• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Leland Palmer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They never would, because that unshakable 30-35% cohort of deplorables keeping them in power couldn't care less about Mike Pence.

Whether they like it or not, the GOP is the party of Trump, and whatever turnout, legitimacy, or money they're hoping for go with him.

(Also, they're all caught up in the NRA's tendrils, and by proxy Russia, but that's a scandal for another day)
that sounds terrible but probably true :(

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
At this point I almost feel like the Treason Summit was a trap

Definitely. If not by Putin deciding to go all-in on making Trump a fool, then by everyone else for letting it happen & contradicting every lie he's spewed.

I have to wonder where the tipping point is for the GOP with Trump. Like surely they've all thought about the fact that they could easily impeach Trump and then just prop up Pence to be a figurehead who would stamp anything they put across his desk. He's way more pliable than Trump.

Like honestly throughout this whole scandal I don't think I ever see Pence being brought up anywhere close to any of this. They could get rid of Trump and have a 100% clean puppet of their own to play with.

Pence was aware of Manafort's meetings he denied having. At this point, it's looking like at least several prominent GOP members are somewhere on the pegboards. Between that & the fact Trump himself is more popular than the party, they don't want to risk exposing any of their members' crimes or losing any voters by breaking ranks.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all surprising he was told that far back. He knows full well all the work that went into helping him get elected.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In March, the Department of Homeland Security declared that Russia was targeting the American electric power grid, continuing to riddle it with malware that could be used to manipulate or shut down critical control systems. Intelligence officials have described it to Congress as a chief threat to American security.

W
H
E
W

This makes me nervous.

Even if there's a blue wave, Trump gets impeached, and everything flips, including the presidency in 2020... what's next? The pay per view event?

USA vs Russia

How does one come back from this? It's a complete assault on our country, our democracy, everything.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Putin continuing to prove he's the smartest guy in the room when Trump walks in. He's laughing his fucking ass off at how pathetic this whole situation has made us.

Congratulations GOP, I hope your party and our nation was worth the rubles.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Putin continuing to prove he's the smartest guy in the room when Trump walks in. He's laughing his fucking ass off at how pathetic this whole situation has made us.

Congratulations GOP, I hope your party and our nation was worth the rubles.

In the end, Russia can just dump all the information they have on ... A countless number of our politicians and watch us burn

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is not just compromised from any illegal sexual activities he may have done with minors. Russian oligarchs and state actors are his financiers. They can collapse his empire in one fell swoop by taking away the money.

It's always been about access to Russian money to keep his business and lifestyle in place. Without the money, he has no power and influence. Without power and influence, he is vulnerable to be accountable for his crimes.

Trump is the most compromised motherfucker walking this earth. And he is running the United States.

I imagine his family is compromised too. If the Russians turn on him, his whole family is going down.

He may be all ego, but he may also be acting from a place of survival value. But let's not give him sympathy: when he was too toxic of an asset in America when we were giving people homes they couldn't afford in the 1990s, he chose to warm up to the Russians for money. They've likely had him from the fuckin' start.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I've thought that they are gonna wait till two years so pence has the chance for two full seasons or whatever they call it there

If a vice president finishes out another president's term and it's less than two years he can be elected to another two terms, so if that was the goal they'd just need to keep him around until the end of January 2019.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is some heavy shit and i'm seeing it work through the twitter sphere. They are expecting severe repercussions.

ezrarh

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, pretty sure everything in the Steele dossier is true. And since everything the Republicans do is projection, perhaps the pizzagate thing is true but it's the Republicans that are caught up in a child sex ring and the Russians have dirt on them. There's gotta some extreme kompromat on Trump and many Republicans for this to keep going as it is.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I could've sworn this was known. Didn't Obama mention that they were both briefed with this info?

We knew he was briefed on election meddling, and Russia working to influence the US election via Twitter boys at an absolute minimum was known to anyone paying attention anyway. This states that he was informed with highly credible evidence that Putin specifically oversaw the meddling, and he's been going to bat for Putin while throwing the Iac under the bus for his entire administration.

I'm wondering why NYT would drop this so late. This is a big one.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We are at war with Russia and our own despicable traitor of a President because stupid fucking Americans either hate voting and/or are idiots and racists. What a time to be alive.

I would love to see a Congress that qualifies Russia's actions as acts of war, because then we can get real real. Full NATO support and sanctions that spill off the pages. Shut them the fuck out from everything.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure CNN will be covering this tomorrow. I don't see how a story like this doesn't kick off the morning new circuit.

Donald Trump at this point. Is a traitor the United States.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
The reason why other news networks are not carrying this is that they want to get it verified by their own sources first. That's how this always works.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We are at war with Russia and our own despicable traitor of a President because stupid fucking Americans either hate voting and/or are idiots and racists. What a time to be alive.

I would love to see a Congress that qualifies Russia's actions as acts of war, because then we can get real real. Full NATO support and sanctions that spill off the pages. Shut them the fuck out from everything.

Talk like this gets my blood flowing. We need a new chapter to this book.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I understand, but MSNBC was on this immediately and CNN still doesn't even have it on their website. I guess they are being thorough.
MSNBC, presumably I haven't seen their reporting, has either confirmed it already or is in the process of doing so and is reasonably sure they'll get it.

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
Even if there's a blue wave, Trump gets impeached, and everything flips, including the presidency in 2020... what's next? The pay per view event?

USA vs Russia

How does one come back from this? It's a complete assault on our country, our democracy, everything.
Destroy them economically. Arm Ukrainians. Counter every move they make on the world stage. Punish Russian allies. We also need to seriously invest in missle systems and nuclear armament. I don't want a single Russian ship or plane to go anywhere without an American force waiting nearby.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
How will FoxNews spin this?

They'll probably just claim that the American government is threatening the constitution by trying to destroy the Presidency as part of some evil Affirmative Action initiative to give more rights to minorities, and that only Russia can save America, now that it's been compromised by Libtards and illegal immigrants.

Oct 25, 2017
We knew he was briefed on election meddling, and Russia working to influence the US election via Twitter boys at an absolute minimum was known to anyone paying attention anyway. This states that he was informed with highly credible evidence that Putin specifically oversaw the meddling, and he's been going to bat for Putin while throwing the Iac under the bus for his entire administration.

I'm wondering why NYT would drop this so late. This is a big one.

Yup. This isn't even trending on twitter. People most likely are sleep or winding down. I'm seeing some of the usual people talk about it on twitter, but the story dropped kinda late.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
So he's been lying all this time and endangering the country? Well, I'm sure now people will have had enough. Any moment now.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. This isn't even trending on twitter. People most likely are sleep or winding down. I'm seeing some of the usual people talk about it on twitter, but the story dropped kinda late.

Assuming if NYT is willing to drop a bombshell like this, at this time, they want to do it before other bombs hit.

It's only Wednesday y'all. We always get the biggest hits on Friday.

Because Republicans are complicit

I feel bad when I have to explain this to my SO. Nothing will be done because Republicans control our government and they're all complicit.