• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Siegmeyer

Nov 2, 2017
In Armour of God there's a scene where Jackie Chan fights 4 women and it's clear in some of the wide shots that some of them are men.

It happens throughout the scene, but the most blatant is around the 3.10 mark where the woman runs up the stairs.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the lesson here is that movies are made to be watched once on a big screen, not scrutinized frame by frame on a 4K transfer.
I noticed the one in Face/Off that I posted and the one in T2 in the theaters.
Man, here's another good one. Chinese stunt double for Van Damme fighting Mickey Rourke in Double Team.
One shot at 1:55 or so:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Not a stunt double, but I love how blatant it is (the actor wasn't on set anymore when they needes this shot)

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
source.gif
Yea this one is so bad, pls cgi that Martin.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Cameron changed it with the last release. He imposed Arnies head onto the stunt double. Which looked obvious too ha.
Face/Off at the end when they're on the speedboats and the boat explodes when they hit a pier. Totally not Travolta and Cage!
Oh man, when I bought that on blu ray years ago, and I saw the opening fight in the hangar and a dude gets blown away with a shotgun or something and you see these these thick ass wires on his back, plain as day. Never noticed it until the clarity of blu ray. Made me sad.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
One of my favourite things to do when watching movies is to spot and have a giggle at obvious stunt doubles. One of my favourites is this one from the lunch club scene in Beverly Hills Cop. Do you enjoy this pastime and what are some of your favourites?

Do you listen to Doug Loves Movies? This exact scene was discussed on yesterday's episode!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that what he said regarding a sequel, but still, but what would be the excuse for The Abyss than?

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a film, but the hilarious segment with Tom Cruise and Conan O'Brien driving around in the car. In the end Cruise escapes by jumping out of the driving car. I'm not sure it's intentional, like a sort of play on how Cruise does a lot of his own stunts, but this is SO obviously a stunt double. In the car Cruise is wearing a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and the guy jumping uit is wearing a thick sweater with long sleeves, only roughly the same color. Doesn't look anything like Cruise. And the 'stunt' is so simple compared to what he usually gets up to...But perhaps I'm reading too much into this.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An HD transfer exists. I've seen it in 1080p on TV and it looked great.

Wish I'd had the foresight to record it.
I know, I've seen it as well (through not so honest ways), the problem is that for a blu-ray/4k release, Cameron needs to sign off on it. Which so far, he still hasn't done for whatever reason. He says he's busy, which I get, but for so long that he couldn't even sit for a single day and discuss the transfers or do it in between stuff?

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Some of y'all need to timestamp your 5 minute videos that have a half second stuntman.

Also, posting titles with your screenshots.

grandmastashi

Nov 6, 2017
Not films, but George Peppard's stunt double in a terrible white wig became very obvious to see in literally every fistfight (except closeups) when The A-Team was released on DVD.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
From the movie The Rock.

T4rCOVR.gif

ZiCcGJo.png

That's supposed to be Sean Connery

And this one is not really a stunt double but:

CswiLWH.gif

Last edited:

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
In Armour of God there's a scene where Jackie Chan fights 4 women and it's clear in some of the wide shots that some of them are men.

It happens throughout the scene, but the most blatant is around the 3.10 mark where the woman runs up the stairs.

Jackie's stunt team will always stand in when the actors have trouble keeping up with him or handling bigger tumbles. He did the same thing with the kickboxer on the rooftop in Who Am I. Dude wasn't fast enough for Jackie, so he had Brad Allen replace him.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Terminator 2 had a really obvious double when Arnie drives off the partition during the viaduct chase, but when I saw the 3D reissue last year they fixed it with CG and it looked perfect.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
A more recent example is during the rooftop chase scene in Aquaman. When they are doing the long pan out shot toward the end, it looks like they put a man in a white jumper and red wig in place of Amber Heard and called it a day.