• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
One of my favourite things to do when watching movies is to spot and have a giggle at obvious stunt doubles. One of my favourites is this one from the lunch club scene in Beverly Hills Cop. Do you enjoy this pastime and what are some of your favourites?

Oct 28, 2017
4f9a05088ba9724c-600xhokey.jpg

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Not a movie but I always enjoyed how obvious Buffy's stunt double was in the TV series. There was an enormous gap between muscley stunt Buffy and skinny screen Buffy.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
T2 motorcycle is one of those things that you can go years without noticing until it's pointed out, and then it's suddenly so glaringly obvious that you can't help but focus on it from then on.

Oct 25, 2017
The Blade Runner scene where Zhora falls through the glass was really bad, I remember. It got fixed in eventual cuts.

Vargas

Oct 27, 2017
Breakin 2 when Turbo falls down the stairs, some how grew a foot taller and got more muscular.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Face/Off at the end when they're on the speedboats and the boat explodes when they hit a pier. Totally not Travolta and Cage!

Oct 29, 2017
In Ridley Scott's Legend there are various shots of the Darkness fighting at the end where you can tell the stunt double just got a quick version of the costume with a latex mask rather than the full makeup Tim Curry got. That elaborate prosthetic work must not have been friendly at all with violent movements.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also not a stunt but the obvious mannequin in some shots of the bugs scene in Temple of Doom

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how for so many years I didn't notice the motorcycle stuff in T2, but now I can't unsee it every single time I watch it. It's kind of ruined that entire sequence of the movie for me, or at least tainted it. But yeah, came to this thread to point out that one and I see I am already very late to the party.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just watched point break for the first time ever.

First of all what a ridiculous movie, I actually thought maybe it was supposed to be a joke.

Second every stunt in that movie from the surfing to the skydiving is glaringly performed by a stunt double.

Dec 6, 2017
US
This scene from The Beyond, an Italian Horror flick, always cracked me the fuck up. Not even a stunt double so I don't know if it qualifies but the switch to the prosthetic head is really funny especially how it doesn't react whatsoever to...being eaten by spiders...and then the wounds are even inconsistent from shot to shot.

Caution: gore and spiders!!!

OP
OP
Boy Wander

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
T2 motorcycle is one of those things that you can go years without noticing until it's pointed out, and then it's suddenly so glaringly obvious that you can't help but focus on it from then on.

I'm the same with the Beverly Hills Cop lunch fight. It happens quickly but once you notice it you can't unsee a chubbier older black dude with a mustache.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
These shots are even better on old tv shows that were never meant to be watched in HD or on large screens. I love going back to Space Seed in Star Trek and watching William Shatner and Ricardo Montalban disappear for a good 30 seconds.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not only is it clearly not Richard Kiel as Jaws, it's also very clearly not Roger Moore as Bond.
Still amazing opening scene though, just hindsight and 4k transfers which make it painfully clear.