• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Laura Bow. Just great little adventure series with fun plots, clever puzzles and amazing atmosphere.
pic1.JPG

lol8asa5.jpg

I liked the characters in Laura Bow games quite a lot :) The gameplay, however, should not be as unforgiving during "action scenes" (may be an artefact of memories, but i remember getting as frustrated during the final scenes of the second game as during Freddy Farcas Frontier Pharmacist's last scene...).
To sum it up, i would love a revival, perhaps with our favourite heroine in her late days, having a young one under her wing trying to make it as a reporter.
I should replay the games...

cervanky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ecco the Dolphin

eccoywswt.png

At the end of Ecco: The Tides of Time,
Ecco is instructed to destroy the Atlantean time machine by the progenitor of all life on Earth, the massive sentient double-helix Asterite, so he heads to their sunken city to execute the task. The Vortex Queen - a defeated alien from another world - beats Ecco to the time machine and travels back in time, integrating with life on Earth and giving rise to arthropods. When Ecco arrives at the machine, he decides not to destroy it, but to again use it, departing to a time unknown...

Ed Annunziata, Ecco's creator, was once asked on Twitter what his plans were for an Ecco 3. He wrote:
"Mankind extinct, ocean silences, sea mammal metacosm (again), an earth mind arises, apocalypse, genesis, rebirth."

Ecco 2 was released in 1994, and it's been 23 years since its release (the Dreamcast spinoff was cool, but its own continuity). The gameplay was incredible, dolphins are fun to play as. Eating fish for health, managing on oxygen meter, blasting alien heads off with your sonar - the gameplay was really solid. Maybe introduce Metroidvania elements? Let's bring back Ecco. Ed Annunziata's down for it. Call him up, Sega.

Last edited:

YukidaruPunch

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Salvador, Brazil
mw_world2_pict_1280_1024.jpg

1471443627-64268785.jpg

monsterworldiv.jpg

Wonder Boy/Monster World was just too good for this... world.

I guess we did have the Dragon's Trap remake and Monster Boy is in the works, but I really wanted something with a similar art and musical style. I just love it so much.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
DOWNHILL DOMINATION.

Probably my favorite racing game, but it's just entirely gone. No re-releases, no mentions in other games, nothing.

And yeah, Shadow Hearts.

Also, it's stretching the definition of "obscure", but I'd go Marathon. People know about it because Bungie went on to make Destiny, but I'm not sure how many have actually played it. Forget all this Destiny nonsense and just re-do the Marathon series as a proper, recent SP-only game.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
<---

Although I guess Ape Escape really isn't all that obscure.

If I had to choose something else, I'd pick Monster Rancher. The switching disk gimmick is still so strong, and with today's technology I'd bet that the developers could really make it really something else.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Drakan

Open world Dragon riding/fighting and third person action with lite rpg elements?
With today's technology, flying Arokh around would be fantastic as you wouldn't be limited to canyons and foggy island coasts (Full disclosure, I've never played the sequel). This would be amazing now. Just give Rynn more actual armour, and less male gaze in her character model. She already had a pretty good story line/motivations in Order of the Flame

Crimson Skies

Again, full disclosure, I have no idea how the OGXbox sequel plays, as I never played it, but the original was far too well written and well designed a flight sim (what with the pulpy heroes and 1930 serial aesthetics) to be left to die. Again, better tech, just upgrade the visuals but keep everything else the same. Was hoping Harebrained Schemes would one day get to this after Shadowrun

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
<---

Although I guess Ape Escape really isn't all that obscure.

If I had to choose something else, I'd pick Monster Rancher. The switching disk gimmick is still so strong, and with today's technology I'd bet that the developers could really make it really something else.

I always imagined a 3DS Monster Rancher where you generate monsters based off StreetPass data. I guess the time has passed for that though.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
My answer to these threads will always be Dungeon Siege.

iEFiXpZ.jpg

Square Enix and Obsidian ran the series into the ground...

ivb

Oct 28, 2017
Bubsy.
Elite Beat Agents/Osu Tatakae Ouendan on Switch

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Tenchu and Shinobi definitely need to come back. No more ports and mobile release, either.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
Not that obscure, but had mixed reactions and was a bit of a mess but..

The_Temple_of_Elemental_Evil_Coverart.png

Easily one of the best combat systems ever in a D&D game..it was just a mess when it launched..but fan patches really has helped it..

I would love to see a return

Nov 11, 2017
MysticalNinjaStarringGoemon.jpg

The Ganbare Goemon series. Every game that's ever made it to the west has been phenomenal. The two N64 games are some of my most treasured memories of that console. The last true game in the series came out in 2005 on the DS, which I heard was pretty good though it was very Japanese heavy and difficult for a non-speaker to play. He's basically only been used as a pachinko machine mascot ever since, though even the last time he was seen in that context was 2011. He did get included as a Bomberman Switch costume in a very recent update, however.

Unfortunately he's a Konami property, and it's very likely we'll never see another Goemon game again. Which is a damn shame, because his games are a goofy-ass, robot-punchin', coin-collectin' good time.

+1, even though there's a 0% chance we'll ever see Goemon again the way Konami has gone. I'm sure you'll be shocked to hear that the latest iteration of this series is a pachinko machine.

Also, I would totally second the guy who said Bloody Roar. Primal Fury on gamecube is one of my favorite fighting games of all time, there's something amazing about a fighting game where you can turn into a giant wolf and just go to town. Or a penguin, pecking your friend's feet until they die and throw their controller across the room in a fit of totally understandable frustration. Fuck I miss that game.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I have a real soft spot for Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the N64 for its innate weirdness and tongue-in-cheek humor. My understanding is that Konami made a weird self-serious reboot around the PS2 launch and it bombed hard, basically dooming the franchise. It would be nice to see them try that series again, but with Konami being the way they are these days, it probably won't happen.

It's my favorite N64 game and one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. I would love to see it come back.

Goosenman

Nov 6, 2017
Not sure how it would happen but I'd like to see a new No One Lives Forever. I think the rights are a bit of a mess which is why it isn't on GOG etc.

A new Blood would be great too.

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Revenant-Locke.jpg

Revenant was fun. Flawed in some ways but I really liked it. I also felt there was a chance for more, but it never happened.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
star-trek-starfleet-command-iii_20020731104208_2542_original.jpg

I would also love to see new Star Trek: Starfleet Command. The series was never as popular as Star Trek: Armada, but I liked it a lot more. Aside from Bridge Commaander those were my favorite Star Trek Games.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the "me too" 3D platformers that followed in Super Mario 64's wake, this was the best.

s7QAyTy.jpg

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I would love to see a new No one lives Forever. That was a fun fps that had a fun setting.

I would also like to see a new Commandos. I want them to do a fun 2d game.