• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone forgets that Pelosi is a legitimate progressive and earned the ire of the GOP for a reason.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This is the most important part that gets depressed in these 'new house speaker' articles.

Literally half of the mainstream editorial press wishes the Democrats were more conservative than they currently are. Hence them hyping all the pretenders and saying the Justice Democrats would be sabotaging her and even voting in a Republican Speaker if necessary. They're terrified of Nancy playing nice with the left-wing newcomers.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Fine with it, but Pelosi really needs to consider shaping a successor to take her role.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with Pelosi, and this raised my respect for Ocasio-Cortez as well. Pelosi knows what she's doing and the last thing I want is to see the Dems devolve into an even more fractured party like the Rs did with the Tea Party folk.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
I want AOC as speaker of the house
lol no. A freshman congresswoman who has no experience in Congress and has not yet proposed a single bill. Hard Pass. I do like her fight and she's a potential future party leader but Speaker of the House is a super important position that cannot go to a rookie.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Good she's smart. Massive respect.

I thought she'd just go "anri-establishment".

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Will never really understand why they wouldn't want her. She's their favorite boogeyman
I think she knows her value is a shield and target.
Literally half of the mainstream editorial press wishes the Democrats were more conservative than they currently are. Hence them hyping all the pretenders and saying the Justice Democrats would be sabotaging her and even voting in a Republican Speaker if necessary. They're terrified of Nancy playing nice with the left-wing newcomers.
Damn never thought it of that way, but it does make sense

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Peeps need to let her actually do the job first. Dope takes on social media =\= being an effective member of Congress.
Just goes to show how deprived Democrats are for politicians they both like and can relate to. We see a good one and it's like a unicorn we want to make president on the spot to try and fill a void feeling.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
To note, one reason all the competition is to her right is because Pelosi hasn't cultivated a progressive base of leaders like she should have been doing.
Shouldn't new progressive leaders kinda cultivate themselves? Would anti-Pelosi liberals really want Nancy Pelosi's handpicked successor as a party leader?

The only reason Pelosi's nomination is in question is because moderate Dems who ran against the idea that they'd nominate "liberal" Pelosi to be speaker.

I mean... what other possible outcome were people expecting?
I'd wager many people who oppose Pelosi as speaker have no idea that the people running against her or opposing her in the House are to Pelosi's right.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Well lookie there..

Bet this has some folks seething. It certainly worries the Republicans, lol.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
Every-time i think of Nancy Pelosi , Hilary Clinton comes to mind. So lame, is politics just that much of insider club that these corrupt people are there that long. Just uninspiring

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She'll be 80 in 2020. She really needs to have someone a lot younger than her lined up to replace her.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every-time i think of Nancy Pelosi , Hilary Clinton comes to mind. So lame, is politics just that much of insider club that these corrupt people are there that long. Just uninspiring

Is it because they both have vaginas? Misogyny is lame dude. Recognize it and look into why you're going this route.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What insider club is forcing her district to keep re-electing her? More and more it seems people want things to be more undemocratic than it already is just so it "feels" better.

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds good. Until you have someone opposing her be just as progressive to run if not more so than the moderates constantly nagging about her and the who-gives-a-damn Right-wing hit pieces, why wouldn't I want Nancy Pelosi?

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Nancy is great and has been on the right side of history for most major things (including being for LGBT+ rights decades before others). We should definitely look for young blood to replace her in the future.

Mr. Schumer on the other hand..

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Pelosi was one of the founding members of the Progressive Caucus, but propaganda has successfully convinced millions that she's a neoliberal centrist.