national "hero" or a "deeply evil woman" and "mass murderer."

Hero leads to The Washington Free Beacon (which in their defense the article is just a series of tweets and shit... but why use a conservative source for that)
Deeply Evil Woman leads to some random fucking nonsense site called Politics Liberty
Mass Murderer leads to a site called and I shit you not Church Militant

Why is the NYT directing traffic to far out right wing bullshit?

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I should have framed the OP around also asking why the NYT is driving traffic to sites like Church Militant and Politics Liberty and the Washington Free Beacon in profile about what Richards will be doing next.

Last edited:

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, linking to super right wing sites is a big red flag. Something is really going on at the Times. I know people can point to a lot of times where they have made questionable reporting, but I dunno, maybe I just haven't noticed it as much in the past as I am now, but it seems a lot different now. There's been a subtle, but rather large, shift in the NYTs.