• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
A fortnite bundle is so stupid.

Literal waste of money.

Get a bundle with an actual videogame that costs money. Don't get a bundle with a game that is free.

You gotta have like 3 braincells to go for the Fortnite bundle, lol.
It's the cheaper bundle though. I get what you're saying, I agree, but if all you're looking for is a Switch and people look it as the cheaper Fortnite-machine for their kid, there's some pull there. Maybe.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Literal waste of money.

Get a bundle with an actual videogame that costs money. Don't get a bundle with a game that is free.

It has in-game currency and exclusive skin.

It is objectively better than the standard SKU since they are priced the same.

allan-bh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft deals for S are disappointing this year, Minecraft bundle should be at $179 maximum, or all S bundles should be $199 instead of $229.

In the other hand, $399 for Xbox One X is a nice deal.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
I have the feeling that if Sony would put 3M spiderman bundles in the shelves, would sell them out for sure

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw for those that underestimated what Switch would do over the holidays with Pokemon and Smash

RIP

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Benji Do you expect restock for PS4 before Black Friday?

There will be Spider-Man PS4 stock for BF even if Sony doesn't resupply. It's in every BF ad. Retailers will hold back some stock specifically for later this week. It's going to fly off the shelves though.

Btw for those that underestimated what Switch would do over the holidays with Pokemon and Smash

RIP

Great to see. Huge holiday for everyone.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not being saved. Just even with the stock Sony are nowhere near meeting demand.

PS4 at $199 has so much life / demand its unreal. Saw it last year and seeing it again already this year

Are we looking at a better November this year than last year for PS4?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How did Switch do in November 2017 in the States again?

Edit: lol at the below.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

RIP

fbe1153f01.jpg

Jun 17, 2018
Stock should last longer than last year, Walmart has received a huge amount of console.

walmxeeqe.png
Well damn! I wonder what part of those are being held for the actual BF shopping day?

Also, I think Amazon already blew their load because Sony shipped them a pittance of consoles. We know Sony and Amazon haven't been the best of friends this year.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Switch will take December... I don't think November is even up for discussion... the numbers will heavy favor PS4 in November.
Yeah it's pretty obvious who will win the two months, but I'm excited to see the numbers these three put up. It's gonna be a fun two months, possibly the best holidays of the Gen in my opinion due to the games and bundles.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
If you dont buy one now good luck getting one on BF

So

Not kidding. Spyro on PS4 is probably going to outsell FO 76 on PS4 in units unless 76 has some sort of crazy digital share.

Spidey PS4 will be lucky to last through the end of tomorrow tbh

Get on it if you want it

Holy hell. I think it will take some years for us to fully realise what kind of beast PS4 actually is

The Minecraft Bundle is #24 on Amazon right now. That isn't low.

One X #47

NBA S Bundle #96

That is low. It should be atleast in top10

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the best ps4 pro deal would be at GameStop on Black Friday. They are giving away a $50 gift card with ps4,xbox or switch purchases. Deal doesn't include Spider-Man slim ps4 and Minecraft Xbox one s bundles. I guess keep an eye out for the rdr2 pro bundle for best value

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017

Literal waste of money.

Not all people (especially casuals and parents) know that Fortnite is free game.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
Spidey PS4 will be lucky to last through the end of tomorrow tbh

Get on it if you want it

Will there possibly be any additional shipments before BF? Someone in the GameStop thread is claiming they are only reserving 6 bundles for BF at each store which just seems absurdly low so my first though was that they might be expecting an additional shipment of stock.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Mario kart deal is a pretty good one too. I mean its also a question if stock. Switch doing 1,5-2 million in november is not really out of reach with Nintendo banking heavily and stockpiling heavily in preperation for these months. I think Switch will take both november and december.

Sire Yoshi

Oct 25, 2017
RestEra Sales threads
That $199 Spider-Man bundle tells the whole story. Big stock + insane deal = 2M-ish units sold for the month, most likely.

What else needs to be said? PS4's $199 deal is too strong for Switch to compete with, last year PS4 sold double of the Switch so if stock is at least comparable then it should comfortably take the month.

True, but isn't it already almost sold out? This isn't that encouraging for raw numbers nor momentum

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
There was 0 chance Switch would have a weaker nov this year vs last year. No idea why people were so down on it.

Those PS4 numbers are gonna be bonkers. So hyped

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Switch is going to have monster sales this month.

But there's realistically no real way it can sell more than a $199 PS4 with Spider-Man. Unless the PS stock is light, which it isn't.
It actually seems like it is, it's already sold out on Amazon and it didn't even get to #1. I mean last year they basically said they sold way to many PS4s for a discount on Black Friday so they're not going to do the same again.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It actually seems like it is, it's already sold out on Amazon and it didn't even get to #1. I mean last year they basically said they sold way to many PS4s for a discount on Black Friday so they're not going to do the same again.

Happened last year too, though it may have sold out quicker this year. The $199 bundle was sold out at most retailers very early in the week in 2017.

Stock likely isn't light, the demand is just really high. A PS4 for $199 with the biggest Sony exclusive of the year is a pretty crazy value.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Benji told us stock is bigger than last year's BF deal, by a noticeable margin. Sellout is due to massive demand, not due to light stock. Last year's stock led to 1.5M sold in November, this year's should lead to close to 2M or so.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
True, but Benji words suggest that it could very well be way up, instead of just somewhat up.

I think it did like 760k last Nov. This year with Pokemon and like some semblance of actual holiday deals, there was little doubt imo it would post really solid numbers. I would be surprised if it didn't hit 1m.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
November will be great.

Let's Go doing around/slightly better than XY
Switch selling a lot
Super Mario Party bundle will overperform compared to expectations
PS4/Spidey "nuking things from orbit" more than last year

And I still think Smash will put even Pokémon to shame in December.

A couple of crazy months coming.