• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

Now the Department of Health and Human Services is spearheading an effort to establish a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in education programs that receive government financial assistance, according to a memo obtained by The New York Times.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined "on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable." The agency's proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times.

"Sex means a person's status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth," the department proposed in the memo, which was drafted and has been circulating since last spring. "The sex listed on a person's birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person's sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence."

The new definition would essentially eradicate federal recognition of the estimated 1.4 million Americans who have opted to recognize themselves — surgically or otherwise — as a gender other than the one they were born into.

More at the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/...definition.html#click=https://t.co/qt5NrPgbM7

Last edited:

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2016-10-30t230209z_256443668_s1beukambhaa_rtrmadp_3_usa-election-trump_9fd42ab83209fe1755f0caf3812a39af.fit-760w.jpg

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a good thing there aren't any well documented cases of doctors mutilating and assigning sexes to babies with ambiguous genitalia.

That would be awkward

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Its so weird to me that they feel SO threatened by the idea of someone transgendered they'd go to such lengths. Are they scared that if they admit its a thing, they'll one day randomly switch the another gender or something? Urgh.

Benita

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
As much bullshit as has gone on in the last couple of years, I just simply dont see this as something that could happen.

Oct 27, 2017
These fucking cretins and their slavish followers want to lay administrative bombs for future Democrats, in hopes of slowing inevitable change.

It's an ephemeral bloody rag to excite the Bible-thumping troglodytes this election, because it can unilaterally be reversed by the next Dem Executive, but will cause serious pain and added costs for the trogs perceived enemies.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can't wait to hear some half added defending like "they'll still exist, just not legally"

Its so weird to me that they feel SO threatened by the idea of someone transgendered they'd go to such lengths. Are they scared that if they admit its a thing, they'll one day randomly switch the another gender or something? Urgh.
going to such lengths right now is probably a midterms move

Last edited:

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much bullshit as has gone on in the last couple of years, I just simply dont see this as something that could happen.

Then you need to actually educate yourself on what the Trump administration has been doing to the LGBT community, specially the transgender one the entire time. The article covers some of the protections they've rolled back already.

And can you guys stop posting that stupid flag already? Like, we get it. He held the flag, but its not like we're the ones who voted for him here, and we knew he wasn't going to help us in any way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And can you guys stop posting that stupid flag already? Like, we get it. He held the flag, but its not like we're the ones who voted for him here, and we knew he wasn't going to help us in any way.
It's jot meant to represent the people here in this forum. It's to show the duplicitous nature of this man and everyone he represents. Talks out of one side of his mouth and will rob you of your life in the next breath. How anyone can ever trust or believe him, I dunno.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's jot meant to represent the people here in this forum. It's to show the duplicitous nature of this man and everyone he represents. Talks out of one side of his mouth and will rob you of your life in the next breath. How anyone can ever trust or believe him, I dunno.

I mean, yeah. But its kind of old and is talking about the support he got from a handful of LGBT people, and I'm more focused on how this is going to open up discrimination and possibly making it impossible to change gender markers than comments about Trump himself. I dunno, I'm probably just being a little no fun allowed because this is kind of concerning for me.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
My co-worker sent another co-worker of ours who is a lesbian the Trump with the Rainbow Flag and said "See, he cares about you!" At the time I told my lesbian co-worker it was straight bullshit and don't buy it. Remember this was the guy that at first play hugged the American flag, but it got such a huge applause from the MAGA-heads whot thought he was being serious he leaned into it hard and started doing it on all his campaign stops with the whole "No one loves the flag more than me" red meat they love.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Boy stuff like this sure makes me excited to start my transition.

Gaaaaaaaaahhhh

Deleted member 20850

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, yeah. But its kind of old and is talking about the support he got from a handful of LGBT people, and I'm more focused on how this is going to open up discrimination and possibly making it impossible to change gender markers than comments about Trump himself. I dunno, I'm probably just being a little no fun allowed because this is kind of concerning for me.

Since it says like on the birth certificate as "originally issued" not only would they prevent a change, it sounds like they would even change it back for those who went through that process.

This is very troubling news.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since it says like on the birth certificate as "originally issued" not only would they prevent a change, it sounds like they would even change it back for those who went through that process.

This is very troubling news.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about as well. Like, I haven't managed to change all of that information yet, but I'm not sure if there's much point in even rushing it through right now?

OP
OP

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hear you. I've removed the image because you're right, it's about listening to how that makes you feel. Not about how I interpret this. Thanks for explaining.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Any Trump supporters on the forum wanna comment on this story? Would love to get your thoughts.

Come on, we all know that's bait. They know if they post something they will get 20 alerts from being quoted, get followed around the site because they are now labeled by other posters, and the end result is they either are banned or will need a new account.

If a Trump supporter wants to out themselves and post they will, no need to bait them. There are plenty of topics here they can post in besides ones dealing with politics.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate that fucking photo. This is awful news from an awful administration. Screw civility, not when so many people and so much of our humanity is on the line.

Deleted member 20850

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do they care about this so much? It's 1.4 million people in a country of 330 million. Just leave them alone !

They hate everything lbgt and trans people are the easiest target at the moment. They will come for the rest if given the chance.

If you are any minority or a woman you probably have reason to be concerned by now.

Mcspooky

Oct 26, 2017
In my town someone had put up a wooden cutout of a "trump lgbt train" or something of that effect after his election. I wonder how they feel about him now.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty lame that the OP article doesn't mention intersex people at all, which this move also fucks. But yeah, the Trump admin is full of scumbags. Hope this can get challenged in court somehow.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
I have feeling this wouldn't be as permanent as they'd think. Also, this feels like something coming from Stephen Miller specifically. He seems to be behind the most evil shit coming from the administration.