• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
is the ring a different size from stardom or something, i can't really tell

it seems like the issue here is the person taking it just being too far away

I chalked it up to the ring differences and not having spent time in it to adjust even though Stardom rents their rings so it's frequently different, WWE rings still have their own quirks that I doubt are shared with many rings elsewhere.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
They've announced:
Nicole Savoy
Dust w/Rosemary
Leva Bates
Delilah Doom
Mercedes Martinez
Cheerleader Melissa
LuFisto
Shotzi Blackheart
Kimber Lee
Tessa Blanchard (10/21 only)
Britt Baker
Kiera Hogan
Shazza McKenzie
Samantha Heights
Solo Darling
Marti Belle
Willow Nightingale
Veda Scott (and her dumb cat head)
Hyan
Jessicka Havok
Dynamite DiDi
Neaveh
Karen Q (10/20 only)
Sierra
Ashley Vox
Jinny
Holidead
Yea I was just listing who I liked

At least Hudson Envy is out so it's Lufisto singles

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the event 40 dlls in the USA?

The IPPV is 20 dlls for me on FITE.

Are they doing a traditional PPV and charging 40 dlls?
That would explain the whole promo code in their images:
DpQ3k_iW4AAj4-x-1200x640.jpg

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
God I remembered earlier last tapings they ran Lufisto/KLR but it had a fuck finish to set up a tag the next day..............

Oct 26, 2017
UK
To be clear I'm not whining about Io being unsafe or anything but that moonsault was hilarious. First in the company and it's a murdersault

Oh, I didn't mean to target you Brian. Just that super fans will often jump on foreign talent when nobody gets hurt whilst also doing everything to defend their faves from the promotion.

The reality is that sometimes mistakes happen, sometimes workers are so terrible at your job you can't tell the different between faces and chests, then sometime you've got some serious anger issues and shoot to end the careers of more over talent.

nHwTU6J.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only two accurate moonsaulters are(were) Christopher Daniels, and Kenta Kobashi.

Kobashi was super unbelievably accurate considering his size, and he didn't need a long distance to hit them.
FemaleAccurateBluejay-size_restricted.gif

large_gourd

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 29, 2018
it seems like something the other performer should be responsible for - io's gonna land in pretty much the same exact spot every time, right? surely that would become clear in practice. it's your job to be in the right spot, right?

they do a backflip off the rope and it's your job to be somewhere so it looks like it hurts, they can't see where you are at the moment they jump.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw John Cena do a QnA at the Library Of Congress for a bunch of kids. (2nd graders I think). He was there presenting his new Children's Book.

A question from one of the kids.

"Are you still Married to BRIE Bella?"

I had a good laugh.

And if anyone cares, John Cena's favorite Ice Cream is Chocokate Chip Cookie Dough with MnM's, Hot Fudge and Sprinkles. But he can't have that everyday for breakfast. He just has a bowl of cereal, some eggs, and a glass of water.
Big toppings John.

Also Cena has a children's book?

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
If anyone hasn't heard it, the SI interview with Cena is a pretty interesting listen

- He kills any talk of his relationship with Nikki, completely stonewalls with a firm no

- He talks about how he can't explain what he posts on Instagram, but that it almost always has a hidden meaning. He said he'll never explain anything though

- Says that he tried and felt like he wasn't keeping younger talent down, and that he did his best to elevate others

- Really talked up his past Mania experience, he specifically lobbied to be able to sit in the crowd the whole night without security, he loved talking to fans during the show

- About the Taker match "Our directive was to make Taker feel like Taker again" and said that "atleast people said we should've gotten more time instead of less time". Definitely felt like it was booked to be a novelty match and not a real match

- Talks a bit about living in China, and how much weight he lost, and his hair situation

- In general doesn't seem to have regrets about anything WWE related, is of course very grateful and a company man

- Loves his current career, where he can star in R-rated comedies and still do Make a Wish stuff

- Talked a lot about how he was always going to be a very limited worker, but tried to entertain everyone in different ways.

- Talked a lot about how WWE considers their audience as anyone from 6 years old or older, so his character was tailored towards trying to appeal to someone that young

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I hear you. It seems insane to pay $40 for a freaking Impact PPV or any PPV in 2018.

But if I'm paying for some wrestling this weekend, Impact Wrestling's Bound for Glory looks like a pretty good option.

The LAX vs. OGz feud might honestly be the best feud in North American wrestling of the year. Only Rush vs. LA Park comes close to mind.

Still, we can always be hit with a Joker Sting.
sting+as+joker.gif
Dan Ryckert is going to be attending Bound For Glory

Knowing his luck, watch him end up with an Impact contract by the end of the night

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Triple H believes that WWE chief Vince McMahon has never watched a full episode of his own developmental brand NXT.

The revelation will come as little surprise to fans who have criticised Vince and WWE for the treatment of NXT stars once they're called up to the main roster.

Triple H made the comments in London while announcing the debut of NXT UK – which airs on the WWE Network next Wednesday October 17.

But Triple H also says that Vince's outsider view of NXT is a good thing – and helps him see the brand and its superstars objectively.

He said: "I don't know that he's ever even watched a full episode of NXT start to finish. He's busy."

But "The Game" says he's always amazed by how much insight Vince has on the product and superstars from watching just snippets.

Triple H said: "He will pick up a lot from bits and pieces from what he sees. To me it's always amazing – his insight of things.

"I realise he just saw a snippet but what he will say about that snippet is a bigger overall arc to the entire product, and I'm like, 'That's really right.' I think it's great that he doesn't see all of it because it gives him a different perspective. It gives him an outsider view on it."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7477...ce-mcmahon-nxt/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone hasn't heard it, the SI interview with Cena is a pretty interesting listen

- He kills any talk of his relationship with Nikki, completely stonewalls with a firm no

- He talks about how he can't explain what he posts on Instagram, but that it almost always has a hidden meaning. He said he'll never explain anything though

- Says that he tried and felt like he wasn't keeping younger talent down, and that he did his best to elevate others

- Really talked up his past Mania experience, he specifically lobbied to be able to sit in the crowd the whole night without security, he loved talking to fans during the show

- About the Taker match "Our directive was to make Taker feel like Taker again" and said that "atleast people said we should've gotten more time instead of less time". Definitely felt like it was booked to be a novelty match and not a real match

- Talks a bit about living in China, and how much weight he lost, and his hair situation

- In general doesn't seem to have regrets about anything WWE related, is of course very grateful and a company man

- Loves his current career, where he can star in R-rated comedies and still do Make a Wish stuff

- Talked a lot about how he was always going to be a very limited worker, but tried to entertain everyone in different ways.

- Talked a lot about how WWE considers their audience as anyone from 6 years old or older, so his character was tailored towards trying to appeal to someone that young
It was a good listen.

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017
Leyton Buzzard (Joe Henry's intern) is getting proper ripped. He's gonna be a big face in ICW when he leaves Joe, crowd are already well into him.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
generally i'd agree but when the dumb shit the Elite feeds meltzer is saying "talent aren't happy and are considering leaving" that's kind of hard to ignore

This is also what happens when Dave plays into whatever dumb work shit they're trying to put across (whether he knows it or not)

Here's my thing though

If this is as simple as "the Elite are working Dave", then why give him this Craven guy's name at all? Why not just give vague info? Because now this guy is going to take all this shit for a report that might just be all made up. Makes no sense for them to do that.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave also said that WWE is making backup plans for in case they don't run the show in SA. If they are doing that then they are at least further into considering it than I thought.

If they back out, I think the Saudis are going to be so pissed that they are just going to kill the deal. Because there's zero chance anyone on that side of the agreement sees anything wrong with running the show.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I say they cancel one show, then they'll wait and see if this blows over. It'll be hard for Vince's uncreative greedy ass to give up on the money they get from this deal. Even though it would've given them bad PR in the future.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Oof

I say they cancel one show, then they'll wait and see if this blows over.

This isn't a normal business relationship though. It's not like both sides are going to come together and be like "well we can't do this right now because it will look bad". MBS and the Saudi side would never admit to fault and so they are not going to agree with WWE that there's any wrongdoing in doing the show. So if WWE cancels on them, they are going to be angry about it.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
From Dave on the board:

Me printing the story hurt the negotiating leverage for all involved, so if you think for a second, if anything, I'd have been backstabbing the people you think I'm helping.

That wasn't my intention. My intention was to give you guys the real news and I get shit because a few of you guys can't even think straight enough to realize the people who you think leaked it, which weren't the guys, would be cutting their own negotiating leverage to do so. You actually should be happy I didn't even play that game of maybe I shouldn't report it or think why people in contract negotiations who want to stay would come to me and cut their throats in negotiations.

So Dave saying the people complaining to him weren't the elite - or at the least others were complaining directly to him.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
From Dave on the board:

Me printing the story hurt the negotiating leverage for all involved, so if you think for a second, if anything, I'd have been backstabbing the people you think I'm helping.

That wasn't my intention. My intention was to give you guys the real news and I get shit because a few of you guys can't even think straight enough to realize the people who you think leaked it, which weren't the guys, would be cutting their own negotiating leverage to do so. You actually should be happy I didn't even play that game of maybe I shouldn't report it or think why people in contract negotiations who want to stay would come to me and cut their throats in negotiations.

So Dave saying the people complaining to him weren't the elite - or at the least others were complaining directly to him.

Seems a messy situation.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
I honestly think creating a Twitter account was a bad move on Meltzer's part from the get go. Feels like it's only created nothing but problems for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.