• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Akira Hokuto's injuries prevented her from ever taking part in matches like that.

It's a shame. AKINO was around during the late 90's most notably in GAEA and her match against Actwres girl'Z Sekiguchi during the conclusion her final set of rookie matches at OZ will easily be in my top 10 this year.

That and Takumi vs Mikoto Shindo at Marvelous are Pro/Rookie matches everybody should go out to see.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate that set-up though. Starting with the Rika/Miu match it was about NBG shitting on inexperienced performer as being weeds that needed to be plucked whilst Rika fought for them for the wrestlers they could grow into. Then throughout the year the tag matches have shown Rika's teams getting the potential wins over Sakisama/Misao only to be foiled by the tag elements of the matches. It's resulted in a consistent theme throughout their matches and whilst tonight's fight has nothing to do with that directly there's very much an element of Kamiyu growing from a useless weed into a solid wrestler for reasons other than the beauty Sakisama found alluring in the past.

Also I think Misao's tightened up her offence and Saki's improved a whole lot over the last year. Their reign's never felt meandering to me to the extent I think it's more solid than the Saki/Azusa run and hasn't had to rely on the gimmick as much.

Painting that as a thread is a bit of a stretch considering how drawn out it's been and how irrelevant Rika has been throughout the year. It's not bereft of thought, but I can't say there has been much to invest in, month to month, for Rika.

It's a promotion fueled by personalities more than booking. You take the good with the bad.

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
enjoying life now

always weird when there's wrestling on fridays that isn't for total fucking nerds

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Painting that as a thread is a bit of a stretch considering how drawn out it's been and how irrelevant Rika has been throughout the year. It's not bereft of thought, but I can't say there has been much to invest in, month to month, for Rika.

It's a promotion fueled by personalities more than booking. You take the good with the bad.

I think her being involved with NBG has been so constant that I don't think it's too far as a stretch.

At the same time I think one of joshi's greatest strength is the wrestling building clear stories in the ring outside of booking so maybe that's all it is and it won't be followed up on. Also I find Rika's performances alone investing so maybe I'm just reading too much into that, maybe I'm just connecting non-existent dots due to how much I enjoy what she does with the little she's given.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
TJPW audio being right-channel only is gonna get annoying with a headset on, ugh.

Also Maketakunai is the first UUG song that's legit good.

Maketakunai >>>>>>>>Upper Kick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Upper Chop

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
NKDlrgs.gif

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Haruna Neko jobbing on her first night back, absolutely buried

Sounds like she has huge heat with gorilla in the back

OP
OP
Brian_FETO

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
devastating variation of the goodnight express, get in there ref

i'm throwing up the X in my kitchen

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Yep
Bray gets covered in a bunch of stage equipment, the ref for some reason counts a 3 with Seth on top of the equipment, Bray is missing when they remove it.

Don't give Vince ideas.

PATTERSON! Get in here. This MG310 guy on some nerd shit forum came up with an idea for the end to Seth versus The Fiend. And I LIKE it. It's good. It's unique. It'll...PISS people OFF. Mmm. I like pissing people off. You think...you think we could take the idea? Patent it? Your nickname is Patent Patterson, isn't it? What? No? It is now. Get it. Get that idea on paper. We're doing it, god damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.