• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
What's the current status on Obsidian currently? I remember a thread, about them being open to the idea to be bought by a company. That was a year ago and it seemed like they were in trouble.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way its and EA or Beth game if the engine is UE4. Cant be a Japanese publisher probably. Really hope its not fucking WB.

AAA leaves very little potential suspects that dont make you want to groan at what might come out of such a partnership. Good god I hope its not a Sony exclusive even though if there ever was a match made in heaven it would be the best of the bunch except PC peasants like me wont be able to play it. Didnt one of the ex-Obsidian guys go to GG to make Horizon.

Maybe its one of the Euro publishers that made off like bandits after THQs death.
Could also be MS, they dont have a AAA RPG currently (atleast that's announced) could be a nice fit.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Fallout 4 sort of New Vegas?

A SP Star Wars RPG would be cool but doubt that due to EA stance on those sort of games atm.

Can see this being a WB/ MS thing probably be a VGA announcement? Do hope its a 3D AAA RPG game rather than top down though.

edit:

Back in May they retweeted this to SEGA.

Ah yea probably a SEGA based thing then.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Well... hype!
Hope it's something "classic fantasy", like a new Neverwinter Nights! :D
But also Alpha Protocol 2 would do...

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
51uqb0EVWwL.jpg
(german children's book series)

Gonna be lit.

Came here to post this. You beat me to it ;)

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm hoping for Fallot New Blah from them! Bethesda is missing out on not hiring Obsidian to make inbetween games for them. Everyone wins in that situation.

Ferrasvansen

Oct 25, 2017
Azeroth(Scotland)
Total war RPG game by any chance, step into the battle and rise through the ranks as you conquer Europe and further afield. Failing that a new Fallout game would be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Why is VtM:B missing from that list?

Edit: Oh I guess it's only including games with the actual Obsidian name attached even though they're the same key people behind Bloodlines.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
Obsidian is one of my most beloved game developers and Pillars II one of my most anticipated Games of 2018, so Iam extremely eager to see their next bigger project.

I remember them saying they are open to being purchased if the conditions are right a few months back and reading Microsofts recent 'we need more studios' statements, I could see this game being an Xbox exclusive and the studio itself being a possible purchase target for Microsoft.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Sega published Alpha Protocol, just saying ;)

Alpha_Protocol_cover.jpg

If it wasn't for the controls in that game I would of really liked it. Couldn't get passed the first main area because of them (tried both controller and K+M).

Though would really like them to do a sequel that improves on it a lot.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If it's Sega they should do a Phantasy Star, lol.

But man, it'd be awesome if they did Justice League... I can't believe they had a pitch for that and WB didn't do anything with it. :(

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling it's going to be a whole new IP since that seems to be the trend with them. Highly doubt it will be Fallout because Bethesda is Bethesda. Regardless, I look forward to anything from Obsidian. So many great RPGs and one of my favorite devs since they're basically the OG Fallout dev.

Why is VtM:B missing from that list?

The same reason Fallout and Fallout 2 aren't there. As Obsidian, they did not develop those games. They're not going to claim to have developed it despite Black Isle Studios and Troika Games backgrounds.

EDIT: I see you edited your post.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
If it wasn't for the controls in that game I would of really liked it. Couldn't get passed the first main area because of them (tried both controller and K+M).

Though would really like them to do a sequel that improves on it a lot.

Huh, did not have any problems with the controls that I remember. Pretty standard as I recall. Played K+M.

An new alpha protocol would be awesome. But I don't hold out much hope for that.

vhm74

Oct 30, 2017
A sort of Neverwinter Nights game based on the Pathfinder IP would be great

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I should really buy the Pillars of Eternity games and Tyranny.

I would love if they took another stab at a action-stealth-RPG like Alpha Protocol. I loved so many things about that game. I suspect whatever they do next will continue being in the style of old CRPGs though, it seems to be doing well for them.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wish it were Vampire: TM but they nixed that rumor a while back :(, can't believe it either since Obsidian has two of the three founders of Troika working for them, seems like everything was aligning and then.....nothing.

So I just hope whatever it is that it's something new/different, not just another fantasy type of rpg, even though I love those I want to see Obsidian go to something different now after POE/Tyranny/POE 2.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
What's the current status on Obsidian currently? I remember a thread, about them being open to the idea to be bought by a company. That was a year ago and it seemed like they were in trouble.

It feels like they swing from resounding commercial and critical success to life support with every game at the moment.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately it's more than likely not another Fallout. But hey they make great games so whatever it is should be good.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'am a bit worried about the writing in there upcoming games they have lost a lot of talent in the last few years.

Hope its Tim Cains game

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
Another Obsidian Fallout would literally cause me and my girlfriend to explode in a searing ball of holy fuckness. Like literally, next to Animal Crossing Switch that's the one game I'm dying for.

Shame it won't happen -_- Tho still excited for whatever they reveal.