• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
it's great that they're still making games better, 15 years after they come out, and you don't have to re-buy them.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to hear what "other Bethesda games" they're talking about!

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
crazy day, I will be in analysis paralysis as to which game I want to play tomorrow....

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Did they say when? Now? Later? I have a Series X, and just recently bought the 360 version on disc after having finished Skyrim and its expansions on Switch.

Edit: Judging by the responses above, it's tomorrow. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Never played an Elder Scrolls game before. Really looking forward to trying out some Bethesda stuff. I dont think I have ever played a single Bethesda game besides Doom 2016 for like 5 minutes.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I might have spaced out for a beat, but I thought it was just saying that some of the Game Pass titles are going to get that support. That something specific like Oblivion wasn't mentioned.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Oblivion already 60fps on Xbox One X ? It sure as hell didn't feel like 30fps.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That is fantastic.
They could literally boost the whole 360 library to 60fps.
Great that this title already has a 4K enhancement.

I hope they will give other, not yet enhanced games a whole enhancement tho with 4K and FPS boost.

We have yet to see if they still even have the res boost approach at all or if it's FPS only from here on......

Oct 29, 2017
Really ? I originally played the game on 360 so maybe I was just thrown by playing it at a locked 30 haha. 60fps Oblivion ! Give me a date and I may have to consider picking up a Series X/S sooner rather than later.

It's been a while but I feel like the framerate on Xbox 360 was quite bad. Also Xbox One BC eliminates screen tearing which results in a much smoother feel.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has the random loading been eliminated since 360?

I I remember playing it on that system and having it randomly pause to load while traversing the overworld.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like the right time to tell you all that Oblivion is the best game in the series and one of the best RPGs of all time.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
120 would be awesome. The hardware is certainly capable but who knows if the engine can support it.
I'm not sure it can. Going above 60 on PC made parts of the game start running faster. You could fix it with INI tweaks, but it was kind of a pain, I ended up just capping the game to 60. I don't think they actually fixed it until Fallout 4. Unless I did those tweaks and forgot about it...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Xbox peeps that have never played an Elder Scrolls game before are in for a treat. Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are all master class. I hope they add in Oblivion mod support on consoles too. Some really cool mods for Oblivion that I wish more people could try.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Definitely getting an Xbox at some point just to replay Oblivion. I would just get it on Steam but Oblivion doesn't have controller support on PC which is baffling. They already designed a controller UI for the console versions of the game and yet it was omitted from the PC version. It's not like the game came out in 1996.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Can they increase the draw distance too. It's so jarring to watch foliage rendering in a 15ft circle around you.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
An interesting trivia about Oblivion for Xbox 360 is that, being a launch title, was badly optimised and utilized on,y one core of the 3-cores CPU.

It ran like shit and the PS3 port was way more satisfying visually.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I'm stoked to see that 360 games will also get FPS boost. I'm salivating at the prospects.

Does Oblivion get Auto-HDR? I wonder how it would jive with (or somewhat fix) the very intense bloom effect in that game.