• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Baffles me that anyone can look at the state of this country and think " JOE BIDEN is what we need!!" We should strive for the BEST

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
I would ask why he saddled us with a shit healthcare system, and bombed the shit out of brown people .

Man how could you forget that he let WALL STREET off the hook and BAILED OUT THE BANKS? You nearly had the triple going!
Cool, so when Trump beats Warren with the "Pocahontas" card and replaces RBG with the LITERAL HANDMAID, I guess we can say we tried.
Like nobody cares enough to keep that in the news, unless she's had a paper trail going back decades trying the same shit so the media can leak it but by bit. Mass media feeds what we're already going to buy, it's why Trump (and the emails!) was such a hit.
Isn't it a real possibility that a weak democratic President will just pave the way for Trump 2.0 in 2024?

We're living in dangerous times and drastic measures are necessary to right the ship and I really don't see someone like Biden taking these measures.

A strong one will too. It literally doesn't matter. Obama left office with great approvals and a humming economy, but after 8 years we should give the other party a chance even if they're full of autocratic racists. It's the nature of the 2 party system, eventually the other party will win. The president is already an open racist, hard to imagine what's next.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
subtext:

6KsQfin.gif

PASS THE DAMN TORCH JOE!

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Or maybe we should stop calling supporters of politicians that are closely aligned to our ideologies names because they have a slightly different preference, especially since our head canon about them isn't true.

one can dream ;)
Sadly we don't live in that would instead people give groups of people childish nicknames

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
"Mr. Biden — who thinks he could have defeated Donald Trump four years ago — responded by telling Mr. Obama he could never forgive himself if he turned down a second shot at Mr. Trump."

Someone should tell Joseph that this is real life, not some corny anime or 80s movie. Donald Trump isn't a fictional supervillain, his presidency a product of America's long history of loud mouthed bigotry.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Hillary wasn't able to do it.

The male version of Hillary won't either.
A Hardworking man who's wife and daughter died in a car crash and then surviving child died from brain cancer would have beaten Trump in 2016. Look at Hillary's margins and tell me he wouldn't have won those rust belt states.

He old. It's bad. Obama remains one of my favorite people in this world. He doesn't want Joe's legacy to be tarnished. This board wants him to be tarred and feathered for dearing to exist.

Again, I'm trying to disengage from Era politics, but this article hits. Obama's out here looking out for his homie and I feel bad for how he's been treated.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Trump will call him "Creepy Joe" at every opportunity and destroy him. The fact Donald "Grab em by the pussy" Trump says this will have no discernible negative impact on Trump because he's the universal equivalent of water off a duck's back apparently to American voters.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Trump will call him "Creepy Joe" at every opportunity and destroy him. The fact Donald "Grab em by the pussy" Trump says this will have no discernible negative impact on Trump because he's the universal equivalent of water off a duck's back apparently to American voters.
Joe is the perfect candidate from Trump's perspective.
The speeches write themselves "Creepy Joe? Nasty, nasty guy I tell you. You have seen him kissing those little girls? Nasty just nasty, who the hell would want that in White House?."

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Hardworking man who's wife and daughter died in a car crash and then surviving child died from brain cancer would have beaten Trump in 2016. Look at Hillary's margins and tell me he wouldn't have won those rust belt states.

He old. It's bad. Obama remains one of my favorite people in this world. He doesn't want Joe's legacy to be tarnished. This board wants him to be tarred and feathered for dearing to exist.

Again, I'm trying to disengage from Era politics, but this article hits. Obama's out here looking out for his homie and I feel bad for how he's been treated.

I don't think bad of the man, but tell me why the rust belt states would have voted the vice president of the administration that let them down (in their eyes)?

Trump is argeably a trash human being, which everything he accomplished in life was due to his money/class heritage: he won. People don't care about the person itself, they care if they can give them what they want, that's why they voted Trump even if he showed time and time again he's a much worse person that someone like Biden or even Hillary for that matter.

Oct 29, 2017
Its quite obvious that Biden running is not a result of any grand plan or vision, but rather because he simply has the unearned name recognition left over from Obama and he thinks the Presidency is a good feather in the cap. For all of the talk of egotism, his is probably one of the biggest in this race

It's the same baldfaced entitlement that drove Hilary to run without any real reason to do so besides "electability". In some ways, however, he's an even worse candidate that she was.

Yet despite his many, MANY glaring flaws in both his record and his campaigning style, the media and many voters are putting him on a pedestal because of his proximity to Obama despite A) that connection doing fuck all for Hilary and B) a crapton of better, more likeable candidates running as well--some of whom Biden's own "supporters" say they would vote for if they actually had a spine.

The common argument is that people who prefer Biden are going with their heads, not their hearts. An odd claim given the amount of willful ignorance and needle threading they need to justify that argument.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think bad of the man, but tell me why the rust belt states would have voted the vice president of the administration that let them down (in their eyes)?

Trump is argeably a trash human being, which everything he accomplished in life was due to his money/class heritage: he won. People don't care about the person itself, they care if they can give them what they want, that's why they voted Trump even if he showed time and time again he's a much worse person that someone like Biden or even Hillary for that matter.
Because Hillary nearly won those states and Biden wouldn't have been faced with the rampant sexism that prevented a Clinton presidency.

Trump exists for the same reason Bernie is a household name. Clinton was a very polarizing candidate.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
The problem with Biden debating Trump is not that he doesn't "have enough ammunition", but because he is terrible at debating, and especially slugging it out with an opponent who doesn't care about differentiating between personal and policy attacks.

In the democratic debates where Biden was "ganged up on" (by mostly pointing out facts about him) he stumbled around, tripped over his words, "I knew Obama":ed, and even yielded his time on a couple of occasions (in a weird "yeah, ok, I give up":kind of way.)

This is how he fared when fighting - sparring, really - in a (sorta) high-pressure situation with members of his own party, who you know won't absolutelty jump for the jugular the way Trump would on his first try.

Trump will call Biden a low-energy, racist, abuser of girls the first opportunity he gets, and decorum-Biden will do the above; stumble around, trip over his words, I knew Obama, etc.

It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. That string of accusations could easily be turned back on Trump, which Biden won't, because that wouldn't be very West Wing of him to do, and that fantasy of decency, decorum and carefully laid out, meaningful speeches that definitely work, is too precious for him to ever deviate from. Regardless of how true or dirty the attacks from your opponent are, you have to be able to bob and weave around them.

When Biden has sparred on-stage so far in the democratic debates - ostensibly with colleagues of his - the result wasn't some high-octane West Wing "feeling-my-fantasy-right-now". It was tired, stumbling, go-easy-on-me-will-ya, "I was Obama-adjacent", "yeah ok I don't feel like responding to this anymore, I yield my time". It was the absence of both bobbing and weaving.

I can see people buying into the idea that Biden is somehow "the most electable" (a very elastic concept) for various resons (pure or not), but I really can't see how anyone can look at Biden's 2019 performance and honestly conclude that this guy is - for sure - going to destroy Trump in a debate (for what that's worth).

Mar 9, 2018
I don't care what you intolerant people say about Uncle Joe.

He's still inspiring to me. I love the fire he brings.

I loved how in the debates, he said something that many candidates including St. Bernard Birdy Bertie Birdo Bubsy Sandernista refused to say. And that was, [inaudible mumbling].

The man's still got it.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No one wants Joe tarred and feathered. In comparison to politicians in his generation, Joe Biden is above average. He's done plenty of good over his years, but also a lot of bad. We just don't want him to be president.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Meanwhile, Warren keeps climbing...

This; I'll take her over Biden, as she will make sure that a lot of shit gets done as a progressive Democrat.

Joe is the perfect candidate from Trump's perspective.

The speeches write themselves "Creepy Joe? Nasty, nasty guy I tell you. You have seen him kissing those little girls? Nasty just nasty, who the hell would want that in White House?."

And Biden should call Trump out on his hypocrisy, in which he has raped a 13-year-old girl & forced her to keep quiet by dropping the lawsuit against him.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone even excited to vote Biden? It's either the "I'm voting him because other people will vote for him" or a return to normalcy. It makes me worry about turnout.

Feb 10, 2018
I don't understand this quote

"Biden told us that Obama had called him and told him sharply that he didn't need public tutoring: 'I don't need you acting like you're my Henry Higgins,'"

Obama told Joe that he did not need public tutoring from Joe?

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone even excited to vote Biden? It's either the "I'm voting him because other people will vote for him" or a return to normalcy. It makes me worry about turnout.

You're asking the wrong people. ERA skews younger, anti-establishment, less partisan identity. There's going to be a whole lot of people on this forum that are either totally too young or not in-tune with politics back during his 2008 and 2012 VP debates. He earned a reputation for being the down-to-earth guy that fights for the working class. He's also not taking any widely-unpopular positions during the primary and debates.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this quote

"Biden told us that Obama had called him and told him sharply that he didn't need public tutoring: 'I don't need you acting like you're my Henry Higgins,'"

Obama told Joe that he did not need public tutoring from Joe?
It sounds like Biden tried to mentor him maybe he was condescending then Obama called to tell him essentially " SIT THE FUCK DOWN"

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
The only ones that have a shot is Biden and Warren and right now the second looks SO MUCH stronger than Biden.

Bernie is my love though, he's just too far away for most people.

OP
OP
Tracygill

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
It sounds like Biden tried to mentor him maybe he was condescending then Obama called to tell him essentially " SIT THE FUCK DOWN"

Biden had committed a gaffe in the final days of the campaign, saying it was likely that a country hostile to the United States would purposely take action to test Obama's foreign-policy mettle in the first six months of his presidency. Biden told us that Obama had called him and told him sharply that he didn't need public tutoring: "I don't need you acting like you're my Henry Higgins." Biden said his private reaction was, "Whoa. Where did this come from? This is clearly a guy who could restrict my role to attending state funerals or just put me in a closet for four years." Biden added: "I'm going to have to earn his trust, but I'm not going to grovel to this guy. My manhood is not negotiable." It was heady stuff for me.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is inside baseball kind of stuff, but Obama's belief after 2008 that Hillary Clinton was an impressive individual that he should make his Secretary of State - which would give her the gravitas needed to have a cleared field in 2016 - will always be a huge mistake. I remember many commentators at the time comprehended that his decision to make her SoS would basically anoint her as his successor when his two terms are up, and many thought it was a mistake. I felt it was a mistake, I thought we were done with the Clintons, but Obama gave them the whole store. If Obama had to do that for anyone, Joe Biden would have been the better choice. Hillary had her own brand, but Joe Biden in 2016 would have been a de facto choice on whether Obama deserved a third term, and Obama had the good economy and personal popularity to win that argument.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty much what I got from Obama yet era wanna twist it like it's a bad thing Obama spoke to Biden before running. Man era politics gives me a good laugh sometimes.

Oct 27, 2017
You're asking the wrong people. ERA skews younger, anti-establishment, less partisan identity. There's going to be a whole lot of people on this forum that are either totally too young or not in-tune with politics back during his 2008 and 2012 VP debates. He earned a reputation for being the down-to-earth guy that fights for the working class. He's also not taking any widely-unpopular positions during the primary and debates.
Isn't the average age on Era in the 30s?Plenty of people remember his previous VP debates and can tell he's lost his edge since then.