• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.

The shifting narrative underscores the degree to which Mr. Trump regularly picks and chooses intelligence to suit his political purposes. That has never been more clear than this week.

More info in the article
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/world/europe/trump-intelligence-russian-election-meddling-.html

less

Oct 25, 2017
RIP to the top secret, source.

Likely dead due to completely natural reasons.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care who you are, how you lean politically, or whatever fucked up things you may or may not believe; there's no way anyone can say that Donald Trump is not a traitorous fuck to the entire nation.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone with a Fox News watching relative knows this is pointless to these people.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care who you are, how you lean politically, or whatever fucked up things you may or may not believe; there's no way anyone can say that Donald Trump is not a traitorous fuck to the entire nation.

They can if they define the entire nation as "only white people." Which 60 million Americans will.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was very irresponsible of Vlad to let that happen on his watch but he is my best friend so it'd be impolite of me to be too hard on him about it. He's a good guy.

The best part of all of this is that it's not recent, it's from two weeks before his inauguration. Still, Trump has been an unfailingly loyal friend to Russia.

But you know...

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's ego is so out of control that he has to try to diminish Putin's role in the cyber attacks because admitting Russia actively tried to sway or swayed the election means that his legitimacy is in question. it's why he tried to blame the popular vote loss on imaginary voter fraud. The guys is certifiable and needs mental help.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
If they know that, they must have proofs of conspiracy against the US involving Trump.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe he had a report literally shown to him that Putin ordered the hacking more than a year ago and he still looked like a miserable coward this week. Whatever Russia has on him has to be monumentally huge.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I read this article just a little while ago, its quite damning. It does feel like this week is doing a good bit of damage to Trump's image among his less die hard supporters, some vocal ones seem to be backing away.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So what if he knew. There was no collusion between the two! And he is protecting us from future attacks, he says on Twitter, and also Putin isn't even trying to do this anymore so it's fine! Also Hillary Clinton isn't the president and I can afford a Costco membership now so who really cares.

This is sarcasm by the way, in case I didn't lay it on thick enough.

Last edited:

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Why is Trump not impeached

Trump can do anything and everything so long as Republicans wish to cling to power and refuse to hold him accountable for the things he says and the things he does.
NOTHING is an impeachable offense... until Democrats take back control.

NEVER forget this until the day you die... Trump is both a traitor to America and the face of the Republican Party. As such, any Republican - until that party is destroyed and expunged - is a traitor to their country as well... because they are either bought with Russian money or complicit in allowing it to happen. Period.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I pity those who are lactose intolerant. All these scoops must be doing a number on their digestive systems.