• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
If there's any justice the CIA will have secretly fed a piece of very specific bogus intel to Trump to see if it makes its way back to Russia.

Now that would be something. That kind of thing is indeed done sometimes to root out moles.

If that DID happen, it would not shock me a bit to see Trump say "The phony and corrupt DEEP STATE entrapped me into giving Putin FAKE information about National Security issues that are in both our countries' interests. Sad!"

....And his supporters will slurp up every word, like good little morons.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now that other agencies are confirming it, this should start to blow up.

It will because other news agencies will not run with a story unless they can independently verify it, which is why it didn't blow up quite as much.

I think more news is coming the next two days, though. So we'll see.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Trump is feeling those walls closing in pretty tight now I imagine

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
How on Earth does anyone in the US sleep at night with such a dangerously corrupt individual in charge of their country?

You get two stories.

One is of concern and fear that not only Trump, but the GOP itself has sold itself out to bidders, even if they're foreign countries.

The other is assuming things in this country are truly being restored by empty propaganda remarks that liberate the masses.

Where do you think Trump fans sit?

Oct 25, 2017
Did it? There's bi-partisan outrage, sure, but when has that led to anything besides lip service and threats?

VOTE

Well yea vote. I'm not saying he's about to be impeached. But this whole thing has kicked into 2nd gear. I think you're going to see more mobilization. Think of it this way. Death by a 1000 cuts.

Like someone said. This November we'll see just how much people care.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there's any justice the CIA will have secretly fed a piece of very specific bogus intel to Trump to see if it makes its way back to Russia.

You know I just realized American assets in Russia must be constantly shitting bricks. Imagine not knowing if the president of the country you are working for is gonna sell you out or not.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Well yea vote. I'm not saying he's about to be impeached. But this whole thing has kicked into 2nd gear. I think you're going to see more mobilization. Think of it this way. Death by a 1000 cuts.

Like someone said. This November we'll see just how much people care.
My mistake—I didn't mean you specifically, I just get frustrated when people assume change is coming because #treason is trending. Politicians have shown themselves to be complacent with Trump's horrific offenses; it's up to us.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, Bill Clinton's impeachment was recommended by Ken Star NOT because he had an affair with Monica Lewinsky, it was because he LIED to the American public about it. Ken Starr was on CNN recently and said that misleading the american people was an impeachable offense.

By that logic, this is far far worse since Bill was only lying about his personal life. This guy is lying about an attack on Elections by our biggest adversary.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, Bill Clinton's impeachment was recommended by Ken Star NOT because he had an affair with Monica Lewinsky, it was because he LIED to the American public about it. Ken Starr was on CNN recently and said that misleading the american people was an impeachable offense.

By that logic, this is far far worse since Bill was only lying about his personal life. This guy is lying about an attack on Elections by our biggest adversary.

Impeachment was always stupid over that, but Republicans were desperate to get something on a popular president, and essentially made it harder to impeach for real cases in the future because they used on something that was more of a conduct issue.

They should have just passed a resolution condemning Bill for the behavior and be done with it. They would have gotten conservative Democrats to vote for it, too.

The irony is that it was intentional to try and keep Bill from transferring his popularity to any future candidate which worked because Gore had to distance himself, and then they get Bush in and he had negative endorsement power once he left office just from his own actions.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Reading polls is very interesting. A recent Axios poll which took place after the meeting with Putin shows that 40% approve of how Trump handled the situation. 80% of Republicans, 34% of independents and 8% of Democrats approve. I expected lower numbers tbh.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xPptjIZyzZVxPLXQmDdf1GQo93UX2lPd/view?stream=top
One can hope that the number of Republicans has shrunk, accounting for the sustained high percentages of support in his party.

The disapproval by independents could indicate this.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Just like poker: ~40% of the electorate are partisan traitors betting the other 60% won't call their bluff because doing so would likely start a war.

The softness of patriots is being used as a weapon against them.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a compilation of all the times Trump has tried to discredit the Russia investigation? Knowing what we know now, it's really, really damning to see him try to clear Russia of any involvement since his election.