• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would rather play a game that's smaller but is filled with stuff to do like the yakuza game's
Agree. I would rather games have much smaller worlds but with way more interactive options. A more believable and lived in world would be way more interesting to me, rather than massive open zones of nothing.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to see how it plays out in OW, but I don't doubt they'll pull it off so it's nice they don't view open world as the singular goal for what they want to do moving forward.

Oct 25, 2017
If it feels like KoTOR or Mass Effect 1 then it'll be a hit for me. That type of game is surely missing these days.

Sure, I loved KotOR, but that wasn't an open world so much as a world with a few defined areas/paths that you traveled down, though not all of those paths were necessary to find to complete a planet.

I think "go anywhere" open world games are the best games for action adventure games in 3D, but I'm cool with this type of game, especially from Obsidian considering how much I loved both KotOR 2 and Alpha Protocol. However, to me, Fallout: New Vegas is the best game ever made, and that's Obsidian working with a "go anywhere" open world, so I'd like to see them tackle that again.

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, I saw a thread a couple of weeks ago that said open-world games should not be afraid to have much wider gaps between content (instead of the aim I think the Assassin's Creed developers had of showing the player something of interest every 30 seconds), and there was near unanimous agreement. Now we've got a thread that suggests the open-worlds should be scaled back to allow an even more dense concentration of content, and pretty much everyone agrees with that too!

I guess people are just really unsatisfied by the middle-ground we have now and want games to pick a side.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I love Open world games, at least the ones I ve played worked really well (botw, ac Odyssey, Skyrim, fallout 3) but they should what works best for them.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm just glad they no longer have to be skeptical of being able to make a potential next game, period.

I don't care if it's open world or not.